Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

5 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I was checking some comments on YouTube and found this:

Kason Anthony
I personally think its going to be an S&S launch coaster similar to Maxx Force. 1. Premier only does 1 ride a year and SWO is getting a launch coaster from them it looks like. This means we aren't getting a west coast racer type ride. 2. S&S posted pictures of track they were manufacturing that looked like the same Style as Maxx Force. 3. RMC has said several times recently that the TREX needs more development and prototyping before being built. For this reason I doubt it is a TREX and to me that is the best ride model Great Adventure could receive from RMC. With that being said it is possible that they could just build a ground up RMC Hybrid. However that would need to be a very big investment to break records like what Great Adventure is saying their 2020 addition will do. So imo I cross RMC out of the equation. 4. The amount of land that GADV is working with is really not too significant, not enough to build a TREX, record breaking hybrid, or anything too sprawled out. The only way they would have the land is if they take out a large chunk of their kids area or their rapids ride and so far we haven't seen any signs pointing towards the removal of a ride. 5. With a Maxx Force style ride not much space would be needed. Also it wouldnt be that hard to break some pretty major records. They could break the north american acceleration again, highest inversion, and some other random bullshit records Six Flags likes to make up. I also want to put emphasis on the fact that if they were to get a launch coaster from S&S I believe it would be MUCH more significant than Maxx Force. I would guess a 85+ mph launch and probably an extra 1000ft of track. So im not saying that GADV is not going to be getting a huge investment next year, they will likely have the biggest addition in the chain in both cost and size.

I think this isn't S&S Launch Coaster like Maxx Force or RMC T-Rex...Most likely we are getting custom RMC Raptor or midsize single rail coaster.

I really hope Six Flags Fun is Jim Reid Anderson’s burner account 

3 hours ago, Matt Kaiser said:

Here's a list of words. 😂

CARNEY CARSEY CEDARY CELERY CENTRY CHEERY CHERRY CHERTY CHYPRE CIDERY CLERGY COREYS CORSEY CRAYER CREAKY CREAMY CREASY CREEKY CREEPY CREPEY CRESSY CRESYL CRIKEY CURNEY CURVEY CYCLER CYDERS CYPHER CYPRES DECURY DESCRY DRECKY GRYCES OCHERY OCHREY PRICEY RECOPY REECHY RICKEY RYPECK SCAREY SCRAYE SCREWY SCRYDE SCRYER SCRYNE YACKER YICKER YUCKER

A new celery and cherry fruit stand!

I think the whole "Rivers once flowed here, but have since run dry" refers to the coaster going on the plot of land that Adventure Rivers sat on top of. I have a feeling Congo Rapids is safe for now, and you guys should be more worried about getting your last rides in on Road Runner Railway instead. ;)

9 minutes ago, joeyc98 said:

I think the whole "Rivers once flowed here, but have since run dry" refers to the coaster going on the plot of land that Adventure Rivers sat on top of. I have a feeling Congo Rapids is safe for now, and you guys should be more worried about getting your last rides in on Road Runner Railway instead. ;)

Am I the only one old enough to remember that thing as the moon flume?

C1B543FF-0EF3-482A-A251-7641402E907F.jpeg

Is this supposed to be aheading for Great Adventure in 2020 or not?

(My bet guess this is going for SFNE for 2020 addition possibity theme to Supergirl)

I gonna guess Great Adventure is getting larger single rail coaster next year.

T-Rex is out of the question as it’s still in the development phase.  Chances are a premier triple launch of some kind. Probably near the lake. That’s my guess. 

5 minutes ago, photoguy said:

T-Rex is out of the question as it’s still in the development phase.  Chances are a premier triple launch of some kind. Probably near the lake. That’s my guess. 

The park won't get S&S or Premier Rides launch coaster. It says there will be Tall, Fast, Steel coaster not S&S or Premier Rides launch coaster maybe midsized dueling RMC Raptor if you mind. Remember, Screamscape has still RMC Raptor rumor on Great Adventure's page.

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

The only way I see this being a dueling RMC is if it is one track that completes a mobius-loop layout. I do not think Six Flags would buy two separate tracks - that would require much more staff to operate, and just overall be extremely costly. 

4 hours ago, joeyc98 said:

4 hours ago, DRU said:

Am I the only one old enough to remember that thing as the moon flume?

First, I too have only ever referred to that ride as the Moon Flume.  Just like Congo Rapids is always referred to as Roaring Rapids by me.

To be sure we are all talking about the same land, and I had to look at the rides section of Great Adventure History to make sure I wasn't insane, Roaring Rapids/Congo Rapids is Adventure Rivers. The Moon Flume was installed as the Hydro Flume and ended its life as Riptide.

I did enjoy looking back at the pictures of the Moon Flume. It made me miss it after not thinking about it for a while.

