Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

So apparently a flying snake is called Chrysopelea. So there's that, I guess...

But then that'd be 11 letters. As well as a pretty dumb name lol.

Edited by lynn41103

11 minutes ago, Clearvue said:

By any chance does the Jersey Devil resemble a snake with wings ? 👏🏼

"It is often described as having hooves, a snake's tail, bat-wings and a head that looks something like a horse."

2 minutes ago, flatcover said:

"It is often described as having hooves, a snake's tail, bat-wings and a head that looks something like a horse."

That sounds scarey.

1 hour ago, Medusa42 said:

That sounds scarey.

It’s spelled scary, I think the teaser anagram is referring to something else. This doesn’t provide anything new about theme.

Edited by Gyrotron

I'm officially on the hype train for the Intamin invert vs sit down concept

https://rcdb.com/15940.htm

It makes too much sense, and there has to be some records that can easily be broken with this coaster.

The only question I have is cost, because with it being Intamin it will obviously be quite an expensive project, as most Intamin coasters are.  Great Adventure has worked with Intamin on two of their most notable projects, so it would be interesting to see whether or not they would go down that path again. Or maybe it could be done by another manunfacturer. We know S&S definitely has the capability of producing an invert, though the only one that they have made so far is a family model at Dutch Wonderland, so who knows if they would be able to go beyond that. Or maybe an RMC single rail invert dueling with a raptor... (jk this is highly unlikely unless RMC has been saving a surprise up their sleeve and has been keeping a huge project under the wraps)

But god damn, the Intamin one would be so nice and would fill so many holes in our lineup.

1 hour ago, Clearvue said:

Oooof

5C7BCE5F-F860-4B76-BB11-344BE5893E1C.jpeg

Is this supposed to be related to S&S coaster or RMC Raptor? Is going to be dueling RMC Raptor or S&S Launch Coaster? I'm towarding to Screamscrape RMC Raptor rumor, as SFNE possibity to get S&S Launch Coaster themed to Supergirl.

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

14 minutes ago, RD30 said:

I'm officially on the hype train for the Intamin invert vs sit down concept

https://rcdb.com/15940.htm

It makes too much sense, and there has to be some records that can easily be broken with this coaster.

The only question I have is cost, because with it being Intamin it will obviously be quite an expensive project, as most Intamin coasters are.  Great Adventure has worked with Intamin on two of their most notable projects, so it would be interesting to see whether or not they would go down that path again. Or maybe it could be done by another manunfacturer. We know S&S definitely has the capability of producing an invert, though the only one that they have made so far is a family model at Dutch Wonderland, so who knows if they would be able to go beyond that. Or maybe an RMC single rail invert dueling with a raptor... (jk this is highly unlikely unless RMC has been saving a surprise up their sleeve and has been keeping a huge project under the wraps)

But god damn, the Intamin one would be so nice and would fill so many holes in our lineup.

It does seem to make sense with the clues.   I think it would be amazing if it’s  either an Intamin or an RMC.  I wonder like someone else commented if it’ll stay low to the ground have lots of laterals etc. maybe sort of terrain style considering  The references to being in the woods in the dark Etc...

2 minutes ago, Tower said:

@gafreak Can you atleast tell us whether or not this will be an attraction that we’ll be excited about?

What good is that going to do? The announcement is less than a week away, let's just collectively be patient and wait for the actual announcement.

9 minutes ago, DRU said:

It does seem to make sense with the clues.   I think it would be amazing if it’s  either an Intamin or an RMC.  I wonder like someone else commented if it’ll stay low to the ground have lots of laterals etc. maybe sort of terrain style considering  The references to being in the woods in the dark Etc...

And the rumors of Congo being used (if it is removed) The trenches could be used for subterranean maneuvers on the new coaster similar to Cheetah Hunt. 

54 minutes ago, EasternThrills said:

Wow...

why ruin the fun, youll just have to wait and see....

4 minutes ago, lynn41103 said:

What good is that going to do? The announcement is less than a week away, let's just collectively be patient and wait for the actual announcement.

I vote No to your idea :...

gafreak You hold the cards good sir.  

Ok guys. So I've posted about the Dueling Dragons in China and all and how I think that it might come here, but there is no evidence that we would get an Intamin. Check this shit out that someone just brought up on Reddit from about a month back.

A lot of people back then thought that this was probably for one of the rides going to American Dream. But honestly, it seemed a little late for parts to be coming in for AD as most of the coasters had been completed or close to completion by that time. Now, with this most recent clue that we have gotten, I think we should bring this back again, because now it makes some serious sense and could be a serious clue in our 2020 coaster mystery.

EDIT: Take this for what you will, because this could easily be AD parts for their Intamin. But god freaking damn, this is compelling evidence.

Edited by RD30

1 minute ago, gafreak said:

How about At least tell us if we collectivity have ever guessed what it would be 

Raptor 

TRex

S&S 

Intamin 

mauer spike motor bike thingy 

and if it will actually be a Major attraction or a minor attraction ( like huge roller coaster like el toro or minor coaster like the joker ) 

11 minutes ago, gafreak said:

The rest of us appreciate your integrity, good sir.

9 minutes ago, Clearvue said:

How about At least tell us if we collectivity have ever guessed what it would be 

Raptor 

TRex

S&S 

Intamin 

and if it will actually be a Major attraction or a minor attraction ( like huge roller coaster like el toro or minor coaster like the joker ) 

Dueling Custom Raptors, definitely.

16 minutes ago, Clearvue said:

Raptor 

TRex

S&S 

Intamin 

It’s possible that he doesn’t know, and is just toying with us. Easy to say you know about something and then proceed to give zero information.

24 minutes ago, RD30 said:

Ok guys. So I've posted about the Dueling Dragons in China and all and how I think that it might come here, but there is no evidence that we would get an Intamin. Check this shit out that someone just brought up on Reddit from about a month back.

A lot of people back then thought that this was probably for one of the rides going to American Dream. But honestly, it seemed a little late for parts to be coming in for AD as most of the coasters had been completed or close to completion by that time. Now, with this most recent clue that we have gotten, I think we should bring this back again, because now it makes some serious sense and could be a serious clue in our 2020 coaster mystery.

EDIT: Take this for what you will, because this could easily be AD parts for their Intamin. But god freaking damn, this is compelling evidence.

It says 10th partial shipment - this was debunked as being for the Nickelodeon Universe at Meadowlands. They are getting an Intamin Surfrider coaster which utilizes LSM technology.

5 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

It’s possible that he doesn’t know, and is just toying with us. Easy to say you know about something and then proceed to give zero information.

I feel like with each clue and the more confused I get, the more and more I turn Into six flags fun with my hype and borderline obsession now with wanting it to be an RMC Trex dueling god status coaster 

31 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

i do know, but again there are  plenty of people who like trying to guess, some of the guesses are very good, but you'll just have to wait and see what they announce 

Just now, gafreak said:

i do know, but again there are  plenty of people who like trying to guess, some of the guesses are very good, but you'll just have to wait and see what they announce 

Can you at least tell us if its gonna be a big ride?

oh and my source is as solid as they come, if they say no it doesn't happen ....

Just now, EasternThrills said:

Can you at least tell us if its gonna be a big ride?

define big.... big as its a big deal? or big as in size... either way youll be shocked...

4 minutes ago, gafreak said:

I am fine with being spoiled. Mind PMing me instead? That avoids spoiling it for the people who are guessing.