Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

13 minutes ago, Chrislovescoasters said:

Lol for anyone to seriously believe anyone who mentions that they know what the knew attraction will be is ludicrous. I can say that I know a guy called Alex Townly who told me and you'd believe me. If ya hear someone mention they know what the next attraction is just deem them irrelevant cause chances are they don't, and them not wanting to say it solidifies that further.

Problem here is Harry prob usually does in fact always for sure 100% always for sure usually always know 

34 minutes ago, Chrislovescoasters said:

Lol for anyone to seriously believe anyone who mentions that they know what the knew attraction will be is ludicrous. I can say that I know a guy called Alex Townly who told me and you'd believe me. If ya hear someone mention they know what the next attraction is just deem them irrelevant cause chances are they don't, and them not wanting to say it solidifies that further.

While i see and can understand your point, there are people that actually know though and don’t say anything because it’s not worth ruining a relationship for. Plus it’s fun to watch and read all the speculation 😂

• Like 1

Im sure theres people who know but I'm referring to those people who comment "I know and im not telling you!!" like lol how about not mentioning at all so that you dont fool people into buying this garbage. Watching and reading is one thing but commenting and saying that you know is another

1 hour ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I think the park president said there will be Tall, Fast, Steel coaster that's means that's RMC like larger single rail coaster.

It’s like a broken record...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tower said:

My whole issue with the S&S and Premier options is not because they are bad rides. Maxx Force and WCR look really cool. I just don’t really want something that already has a very similar counterpart at another Six Flags park (Great America and Magic Mountain, I’m looking at both of you). I want something that is truly specific to our park while indeed filling a hole in our lineup. I don’t want to start a fight, but that’s just my honest opinion. 

Then you should probably pray that whoever replaces Jim-Reid Anderson next year has a completely different philosophy in regard to running this chain, because there hasn't been that sort of coaster put in since he took over.  Even Maxx Force and Wonder Woman seem so built to be replicated at some point it's hilarious.

Edited by Maxxforce19

3 minutes ago, Maxxforce19 said:

Then you should probably pray that whoever replaces Jim-Reid Anderson next year has a completely different philosophy in regard to running this chain, because there hasn't been that sort of coaster put in since he took over. 

I’m sorry, but have you not seen the sort of additions Magic Mountain and Great America have been receiving lately? They’ve been spoiled rotten. I’m pretty sure Full Throttle, WCR, Twisted Colossus, Goliath, Maxx Force and some other coasters in the chain that were installed this decade were all incredibly unique additions to their respective parks when they were first announced. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Maxxforce19 said:

Then you should probably pray that whoever replaces Jim-Reid Anderson next year has a completely different philosophy in regard to running this chain, because there hasn't been that sort of coaster put in since he took over.  Even Maxx Force and Wonder Woman seem so built to be replicated at some point it's hilarious.

Praying won’t do anything.  Several executives have confirmed on earnings calls and investor meetings that the board is looking for someone who will carry out the current strategy and only perform some minor tweaks to the strategy.  The next CEO will most likely not be the Chairman of the Board and will have less power than JRA had.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tower said:

I’m sorry, but have you not seen the sort of additions Magic Mountain and Great America have been receiving lately? They’ve been spoiled rotten. I’m pretty sure Full Throttle, WCR, Twisted Colossus, Goliath, Maxx Force and some other coasters in the chain that were installed this decade were all incredibly unique additions to their respective parks when they were first announced. 

This comment hit harder than a dubstep drop. Kudos 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tower said:

I love how you added that "when they were first announced part". Because Full Throttle is basically a taller replica of a Sky Rocket II model, Twisted Colossus is already being ripped off by a coaster in the same park, Maxx Force will be cloned (trust me on that). I'll give you Goliath, but that ride is so short it almost doesn't count.

Where are the original designs at?

Edited by Maxxforce19

7 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

Praying won’t do anything.  Several executives have confirmed on earnings calls and investor meetings that the board is looking for someone who will carry out the current strategy and only perform some minor tweaks to the strategy.  The next CEO will most likely not be the Chairman of the Board and will have less power than JRA had.

Yep...And yet people still think Six Flags is buying a T-Rex year after year...

All I know is if any other park this year gets a coaster this year and it’s bigger faster and taller than whatever GADV gets I will truly count this year as a disappointment and I will be extremely mad.  To show anymore neglect to the coaster aspect of GADV would be an embarrassment to all of us who call this park our home park.   

