Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

17 minutes ago, Maxxforce19 said:

I mostly lurk here, but I believe you. If I'm correct you're the same guy that correctly called both Full Throttle and West Coast Racers when everyone else was yelling Mack Rides. You are the same kid right? If so, I'm afraid he's dead on guys. He knows someone that actually works for Premier.

If it's not him, carry on...

How would you even know he’s the same person? Does he have the same username on other forums?

21 minutes ago, Tower said:

How would you even know he’s the same person? Does he have the same username on other forums?

That’s a really good question. 

At this point in time, I’m not going to believe anyone other than Harry who says they know what’s coming. Anyone can either spread a rumor or claim they know what’s coming without saying what it is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GASM said:

That’s a really good question. 

At this point in time, I’m not going to believe anyone other than Harry who says they know what’s coming. Anyone can either spread a rumor or claim they know what’s coming without saying what it is. 

I agree completely. I’m glad Harry is the only one that seems to know, I’m not even sure I’d trust anyone else on this forum to safely keep the news truly confidential until the actual announcement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Tower said:

Because he posted the exact same post to another forum last year, including the part about not being able to reveal his source. And he waited until we were close enough to the announcement that he could easily be proven wrong (if he was lying) a few days later. That last time of course, turned out to be West Coast Racers. No one (and I mean no one) was saying Premier Dual Launch but him, and no one believed him. If it's the same kid, he knows someone that contracts for Premier Rides, so he also knew about both Full Throttle and Tempesto.

Maybe it's not the same guy, but my gut tells me it is. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything though so. go ahead and be skeptical.

Edited by Maxxforce19

4 minutes ago, Maxxforce19 said:

Because he posted the exact same post to another forum last year, including the part about not being able to reveal his source. And he waited until we were close enough to the announcement that he could easily be proven wrong (if he was lying) a few days later. That last time of course, turned out to be West Coast Racers. No one (and I mean no one) was saying Premier Dual Launch but him, and no one believed him. If it's the same kid, he knows someone that contracts for Premier Rides, so he also knew about both Full Throttle and Tempesto.

Maybe it's not the same guy, but my gut tells me it is. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything though so. go ahead and be skeptical.

To be fair, anyone could have seen that post and made their own version of it for this year. 

Generally, I would think the rumor of an East Coast Racers would make sense, except that the statement made by the park president last year contradicts one of the main aspects of the ride.

West Coast Racers is a very low to the ground ride, and does not really get much height onto it, while the park president last year described the upcoming ride as "tall", which West Coast Racers does not appear to be.

47 minutes ago, GASM said:

To be fair, anyone could have seen that post and made their own version of it for this year. 

True. Which is why I was asking him if he's the same guy or not. Hopefully he'll respond. If it's him, he'll remember the forum I am speaking of.

10 minutes ago, Maxxforce19 said:

True. Which is why I was asking him if he's the same guy or not. Hopefully he'll respond. If it's him, he'll remember the forum I am speaking of.

Well if his dad really does work for premier, that’s cool stuff.   The people who do know have been saying we will be “shocked” and that we have been spot on before but won’t specify when or where.   

I dont think anyone would be shocked with an east an east coast racer. It would need to be massively different layout and hopefully over 175ft.  

19 minutes ago, Clearvue said:

Well if his dad really does work for premier, that’s cool stuff.   The people who do know have been saying we will be “shocked” and that we have been spot on before but won’t specify when or where.   

I dont think anyone would be shocked with an east an east coast racer. It would need to be massively different layout and hopefully over 175ft.  

Well I can't imagine they'll be clones, because Great Adventure has more open topography where as SFMM's is really squeezed in that area. So it could very well be taller, faster and longer. 

If it really is a Premier Rides attraction, I hope it is not similar in layout to WCR. And anyways, would anyone consider the 67 ft height “soaring”? Maybe the “soaring” is a reference to inversions, which WCR has. There is the possibility it’s an entirely different layout and merely retains the dueling aspect. But the person that commented on this thread said it would be similar in stature to WCR. I’m skeptical, but it is within reasonable possibility.

In another breath, the only ground-up dueling coaster we’ve seen out of Six Flags in recent times is WCR. It would fit the “complex duality”,  better than most other options. Personally, I would prefer something like Full Throttle, but perhaps with a longer layout. Premier has shown their ability to utilize inversions, airtime moments, and launches. They are definitely a strong player in the coaster industry.

Edited by Gyrotron

10 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

If it really is a Premier Rides attraction, I hope it is not similar in layout to WCR. And anyways, would anyone consider the 67 ft height “soaring”? Maybe the “soaring” is a reference to inversions, which WCR has. There is the possibility it’s an entirely different layout and merely retains the dueling aspect. But the person that commented on this thread said it would be similar in stature to WCR. I’m skeptical, but it is within reasonable possibility.

In another breath, the only ground-up dueling coaster we’ve seen out of Six Flags in recent times is WCR. It would fit the “complex duality”,  better than most other options. Personally, I would prefer something like Full Throttle, but perhaps with a longer layout. Premier has shown their ability to utilize inversions, airtime moments, and launches. They are definitely a strong player in the coaster industry.

But the park president said Tall, Fast, Steel not Premier Rides coaster similar to WCR. I think this guy is a liar because we'll getting another launch coaster. I'd rather have dueling RMC Raptors than dueling Premier Rides Launch Coasters. @Six Flags Enthusiast What are you going do with that? My guess will be dueling RMC Raptors themed to Two Face/Riddler.

