Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

46 minutes ago, MitchCaltabiano said:

not sure if this is true but it seems as if instead of Congo Rapids leaving, the entire Looney Toones Seaport AND Safari Kids area is leaving, I’m hearing that for the most part the rides are going to be relocated but some people are showing doubt that RRR will survive. Once again, this is just a rumor but, it makes sense hence the whole River clue.

My guess is that IF this were to happen, only Looney Tunes Seaport would be removed and not Safari Kids. The only markings that are on the pathways near that area are from Looney Tunes Seaport, and not Safari Kids. I do think that rides from the Looney Tunes Seaport would be relocated, such as RRR, to another part of the park. I would guess from there that Safari kids, part of the kids area that stays, later down the line would be given a major overhaul to Timber-town or DC Super-friends. 

3 minutes ago, EasternThrills said:

My guess is that IF this were to happen, only Looney Tunes Seaport would be removed and not Safari Kids. The only markings that are on the pathways near that area are from Looney Tunes Seaport, and not Safari Kids. I do think that rides from the Looney Tunes Seaport would be relocated, such as RRR, to another part of the park. I would guess from there that Safari kids, part of the kids area that stays, later down the line would be given a major overhaul to Timber-town or DC Super-friends. 

I’m figuring they’ll just expand BBNP a bit with these rides since there’s really not much left in LTS. 

That being said, the LTS rides definitely need to be given some love if they’re going to be moved out of the back corner of the park. Wandered back there today for the first time in probably 5+ years and the few remaining rides look pretty rough, especially Deep Sea Diver. 

1 minute ago, GASM said:

I’m figuring they’ll just expand BBNP a bit with these rides since there’s really not much left in LTS. 

That was another thought that came to mind, they could expand BBNP as well, by relocating a few rides from Looney Tunes Seaport. 

If Congo Rapids does survive, it needs TLC more than any other ride in the park I can think of. The “island” is horribly overgrown and the ride itself needs to be fixed up, including bringing back the waterfalls. 

EDIT: Just took another look on Apple Maps out of curiosity. That island in the middle of Congo Rapids is close to the size of Batman’s footprint, and it appears to be the largest plot of completely undeveloped land directly within the park’s boundaries, not counting the area that borders between the safari and Switlik Lake. 

Edited by GASM

5 minutes ago, GASM said:

If Congo Rapids does survive, it needs TLC more than any other ride in the park I can think of. The “island” is horribly overgrown and the ride itself needs to be fixed up, including bringing back the waterfalls. 

I absolutely agree, as I would much rather see the park restore Congo Rapids to what it used to be like back in 1981, as opposed to getting rid of it all-together. That would include bringing the waterfalls back, and potentially adding in new effects such as a tunnel with water coming out of it, and/or geysers, to allow for more opportunities to get soaked. I would hate to see Congo Rapids removed, as it is only one of two water rides in the park. 

6 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

It’s a shame there isn’t a hint of what is being removed on page 23 of this thread.

What was removed on page 23?

3 minutes ago, EasternThrills said:

I would hate to see Congo Rapids removed, as it is only one of two water rides in the park. 

NJ summers are hot as hell. We need a couple more water rides, not one less. Losing the Hydro Flume and Splashwater Falls in back to back years was pretty sad tbh. 

Just now, GASM said:

NJ summers are hot as hell. We need a couple more water rides, not one less. Losing the Hydro Flume and Splashwater Falls in back to back years was pretty sad tbh. 

I would love to see a Mack Power-splash in the next few years. That and a bucket blaster-style attraction. More water attractions at the park to accommodate to more guests, and for hot summer days, would be great!

• Like 1

As much as I want a new titan of a coaster, a Mack power splash is what I want more than anything else right now. 

On the other hand, I feel like we keep getting screwed over with water rides because of HH being next door, which is a shame because a water ride and a water slide are vastly different. Not a real big fan of most things over at HH (partially due to the fact that I have a bad back), but I love CR and the log flume. 

11 minutes ago, GASM said:

a Mack power splash is what I want more than anything else right now.

It's definitely something I hope GADV Considers to add into the park. 

29 minutes ago, EasternThrills said:

Also, the final clue, Clue #6, is being released at some point today!

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but they'll be posting a teaser today and Clue #6 on Wednesday.

14 minutes ago, Matt Kaiser said:

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but they'll be posting a teaser today and Clue #6 on Wednesday.

Is the teaser a bonus clue like they’ve done previously?