Pls six flags just do right by us this time. For the first time. In 13 years 

• Like 1

Just now, Clearvue said:

All I know is if any other park this year gets a coaster this year and it’s bigger faster and taller than whatever GADV gets I will truly count this year as a disappointment and I will be extremely mad.

Fiesta Texas is teasing the tallest something and it appears the big amphitheater surrounded by grass in the center of the park is going to be removed.

2 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

Fiesta Texas is teasing the tallest something and it appears the big amphitheater surrounded by grass in the center of the park is going to be removed.

Yea I saw.  I don’t think they have the space for a tallest and longest coaster though so I’m still sitting with flat ride for them .. but I have my doubts and my fears 

38 minutes ago, Maxxforce19 said:

I love how you added that "when they were first announced part".

I specifically added that because I don't want a ride that is very similar to a coaster that already exists at another Six Flags park. We have one major thrill coaster that is truly original here and that's it. Those additions I mentioned were all truly original at the time of their announcements.

Edited by Tower

Intamin and Mack are two pretty expensive coaster manufacturers, I am super surprised to see them teased. I’m sure that some RMC models are also expensive, depending on how big the project is. I feel like the coaster has to be one of those three manufacturers though, based on this teaser. 

23 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

Intamin and Mack are two pretty expensive coaster manufacturers, I am super surprised to see them teased. I’m sure that some RMC models are also expensive, depending on how big the project is. I feel like the coaster has to be one of those three manufacturers though, based on this teaser. 

I think the fact that coaster manufacturers were even mentioned to begin with shocked everyone completely. All I know is that the coaster has to be from one of those three manufacturers. 

1 minute ago, Tower said:

I think the fact that coaster manufacturers were even mentioned to begin with shocked everyone completely. All I know is that the coaster has to be from one of those three manufacturers. 

I really don’t like getting my hopes up for stuff like this knowing it’s Six Flags, but if I’m being honest anything less than one of these three manufacturers would be a major letdown for the Great Adventure community if they are teasing like this

1 minute ago, Tower said:

Yeah. Honestly anything out of those three manufacturers’ catalogues will greatly strengthen Great Adventure. All three manufacturers are known for usually incorporating some of the strongest ejector airtime in the industry, so we should be excited for that at least. The quality of the ride is also likely to be pretty high.

3 hours ago, Tower said:

I'm talking about the possibility of the attraction being a flat or some sort. Back in 2014 everyone was predicting a wingrider (atleast people I know) and we got the superloop instead.

Honestly I don't care what comes at this point as long as it's a good fit for a large scale park like GAdv, and I shouldn't care period because the announcement will be known be pretty much everyone a little more than two days from now.

no way, i remember it was me who started the wingrider rumor in 2014 and i literally got everyone on the hype train and we were all really about to boycott sfgadv once the news came out that we were adding a super loop.

ah, the good ol days.

3 minutes ago, MitchCaltabiano said:

no way, i remember it was me who started the wingrider rumor in 2014 and i literally got everyone on the hype train and we were all really about to boycott sfgadv once the news came out that we were adding a super loop.

ah, the good ol days.

Those were fun times. I wasn’t even a user on the site at the time but I was definitely present online during that speculation period. It seems like we’ve been waiting quite awhile for a truly groundbreaking addition, and I think 2020 will be the year we finally get it. We can only hope. 

Edited by Tower

What if it’s something like this, but 12 stories tall? It could be marketed as the tallest and fastest spinning coaster in the world, and it would be taller than the spinning coaster going to American Dream. 

1 hour ago, Gyrotron said:

What if it’s something like this, but 12 stories tall? It could be marketed as the tallest and fastest spinning coaster in the world, and it would be taller than the spinning coaster going to American Dream. 

Thats a Hard No from me .... which means that’s prob something they’re considering 

On 8/24/2019 at 5:49 PM, Six Flags Enthusiast said:

Hey all,

The 2020 attraction will be a dualing premier rides launched coaster. It will be similar in size and stature to West Coast Racers. It will indeed take place of the Seaport.

Do you still stand by this?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Njdevl9500 said:

Do you still stand by this?

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the last bonus clue... I'm like wtf was this guy talking about then lol