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

Looks like I have a lot to reply to. I have no affiliation with Premier but rather with the park itself. As proof, I’ll give you something. In 2018, the park was supposed to get a Discovery, yt changed last minute to Cyborg which was supposed to be the 2019 addition. Hence why the cyborg queue is so long and the WW line is so short. Additionally, although a single rail won’t be coming this year, I assure you it will be coming within the near(ish) future.

4 minutes ago, Six Flags Enthusiast said:

Looks like I have a lot to reply to. I have no affiliation with Premier but rather with the park itself. As proof, I’ll give you something. In 2018, the park was supposed to get a Discovery, yt changed last minute to Cyborg which was supposed to be the 2019 addition. Hence why the cyborg queue is so long and the WW line is so short. Additionally, although a single rail won’t be coming this year, I assure you it will be coming within the near(ish) future.

If you are right, the silver lining is that the park was smart, and waited for the bigger model of the single rail coaster. However Great Adventure takes a few years between coasters, so we’d have to be patient.

22 minutes ago, Six Flags Enthusiast said:

The anticipation is killing me, now I really wanna see if you're telling the truth..

Guess we just gotta wait and see. However with the whole WCR debacle it is hard to think Six Flags would go at it again, so I'm definitely apprehensive to that thought...

However it would still be a very welcomed addition, I would be perfectly content with a WCR style ride not sure about the rest of the people here.

37 minutes ago, Six Flags Enthusiast said:

Well, like others, I guess we will have to wait and see if you are correct! Just out of curiosity, why did the discovery fall through in 2018 and turn into Cyborg, if what you are saying is true?

And also, just for your sake, ignore Six Flags Fun

Edited by RD30

1 hour ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

But the park president said Tall, Fast, Steel not Premier Rides coaster similar to WCR. I think this guy is a liar because we'll getting another launch coaster. I'd rather have dueling RMC Raptors than dueling Premier Rides Launch Coasters. @Six Flags Enthusiast What are you going do with that? My guess will be dueling RMC Raptors themed to Two Face/Riddler.

It's literally groundhog day for this guy.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Coasterharrison'98 said:

It's literally groundhog day for this guy.

Nah, Bill Murray actually learned from his mistakes until he got the entire day right and escaped.

Due to Six Flags cheapness, I assume the bathrooms are going to remain in the same spot and possibly become part of the new ride entry plaza.  I think it would be expensive to build new handicap accessible bathrooms in a new location and would eat into the new ride budget.

Edited by Medusa42

2 hours ago, Six Flags Enthusiast said:

First off, I appreciate the reply and taking the time to elaborate further. My question to you is the “tall fast and made of steel” comment doesn’t really fit WCR however as you did say, “similar in stature” so it would have to be bigger faster and maybe longer .... But if what you’re saying is true about a Single Rail coming in the nearish future and Cyborg and WW falling apart and flip flopping .... and based off of the “Tall fast made of steel in the works for years” comment from the president,

could it be at all possible that the park truly was supposed to get the first or just a TRex and RMC couldn’t accommodate that track yet so the park had to switch to something smaller like a Premier double launch WCR style attraction ???

P.S  congrats. By you saying “single rail in the nearish future”. SixFlagsFun will post nothing but that in 2021 and 2022 speculation until we get it. 

P.P.S. Is great adventure aware we haven’t had a ground up special to only GADV coaster since El Toro and that was in 2006?  We need custom coasters not similar layout same thing as another park... they are aware of this right?! 

Edited by Clearvue

37 minutes ago, Clearvue said:

P.S  congrats. By you saying “single rail in the nearish future”. SixFlagsFun will post nothing but that in 2021 and 2022 speculation until we get it. 

I find it funny you think he would have stopped without hearing that.  

Not really much to see (as expected honestly). There are red and blue spray painted markers through out LTSP, but they all seem to be around the area where Taz Tornado, the little coaster and the airplane ride is. Just a few red circles near the bathroom/ Granny's House. 

I'm not sure if these are always there (I don't remember seeing them) ,  but the back gate was open a bit and there was numerous cars parked. I tried to sneak to the open side of the gate, but just as I was walking towards it, an employee shut it lol. (ETA: I wasn't going THROUGH the fence, just wanted to get to the side that opened so I could see in) 

This picture is through the fence. 

20190825_152352.jpg

Edited by hollyferry
Clarity
  • Like 1

Is the theme still looking to be the Jersey Devil? I would much prefer it to be the Riddler & Two-Face theme if it’s something similar to West Coast Racers. It would fit in at that section of the park, where there are so many superhero themed rides nearby (Movie Town). 

By the way, I miss Movie Town. What an awesome section of the park back when it had Stuntman’s Freefall, The Chiller, and Batman: The Ride. A dueling Premier launched coaster at the park would at least pay good tribute to The Chiller, especially if it’s DC themed.

Edited by Gyrotron

37 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

Is the theme still looking to be the Jersey Devil? I would much prefer it to be the Riddler & Two-Face theme if it’s something similar to West Coast Racers. It would fit in at that section of the park, where there are so many superhero themed rides nearby (Movie Town). 

By the way, I miss Movie Town. What an awesome section of the park back when it had Stuntman’s Freefall, The Chiller, and Batman: The Ride. A dueling Premier launched coaster at the park would at least pay good tribute to The Chiller, especially if it’s DC themed.

i don't want another dc themed attraction. We already have too many.