Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

47 minutes ago, Clearvue said:

He has already confirmed they are developing a custom raptor. They’ve hinted at a lot of things for years.  The Trex, custom Raptor, and an In-between...   I can think of many things I’d prob want more at GADV than a Raptor or Trex ... but god would I have to have a bad ass RMC at our park.  They are amazing rides. When rolling thunder was pulled, I lost all optimism we’d ever see one.  For the life of me I still can’t understand how or why they didn’t convert her. UNLESS.... they considered it and RMC mentioned things in the works and said this would better suit your park ( custom higher capacity Raptor, or Trex) .... GADV has fallen out of the top 2 parks and Great America took its place as #2.    It’s time she shines again as a thrill capital

I feel that it would have been easy to give a name to an RMC Rolling Thunder, Tormenta is the spanish word for thunder storm, and I'd be fine because they at least tried to fit it into Plaza better. I personally feel that a super loop should have replaced Twister or Jolly Roger (which would be put in Swashnuckler's spot and Swashbuckler in front of Batman's corkscrew and second loop and rethmed to Harelyquinn or Riddler via removing those facades and putting a new one behind it to fit the theme-not sure about the queue hugging the Demon District Arena tho)

Also, if Magic Mountain has scrapped Colossus, they would be able to have expanded their water park without taking out parking-and that is something that should be a draw to compete with Soak City (as Universal and Disney don't have water parks in CA). Just sayin'.

12 minutes ago, Pineracer said:

I feel that it would have been easy to give a name to an RMC Rolling Thunder, Tormenta is the spanish word for thunder storm, and I'd be fine because they at least tried to fit it into Plaza better. I personally feel that a super loop should have replaced Twister or Jolly Roger (which would be put in Swashnuckler's spot and Swashbuckler in front of Batman's corkscrew and second loop and rethmed to Harelyquinn or Riddler via removing those facades and putting a new one behind it to fit the theme-not sure about the queue hugging the Demon District Arena tho)

Also, if Magic Mountain has scrapped Colossus, they would be able to have expanded their water park without taking out parking-and that is something that should be a draw to compete with Soak City (as Universal and Disney don't have water parks in CA). Just sayin'.

Based on what I’ve been hearing, the main reason we didn’t see a conversion was because RMC didn’t want to touch the ride because of how old it was, and deemed it unfit for a conversion. So yes, GAdv actually did try to get a Rolling Thunder conversion to happen but RMC didn’t think it was worth the risk with how old the ride was. It’s a shame but hopefully this 2020 addition can make up for it. 

12 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

So what is next clue is GONNA be today? I bet next clue is M because there MIGHT be hint to RMC like Raptor.

Probably O, A, S, or T

4 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Here is my guess: C.O.A.S.T.E.R. = Custom RMC Raptor

Am I even shocked that you said this?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Here is my guess: C.O.A.S.T.E.R. = Custom RMC Raptor

Just promise us now, if it doesn’t turn out to be a Raptor or TRex, you won’t go completely ape shit on all of us.    

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Clearvue said:

Just promise us now, if it doesn’t turn out to be a Raptor or TRex, you won’t go completely ape shit on all of us.    

Just wait until Coaster Studios uploads Six Flags 2020 Prediction video this week/weekend. He will tell us what 2020 addition would be at Great Adventure. I'll wait for it......I just WANT RMC Raptor that's all.

7 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Just wait until Coaster Studios uploads Six Flags 2020 Prediction video this week/weekend. He will tell us what 2020 addition would be at Great Adventure. I'll wait for it......I just WANT RMC Raptor that's all.

Half of the predictions from Coaster Studios prediction video last year were wrong, including the two major coaster additions. He knows literally nothing about the 2020 addition. 

I still don't get how some people think that six clues, with one letter highlighted in each, can somehow spell words with seven letters...

Edited by lynn41103
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Ah, Coaster Studios. The voice of reason in this community. Not like he has any more information than me or you. 

26 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

How about Screamscape? Maybe this week or next week we'll find it out as Screamscape tell us another 2020 rumor soon?

Screamscape isn’t the most reliable source in the world, if I remember correctly they didn’t get the Justice League prediction right even though it was leaked months in advance.

26 minutes ago, lynn41103 said:

I still don't get how some people think that six clues, with one letter highlighted in each, can somehow spell words with seven letters...

The same letters could end up being used twice in the final word, but I see where you’re coming from. 

17 minutes ago, Zash said:

Ah, Coaster Studios. The voice of reason in this community. Not like he has any more information than me or you. 

What if he is coaster studios?!

24 minutes ago, lynn41103 said:

Some of us are playing a different game until everyone else comes out denial and accepts that a Maurer Spike Coaster is coming in 2020.  I can already see the “Great Adventure is getting screwed over” and “We haven’t received a real coaster since 2006” comments coming.

11 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

Some of us are playing a different game until everyone else comes out denial and accepts that a Maurer Spike Coaster is coming in 2020.  I can already see the “Great Adventure is getting screwed over” and “We haven’t received a real coaster since 2006” comments coming.

In my will ferrel voice “YOU DONT SAY THAT!” 

I asked why the Aquaman stuff is an exclusive sale, was told it’s because it’s the theme of the new attraction coming next year

FA948717-17A1-4ADD-8484-3D0A4DD3BB67.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

If we theoretically received something like that then the comments would be justified, considering that we already have at least four family coasters and we clearly don’t need another one. A kids area expansion would honestly be a better addition in that situation. 

Edited by Tower

On 8/19/2019 at 10:10 PM, Gyrotron said:

Maurer Spike coaster would be interesting, it has 1000 p/h capacity, and 6 cars of 2 passengers (12). I am having a hard time imagining this being the addition, though. It could be a possibility.

Please God No!

if we don’t get a real coaster I’m canceling my membership! 

Edited by DRU
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, DRU said:

Please God No!

if we don’t get a real coaster I’m canceling my membership! 

What defines a “real” coaster anyways? Why was GL not a real one? Joker? The only valid argument for the not a “real” coaster I agree with is for El Diablo. 

8 minutes ago, Zash said:

What defines a “real” coaster anyways? Why was GL not a real one? Joker? The only valid argument for the not a “real” coaster I agree with is for El Diablo. 

I agree. While I absolutely want a huge record breaking thrill coaster...as someone with younger kids (14, 10, 7) a family style coaster would be very welcome. 

To each his own,  but of all the things to cancel my pass/membership for, that wouldn't be it. 

• Like 2

I think it’s time for a conventional roller coaster. It’s been 8 years since Green Lantern, considering Joker wasn’t what I’d call “conventional”, so I’d agree that I hope for this attraction to be something marquee. 

I would much rather prefer a kids expansion than another family coaster. Skull Mountain, Harley Quinn, Dark Knight and RMT are just fine. There are about a thousand other options that don't include a thrilling coaster that would benefit the park more than a 5th family coaster.