Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

2 minutes ago, BigMak said:

I cant see the rides being held in storage.  They would need to be relocated for next season. What would families with young children do without these (myself included)? I would not have renewed for next year had I known a decent number of the small kids rides are taken away.

I can see Bugs Bunny Boomtown/DC Super Friends kids area as second 2020 addition with 2020 coaster.

9 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

It’s a shame there isn’t a hint of what is being removed on page 23 of this thread.

Are you perhaps referring to this? I was looking through this entire thread the other night and noticed it too

Screenshot_20190826-102014_Chrome.jpg

12 minutes ago, hollyferry said:

Are you perhaps referring to this? I was looking through this entire thread the other night and noticed it too

Yes

2 hours ago, DRU said:

It looks pretty unrealistic to me

That’s what I thought. It looks like something I would make in rollercoaster tycoon

At this point, I’m thinking a premiere dueling racer or maybe the Intamin dragons ride from china. I’d honestly rather the park wait to get a T-Rex with good capacity than get a raptor now. And possibly Safari Kids becoming Bugs Bunny Boomtown.

Edited by theflash

9 hours ago, Matt Kaiser said:

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but they'll be posting a teaser today and Clue #6 on Wednesday.

Where’d you hear this from? @Matt Kaiser

Edited by EasternThrills

I personally don’t see SF closing Congo or LTSP. There is a lot of land back there to handle a good sized coaster without having to remove either of the two. I could see them making LTSP smaller though. It’s pretty spread out now with lots of open space. Moving a ride or two to a new location within LTSP make more sense to me. But for all I know LTSP, Congo AND B:TR could all be history. 

12 minutes ago, Njdevl9500 said:

I personally don’t see SF closing Congo or LTSP. There is a lot of land back there to handle a good sized coaster without having to remove either of the two. I could see them making LTSP smaller though. It’s pretty spread out now with lots of open space. Moving a ride or two to a new location within LTSP make more sense to me. But for all I know LTSP, Congo AND B:TR could all be history. 

Batman the Ride? Why would they need to touch that?

16 minutes ago, Njdevl9500 said:

I'd rather B:TR to not removed and get repaint to blue track with black supports with return of props in the queue like a police car, smoke effect, etc next year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I'd rather B:TR to not removed and get repaint to blue track with black supports with return of props in the queue like a police car, smoke effect, etc next year.

@Six Flags FUN! I completely agree. I can't ride Batman any longer due to back surgery, but waiting in the queue with my kids just isn't the same.

Edited by hollyferry

7 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I would honestly love this and a DC Super Friends addition done together one year. But instead of painted blue, maybe black with black supports. It’s nice to have coasters with different colors, since Bizarro is already blue.

13 minutes ago, Tower said:

Batman the Ride? Why would they need to touch that?

That’s what I’m thinking with LTSP and Congo.. Why would they need to touch them? 

Batman is one of my favorite rides in the park and one of the more unique coasters in the lineup since we only have that one invert. They shouldn't need to remove it for a new coaster in the woods.

1 hour ago, Njdevl9500 said:

That’s what I’m thinking with LTSP and Congo.. Why would they need to touch them? 

Both are horribly run down, and either need a lot of work put into them or they need to be replaced. 

LTSP suffers from being a small, unnoticeable area in the distant corner of the park. I was at the park yesterday, and while the park in general was packed, LTSP was a ghost town. 

Congo Rapids on the other hand benefits from being one of two water rides in the park and being in close proximity to Nitro. 

I do really hope Congo Rapids doesn't get touched, the park needs it, Log Flume cannot be the only water ride, and don't get me wrong I love log flume, but it just can't be the only one.

• Like 1

i have this ea:

the Looney Tunes Seaport gets removed for a new coaster, the rapids gets a new as well as Nitro, adventure seaport becomes a dark forest like area, the kids coaster and barnstormers moved to safari kids (later move to national park if safari kids gets replaced by the expansion of the dark forest area

Edited by harry2004

I just want to say this now since it’s the week of the announcement. 

We’re all basically mixed between wanting an S&S, RMC, Premier, Mack... etc 

However one thing not many of us are saying based on all the rumors being shared with us here from reliable sources, is that no matter the manufacture, AT LEAST we aren’t getting a clone ride again.  

Its about time GADV receives a Ground up RollerCoaster as it will be the 1st since 2006. 

Happy announcement week everyone! We waited years for this moment and finally our (exhausted and frustrated) patience has paid off.

no matter what the manufacture is or what the park is losing... let’s finally be thrilled we receive a ride we ALL AGREE the park deserves!

P.S. if it’s a clone, I quit 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Does anyone remember when Six Flags Magic Mountains B:tR clone had gray track? I was always a fan of it and it’d be really cool to see it here. I think touching up our B:tR is long overdue, people say it’s one of the weaker inverts out there.

i have this idea:

the Looney Tunes Seaport gets removed for a new coaster, the rapids gets a new as well as Nitro, adventure seaport becomes a dark forest like area, the kids coaster and barnstormers moved to safari kids (later move to national park if safari kids gets replaced by the expansion of the dark forest area)

Edited by harry2004

7 minutes ago, Nitr0o said:

I do really hope Congo Rapids doesn't get touched, the park needs it, Log Flume cannot be the only water ride, and don't get me wrong I love log flume, but it just can't be the only one.

Yeah, like I said last night, the park should not have removed both the Hydro Flume and Splashwater Falls, especially in back to back years. Since then, the Log Flume’s lines have been absurd on most average days, not to mention during our wonderful NJ heat waves. 

1 minute ago, coliwood_studios said:

I was just on Nitro, and saw that there were TWO devil statues!  Two bodies and two (or three) bases.  🤔

https://gph.is/22XPKHG

8 minutes ago, coliwood_studios said:

I was just on Nitro, and saw that there were TWO devil statues!  Two bodies and two (or three) bases.  🤔

‘Dueling Devils’?

8 minutes ago, coliwood_studios said:

He’s not wrong. I was there yesterday and noticed two statues as well. Just saying it’s probably Jersey devil themed because nothing else at the moment would make any sense when being compared to the clues.

22 minutes ago, GASM said:

Both are horribly run down, and either need a lot of work put into them or they need to be replaced. 

LTSP suffers from being a small, unnoticeable area in the distant corner of the park. I was at the park yesterday, and while the park in general was packed, LTSP was a ghost town. 

Congo Rapids on the other hand benefits from being one of two water rides in the park and being in close proximity to Nitro. 

I’d have to disagree with you on Seaport being run down. With two small kids I spend much of my time in the kiddie areas Around the park. There is a lot of open space and it’s spread out. But always seems nicely landscaped and clean. (For Six Flags standards) Are there things that need touching up or removed completely? Yes... (Granny’s House).  I don’t disagree with you that it’s in the back and out of sight. But, Many times we have been there and LTSP is packed and all the rides have long lines. And there are times there are no lines. Tightening up the area would help the area. I’ve said before moving the submarine and mini teacups closer to Taz swings is something I can see them doing. Removing the area cost $$$. I just don’t see SF spending the money to do it.