Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

1 minute ago, gafreak said:

12 inversions

That would tie with The Smiler at Alton Towers, but I would only see that with the Steel Curtain track as that was 9 inversions off the bat.

Then again Bizarro/standard layout have the most inversions on a floorless at 7, the rest only 5 right? thus, its plausible that none of Steel Curtain's type would never steal its inversion record.

I don't think RMC would ever go that high, especially since Alan doesn't want to do vertical loops which would help justify the high inversion count.

Six inversions on each side of a Mobius loop dueling coaster would give you 12 inversions...

4 minutes ago, Pineracer said:

That would tie with The Smiler at Alton Towers, but I would only see that with the Steel Curtain track as that was 9 inversions off the bat.

The Smiler has 14 inversions, not 12. I do not think that whatever coaster is coming to Great Adventure will go for this record. 

• Like 1

12 rows of 2 (T-Rex) or 12 rows of 1 (Raptor).

Aren’t guests allowed to visit the RMC factory where the rides pieces are manufactured? If this really was a project by RMC, wouldn’t we know about a larger single rail coaster currently being developed? I am hoping they are just keeping it very quiet, and hiding the details so that it’s a surprise.

Edited by Gyrotron

1 minute ago, Gyrotron said:

12 rows of 2 (T-Rex) or 12 rows of 1 (Raptor).

GCI tains are 12 rows, so I can see that

I saw a couple of interesting thoughts on Instagram, such as 12 records (by six flags standards), or since it's dark knight's 12-year anniversary, it could be a celebration of that (hence the confetti). 

1 minute ago, Gyrotron said:

What ride is this for?

60D1901D-63E7-4BF0-8BC4-D96ABAE99679.thumb.jpeg.c30e9c0d8f8e2e6ecc9bf89e1a5d99db.jpeg

Hasn’t that been around for quite a while now as a sample of the single rail track?

The single rail track in the picture is larger than the Raptor model track.

In my opinion, it looks even larger than Harley Quinn’s track, as well.

B8A46963-DCF4-487E-B95A-9024E20597C5.jpeg.9d1e59ebc72ba0c1c2c164bf1db0bc06.jpeg

Edited by Gyrotron

3 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

What ride is this for?

60D1901D-63E7-4BF0-8BC4-D96ABAE99679.thumb.jpeg.c30e9c0d8f8e2e6ecc9bf89e1a5d99db.jpeg

That may have been used for Harley Quinn at SFDK, but if not, it could be headed our way!

The speculation and hype for this new attraction is greater than for any other addition over the past several years. I hope that it really is an RMC and becomes one of the best rides in the Six Flags chain!

9 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

What ride is this for?

That is several years old and is the only piece of T-REX track ever manufactured.

1 minute ago, Medusa42 said:

That is several years old and is the only piece of T-REX track ever manufactured.

Seeing that they’re capable of producing it already, is it possible that they could be building T-Rex for a 2020 project?

4 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

Seeing that they’re capable of producing it already, is it possible that they could be building T-Rex for a 2020 project?

No, it's for coasters in the 300-500 ft. tall range and Six Flags doesn't have the money for something like that.

Edited by Medusa42
  • Like 2

Considering how crowded great adventure is It blows my mind that they supposedly don’t have money for the big coasters.

they spent 25 million on coasters twice before ...

4 minutes ago, DRU said:

Considering how crowded great adventure is It blows my mind that they supposedly don’t have money for the big coasters.

they spent 25 million on coasters twice before ...

Different management, different era.

• Like 1

Screamscape needs to make another post about a leak already.   This is starting to weigh heavy on my mind lol 

3 minutes ago, Clearvue said:

Screamscape needs to make another post about a leak already.   This is starting to weigh heavy on my mind lol 

Haha 😂 

53 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

No, it's for coasters in the 300-500 ft. tall range and Six Flags doesn't have the money for something like that.

Not that I think a RMC giga would be cheap, but I'm sure it'd be cheaper then B&M or Intamin's giga coasters. Looking at how much some of the other RMC's cost, it'd be safe to assume it'd be between the price range of 15-25M. But that being said I absolutely doubt a RMC giga would ever come to this park, or a giga in general lol.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone planning on attending tomorrow’s planning board event? I know GAdv wasn’t listed on the Agenda, but I head that in the past they would apply to be apart of the planning board meeting after the agenda was announced. 

5 minutes ago, Chrislovescoasters said:

Not that I think a RMC giga would be cheap, but I'm sure it'd be cheaper then B&M or Intamin's giga coasters. Looking at how much some of the other RMC's cost, it'd be safe to assume it'd be between the price range of 15-25M. But that being said I absolutely doubt a RMC giga would ever come to this park, or a giga in general lol.

Intimidator 305 Cost 25 million so maybe it could  be around 20 for an RMC Giga. 

We do really need a giga. Ka doesn’t hold a candle to the Gigas

1 hour ago, Medusa42 said:

12 months to build, Grand Opening end of summer. 😀

More like 12 years....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gyrotron said:

They’re capable of producing a demo track. Its made in a way that shows how it can curve, as well. 

What they’re not yet capable of is mass producing it for something like a Giga coaster. 

Maybe it’s going to be a 12  person single file raptor? considering were thinking it might break the Raptor height record it might work. 

Edited by DRU