Jump to content
Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

    • RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
      0
    • RMC T-Rex

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

Recommended Posts

 

Quote

 

Six Flags Great Adventure to Announce Record-Breaking 2020 Addition Aug. 29

 

Hotly-debated clues and word scramble keep fans guessing

 

WHAT:

Six Flags Great Adventure and its sister parks throughout North America will announce exciting plans for the 2020 season Thursday, Aug. 29 at 5 a.m. EST.

 

Fans of the World’s Ultimate Thrill Park in Jackson, NJ have anxiously followed the park’s social media clues during the past two weeks. By Wednesday, the park will have released six riddles and a word scramble pointing to a legendary and monstrous addition. Fans have formulated numerous hypotheses, but are any correct? 

 

The unique and record-breaking addition will be announced on www.sixflags.com/greatadventure and on social media via the park’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

 

Six Flags Entertainment Inc. will release a video featuring Chairman, President and CEO Jim Reid-Anderson unveiling company-wide attractions online at www.sixflags.com  Both links with new attraction information will be live at 5 a.m. EST. Thursday, Aug. 29.


 

 

Source:  Six Flags Great Adventure 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

 

 

Source:  Six Flags Great Adventure 

The one thing that I like to here in little excerpt from Great Adventure is the word "unique" being used. Unless it was poor word choice, this gives me hope that our attraction won't just be another West Coast Racers or Maxx Force

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

 

 

Source:  Six Flags Great Adventure 

 

 

Media should know by tomorrow correct? So they can establish news releases.    Which means leaks would possibly come tomorrow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok guys. My latest theory on what we are getting.

Clue #5 stated "Slither or soar, which one do you like more. Either one can explain, but neither one's in the name"

 

Now I, like many others, instantly thought of the sit down/invert Intamin dueling coaster, as that seemingly was described perfectly by "Slither or soar".

 

But what if slither or soar wasn't referring to the ride experience. What if it was referring to the type of ride that it is.

Now, slither or soar, these are two generally very different movements that an animal can make. But, when you sort animals into a class, it gives for the opportunity for many more unique characteristics to be present in the different species of animal. Now, what ride may I be getting at, you ask? I'm sure you may have realized by now, but I am talking about the RMC Raptor.

 

A raptor is not described as one animal, but a group of certain types of animals. Some SOAR through the sky and hunt for food, and others stay lower to the ground and don't fly, in a sort of SLITHERing like movement (Correct me if I am wrong about the raptor I am not an animal guy). When the clue said "Either one can explain", it was not referring to the ride experience (though it very may well still be), it was referring to the characteristics of the animal named after the type of ride that we will be getting.

 

And thus, using this theory, we will be getting an RMC Raptor.

Edited by RD30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clearvue said:

 

 

Media should know by tomorrow correct? So they can establish news releases.    Which means leaks would possibly come tomorrow 

 

Yes. 9pm tomorrow and instructed not to release before 5am on Thursday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted this earlier but i’ll repost it in case you missed it: 

The way I see it, the listing of the manufacturers is to throw enthusiasts off. This would align with the kiddie ride and water ride part because that is most likely to throw people off. Additionally, with the seeing double portion I believe it has to do with the ride not being a clone and being original, rather than referring to a non-dueling coaster. Six flags is doing this to throw you off, try not to get fooled!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

 

Yes. 9pm tomorrow and instructed not to release before 5am on Thursday. 

 

So 9pm tomorrow someone is going to slip up somewhere 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Legendary and monstrous, unique and record-breaking addition. Wow! I bet the last teaser will be M and it’s YES RMC as people have said.

 

So is the Jersey Devil going to be the theme? I still hope it can be Wendigo. That is far scarier, and still fits the teasers.

Edited by Gyrotron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

Legendary and monstrous, unique and record-breaking addition. Wow! I bet the last teaser will be M and it’s YES RMC as people have said.

 

So is the Jersey Devil going to be the theme? I still hope it can be Wendigo. That is far scarier, and still fits the teasers.

As much as I think it could be YES RMC, I don't think the park would be that direct in literally telling us what the coaster is going to be before the actual release. It does seem quite plausible that the last letter could be M, but I feel it could also simply stand for something, like Kings Island and their "The end of the world as we know it"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it is an RMC, I wonder what the “12” teaser stood for. I hope the attraction is more than 12 stories tall. They are hyping it up to be something pretty massive.