In conclusion, I think "Where the rivers once flowed..." would be the moon Flume, or as I have relearned today Hydro Flume, Ride the Rapids, Splash Down, Kodak's Splash Down, Irrawaddy Riptide, or Poland Springs Plunge.

It is basically all but confirmed that we will see it go where LTSP is, not sure about Congo Rapids, but LTSP really is in such a bad state it is no longer even needed as a kids area *unless it were revamped******** And like I said, when I visited the park the other day I heard construction behind the Taz swing ride, without a doubt. These clues are for the GP, we Six Flags nerds already know where this coaster is gonna be ;)

“I haVe InSiDe SouRCeS!” 

This was a reply from someone on twitter about the clue.

i don’t believe it holds any weight what so ever butttttt what I do have a question about is if employees actually do find out before hand 

BC25CCC2-8D51-4550-BC20-03F23AC5057B.png

2 minutes ago, Clearvue said:

“I haVe InSiDe SouRCeS!” 

i don’t believe it holds any weight what so ever butttttt what I do have a question about is if employees actually do find out before hand 

Maybe the inside source is the speculation of this forum..... and we are just in a big inside source circle!

1 minute ago, Nitr0o said:

Maybe the inside source is the speculation of this forum..... and we are just in a big inside source circle!

I replied saying “yea no” and he promises it’s true.  I’m asking for him to provide more evidence to further back up his claim. So let’s see 

I think only the executive employees in the marketing departments and other high up positions know what is coming. Their is no doubt about it. I do believe they do have to sign non-disclosure agreements. I really don’t think someone would risk their job to tell someone who works as a cashier or ride operator what is coming. 

Just now, CrazyCoaster said:

I think only the executive employees in the marketing departments and other high up positions know what is coming. Their is no doubt about it. I do believe they do have to sign non-disclosure agreements. I really don’t think someone would risk their job to tell someone who works as a cashier or ride operator what is coming. 

NDA’s are guaranteed but I’m sure things slip 

1 minute ago, Clearvue said:

NDA’s are guaranteed but I’m sure things slip 

I know things may slip but I don’t think they would let anything major slide. I think the name could have been told around or the height but nothing major.

16 minutes ago, Clearvue said:

“I haVe InSiDe SouRCeS!” 

lol.PNG

1 minute ago, ForTheWin44 said:

lol.PNG

The more he shares it, the more I doubt it, ironically. 

1 minute ago, Zash said:

The more he shares it, the more I doubt it, ironically. 

Yea I was going to say the same thing. But you never know.  I’d actually believe him if he gave more information but he essentially quoted every single rumor and put them together 

I think I will start a word puzzle in response to the “insider information”.

Two letters. It contains a B. And it contains an S. 

• Haha 6

So you are saying B and S could be the 5th and 6th letters?

Thus CREYBS has to be unscrambled?

1 hour ago, scott said:

First, I too have only ever referred to that ride as the Moon Flume.  Just like Congo Rapids is always referred to as Roaring Rapids by me.

To be sure we are all talking about the same land, and I had to look at the rides section of Great Adventure History to make sure I wasn't insane, Roaring Rapids/Congo Rapids is Adventure Rivers. The Moon Flume was installed as the Hydro Flume and ended its life as Riptide.

I did enjoy looking back at the pictures of the Moon Flume. It made me miss it after not thinking about it for a while.

In conclusion, I think "Where the rivers once flowed..." would be the moon Flume, or as I have relearned today Hydro Flume, Ride the Rapids, Splash Down, Kodak's Splash Down, Irrawaddy Riptide, or Poland Springs Plunge.

Cool, i’m glad I’m not the only one who remembers that name.  Are you saying the moon Flume was never it’s  real name?

37 minutes ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I think I will start a word puzzle in response to the “insider information”.

Two letters. It contains a B. And it contains an S. 

RMC dueling Banshee Jersey Devil Roller Coaster creature cypher yipper

Edited by Clearvue

38 minutes ago, Pineracer said:

So you are saying B and S could be the 5th and 6th letters?

Thus CREYBS has to be unscrambled?

8 minutes ago, Clearvue said:

RMC dueling Banshee Jersey Devil Roller Coaster creature cypher yipper

It was a joke.  

✈️

🙄

• Like 1

Just now, 29yrswithaGApass said:

It was a joke.  

✈️

🙄

As was my reply.   I guess sarcasm is hard to read over the inter web sometimes.  Next time I’ll put the /s so it’s easier to identify 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DRU said:

Cool, i’m glad I’m not the only one who remembers that name.  Are you saying the moon Flume was never it’s  real name?

Well that's the funny thing, It was only Moon Flume for 2 years. 1976 to 1978. It was one variation of Splash Down or another during the years I visited the park most during a season but it was still Moon Flume to me.

http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/HydroFlume.htm

I do agree with some of the posts that said it would be nice to have all of the kiddy rides in a specific area.  I hope they don't get rid of the Road Runner Railway as I believe someone mentioned. Its a nice little coaster for the little ones.