So Six Flags Oiddiya just announced today and they gonna have RMC Raptor called Falcon's Flight being as longest, tallest, and fastest coaster in the world, does it will might affect Great Adventure's 2020 addition would possiblity be dueling RMC Raptors as the world's first dueling RMC Raptors aka Tallest, Fastest, Dueling or Longest ever in next year? I just curious this one because I just don't want Premier Rides or S&S one because this is so going to be pain in my butt right now...I know this is getting me so wrong, why Six Flags Oiddiya gets unique Raptor as they can does if Six Flags Great Adventure can handle on this one they could beat Six Flags Oiddiya with Great Adventure could have dueling RMC Raptors as the world's first dueling Raptors. I want to know all about it right now. I think Great Adventure might buy dueling RMC Raptors already from RMC in some years ago. I don't why the park might gonna do this in next year's addition just curious this one.

Here's Six Flags Oiddiya info:
The City of Thrills is the embodiment of Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030: a forward-looking, boundary-pushing, future city anchored in Arabic design motifs. Here visitors will find Six Flags Qiddiya’s most recognizable and anticipated thrill rides. The Falcon’s Flight, inspired by the Kingdom’s iconic raptor, will be the longest, tallest and fastest roller coaster in the world, while the Sirocco Tower will break more records with the world’s tallest drop-tower ride.

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

If you look on their website the falcons flight isn’t a raptor at all. There’s a nice POV of the ride and it shows that’s it’s for sure not a RMC

2 minutes ago, jakesch18 said:

If you look on their website the falcons flight isn’t a raptor at all. There’s a nice POV of the ride and it shows that’s it’s for sure not a RMC

So we are safe for Great Adventure is getting a dueling Raptors next year maybe?

This isn’t an RMC so SixFlagsFun you are safe. 

But Jesus this rollercoaster doesn’t even look fun.  This looks obnoxiously over the top 

39 minutes ago, Clearvue said:

But Jesus this rollercoaster doesn’t even look fun.  This looks obnoxiously over the top 

It looks pretty unrealistic to me

55 minutes ago, Clearvue said:

Calling it now Six Flags won't be able to finish the park due to "complications"

But anyway, if they due take away LTSP, maybe the master plan is to hold the rides in storage for a year and turn the empty lot where Rolling Thunder was into a small kids area for 2021....

OR a DC kids area for 2021 over by the remaining space behind Cyborg? I think that would be a good idea, considering we went from Balin's Jungleland, Wiggles World, LTSP, and Bugs Bunny National Park down to this kids area disaster we are in now...

36 minutes ago, DRU said:

It looks pretty unrealistic to me

Unless there is a some type of continued momentum assistance on that turn around, I can’t see it making it up that potion of the track. That’s honestly like something I would’ve built when I was 12 on RollerCoaster Tycoon 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nitr0o said:

... if they due take away LTSP, maybe the master plan is to hold the rides in storage for a year and turn the empty lot where Rolling Thunder was into a small kids area for 2021....

OR a DC kids area for 2021 over by the remaining space behind Cyborg? I think that would be a good idea, considering we went from Balin's Jungleland, Wiggles World, LTSP, and Bugs Bunny National Park down to this kids area disaster we are in now...

I was thinking about the kiddie tea cups, Barnstormer, Canyon Blaster, plus a flying scooters and a new kidide drop tower for a DC Super Friends area (Even though I was thinking about trying to fit it where the Observatory is and painting the backs of DK and JL to be an homage to the area through the decades, but your idea is more likely).

I would put Taz in Canyon Blaster's spot, and Road Runner where the smoking section is behind that and do a Lakefront entrance.

I'd been thinking of a Centro Mercado area for sometime to add to the Plaza. Even though I was initially thinking of it as the anchor for a new coaster (which would be out of Six Flags budget), but if you put Tango and some newer kiddie rides in that area, it would look nice. Further down the road, I would put a ride similar to what New England got this year put in Tango's current location or on El Diablo's pad if the new Plaza Mercado doesn't happen

19 minutes ago, Nitr0o said:

Calling it now Six Flags won't be able to finish the park due to "complications"

But anyway, if they due take away LTSP, maybe the master plan is to hold the rides in storage for a year and turn the empty lot where Rolling Thunder was into a small kids area for 2021....

I cant see the rides being held in storage.  They would need to be relocated for next season. What would families with young children do without these (myself included)? I would not have renewed for next year had I known a decent number of the small kids rides are taken away.