Edited by Gyrotron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

If it is an RMC, I wonder what the “12” teaser stood for. I hope the attraction is more than 12 stories tall. They are hyping it up to be something pretty massive.

 I think if it’s RMC it could be a 12 person train on a T-Rex then. 

 I’m surprised we haven’t heard more people wanting an original hybrid/ i-box from RMC that would be pretty awesome too. 

Edited by DRU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna say the 12 stands for the 12 years it will take to complete the coaster.

Edited by RD30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also one thing to think about for the attraction coming in 2020 is the competition that they will be facing against other parks in the area. You have Hershey Park with Candymonium and their entire new themed land, which will be a huge crowd drawer for them. You also have Nick Universe at the American Dream Mall which will definitely bring in crowds due to 4 new coasters being installed there. Both of those parks are going huge for 2020, and the casual park goer would definitely be more inclined to take a trip out to one of those two parks rather than Great Adventure given the new world class attractions that are to be installed at those parks.

 

Great Adventure has to know what they are up against in 2020, as the local competition will be absolutely fierce in order to draw in park guests. They know they are going to lose many casual park goers to these new and exciting parks, and if they don't put up their own fight, they are going to lose a lot of crowds. I don't think that a Premier dueling coaster or a Maxx Force clone would help to attract guests away from the other parks. Hell, even the Intamin sit down/invert concept might not do enough. This is why I think Great Adventure has been saving up for this year, knowing that it is now or never to install a world class attraction.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, RD30 said:

Also one thing to think about for the attraction coming in 2020 is the competition that they will be facing against other parks in the area. You have Hershey Park with Candymonium and their entire new themed land, which will be a huge crowd drawer for them. You also have Nick Universe at the American Dream Mall which will definitely bring in crowds due to 4 new coasters being installed there. Both of those parks are going huge for 2020, and the casual park goer would definitely be more inclined to take a trip out to one of those two parks rather than Great Adventure given the new world class attractions that are to be installed at those parks.

 

Great Adventure has to know what they are up against in 2020, as the local competition will be absolutely fierce in order to draw in park guests. They know they are going to lose many casual park goers to these new and exciting parks, and if they don't put up their own fight, they are going to lose a lot of crowds. I don't think that a Premier dueling coaster or a Maxx Force clone would help to attract guests away from the other parks. Hell, even the Intamin sit down/invert concept might not do enough. This is why I think Great Adventure has been saving up for this year, knowing that it is now or never to install a world class attraction.

 

That’s honestly how I feel. This is probably the craziest, most hyped up teaser campaign that’s ever been done by GAdv, and possibly any Six Flags park period. This is why I believe there’s definitely a chance we’ll see something bigger than anything that has been speculated to come thus far. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In this picture, I marked the area which would fit a clone of Goliath at Six Flags Great America. There is a lot of space back there, I am excited to see how the park plans to use it.

 

Goliath.thumb.jpg.ff14bb9ca03210315fa899ea80cd1aaf.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are talking like the parks gonna get a giant coaster, don't get too hyped up.  This is Six Flags were talking about, I wouldn't be surprised if the new addition was something like a spinning coaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Coasterharrison'98 said:

You guys are talking like the parks gonna get a giant coaster, don't get too hyped up.  This is Six Flags were talking about, I wouldn't be surprised if the new addition was something like a spinning coaster.

 

By a spinning coaster do you mean something like Pandemonium or Time Traveler?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Coasterharrison'98 said:

You guys are talking like the parks gonna get a giant coaster, don't get too hyped up.  This is Six Flags were talking about, I wouldn't be surprised if the new addition was something like a spinning coaster.

If it’s anything like Time Traveler, I would be completely okay with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it is an RMC, LTSP is not where I expected it to go at all. I always thought (if we were to get an RMC), it would go in that spot near El Toro, so this is a unique change of plans. A new coaster at LTSP would be a great addition to Batman and Nitro as thrill coasters on that side of the park.

Edited by Gyrotron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just spinning a story together about what could be the new for 2020 addition. (Don't know what the addition is I'm just speculating((or spinculating)))

Edited by Coasterharrison'98

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...