Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

Wildfire at Kolmarden Wildlife Park costed about $12M USD. That is not as expensive as I would have expected. Does anyone know how much the Raptor clones costed, approximately? 

1 minute ago, Gyrotron said:

Wildfire at Kolmarden Wildlife Park costed about $12M USD. That is not as expensive as I would have expected. Does anyone know how much the Raptor clones costed, approximately? 

From what I have heard, Railblazer and Wonder Woman cost around $4M USD. 

6 minutes ago, EasternThrills said:

From what I have heard, Railblazer and Wonder Woman cost around $4M USD. 

Are you confident in your source(s)? Not that I’m questioning you, but that is very cheap. Pulsar at Walibi Belgium was €8.5M, which is about $9.4M (2016). With Over Texas investing into an attraction that is around $10M, it’s certainly possible that Six Flags would put a similar amount into another park for a larger attraction.

8 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

Are you confident in your source(s)? Not that I’m questioning you, but that is very cheap. Pulsar at Walibi Belgium was €8.5M, which is about $9.4M (2016). With Over Texas investing into an attraction that is around $10M, it’s certainly possible that Six Flags would put a similar amount into another park for a larger attraction.

That does seem very cheap but it might be possible. It’s almost like space X cutting cost due to reusability and how they build their rockets.   Maybe raptors are cheaper due to requiring less work to construct as it has less parts ?   Idk.  If it was only 4m I’m surprised we haven’t seen more in other parks around the world. 

32 minutes ago, scott said:

Well that's the funny thing, It was only Moon Flume for 2 years. 1976 to 1978. It was one variation of Splash Down or another during the years I visited the park most during a season but it was still Moon Flume to me.

http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/HydroFlume.htm

I do agree with some of the posts that said it would be nice to have all of the kiddy rides in a specific area.  I hope they don't get rid of the Road Runner Railway as I believe someone mentioned. Its a nice little coaster for the little ones.

Cool deal I always liked the moon flume better,  I was sad when they removed it.

I remember that jump at the end was awesome! Thanks for the link

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DRU said:

Am I the only one old enough to remember that thing as the moon flume?

Nope , it should’ve never letgo, it was better the the crappy log flume

28 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

I definitely have zero sources, but I am confident in the person who I heard it from.

Here’s the conversation with this guy.  He’s pretty persistent on saying his friend is reliable.   Idk 

take with a grain grain of salt 

2C357A34-6F61-491C-87B1-83C96ECAB0FD.png

F1D2C673-26D9-4110-B4EF-7D8C6A83F35A.png

8D46E79F-EF92-404C-B4FF-F516A72743C2.png

DE2CE6C1-FDF1-4DE3-8E0E-0FEA1B70B51C.png

2E965C49-98FC-4891-9E31-582072238AD3.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Clearvue said:

Here’s the conversation with this guy.  He’s pretty persistent on saying his friend is reliable.   Idk 

take with a grain grain of salt 

2C357A34-6F61-491C-87B1-83C96ECAB0FD.png

F1D2C673-26D9-4110-B4EF-7D8C6A83F35A.png

8D46E79F-EF92-404C-B4FF-F516A72743C2.png

DE2CE6C1-FDF1-4DE3-8E0E-0FEA1B70B51C.png

2E965C49-98FC-4891-9E31-582072238AD3.jpeg

I personally don’t buy his story. It could definitely be true, but there’s no merit to his claims. 

I will say though, thank you for trying to get more out of him!

Yea I mean, I tried but he got defensive to a point about it. Rightfully so.  If he is telling the truth, he is just passing his info on to the rest and I’m callin BS directly to him.  So I get it. But as I said, maybe it’s true. Maybe it isn’t. 

If he said people were told today and a bunch were sent home due to telling people, than more leaks should be coming in the next day or two so we will see.  If nothing else comes out, we know it’s bs 

To anyone who actually follows Coaster Studios, I figured you would all get a kick out of this:

349C5AA4-3986-47D3-B400-B139EFC10B02.jpeg

• Haha 1

Anyways, if the Raptor clones really are $4M USD, it’s not an outlandish thought that a $10M investment (comparable to the Power Splash that Six Flags was comfortable paying for) could provide something pretty special. The lower price tag is the likely result of lower material cost (less steel), and less labor necessary to construct.

The Maser Consulting thing is really throwing me off, though. In my memory of RMC projects, they’ve always been on site for the U.S. projects. It leads me to assume one of these four options:

1. RMC is waiting for the announcement until they come on site, so as to not spoil anything (in the same vein, this wouldn’t be a “conversion”, so tell-tale signs are out the window),
  2. Zadra is now completed, so perhaps there is a transition period for the company,
  3. Maser Consulting is responsible for carrying out construction of an RMC,
  4. It’s not an RMC.

The skeptic in me goes with 4. But at this point, who knows? It could be anything.

4 minutes ago, gafreak said:

I now know what it is..... prepare to be shocked....

In a good way or in a bad way?

Pulling out Congo River Rapids would be an absolute mistake. Yes, it's labor intense, but it was also the first installation of that concept in the U.S., and people still enjoy it. 

Just now, rj1972 said:

Pulling out Congo River Rapids would be an absolute mistake. Yes, it's labor intense, but it was also the first installation of that concept in the U.S., and people still enjoy it. 

People tend to hate on the Rapids quite frequently, but I feel the same way as you. All I’m saying is that if the Rapids are indeed gone to make way for this attraction, it better be worth it. 

13 minutes ago, gafreak said:

Care to elaborate?

6 minutes ago, rj1972 said:

Not to be technical, but Congo Rapids is the oldest remaining rapids ride in the US and actually the world. In 1980 Thunder River at AstroWorld opened the year before Roaring Rapids at Great Adventure.    

2 minutes ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Not to be technical, but Congo Rapids is the oldest remaining rapids ride in the US and actually the world. In 1980 Thunder River at AstroWorld opened the year before Roaring Rapids at Great Adventure.    

Wow, that's pretty cool that ours still stands! (As far as we know)

22 minutes ago, gafreak said:

Are you my ex wife ?   Only my ex wife leaves me hangin like that 

• Haha 3

There is one detail that I can’t ignore, and it almost seems like a subtle tease by the park at enthusiasts, which was the wording in the announcement teaser. “After months of rumor and speculation” feels like it could indicate something that has been brewing in the rumor mill. A lot of people have speculated over the years about when Great Adventure would receive an RMC, since it’s a bigger park in the chain and most of the other parks have one. 

1 minute ago, Gyrotron said:

There is one detail that I can’t ignore, and it almost seems like a subtle tease by the park at enthusiasts, which was the wording in the announcement teaser. “After months of rumor and speculation” feels like it could indicate something that has been brewing in the rumor mill. A lot of people have speculated over the years about when Great Adventure would receive an RMC, since it’s a bigger park in the chain and most of the other parks have one. 

Very true, one of the park's biggest rumors was that they would receive an RMC, so at this point, who knows!

I bet the announcement will leak the day (or night) before due to some local news channel, or other circumstance. That happened for Cyborg, and I’m pretty sure Wonder Woman leaked a little early too.