Six Flags FUN!

2020 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

2020 addition  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is gonna be 2020 addition?

• RMC Raptor
    • RMC Ground Up Coaster
    • Kids Area Expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends)
    • Water Park Expansion
    • Flat Ride
    • Park Improving
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters
    • Family Ride Package
    • Animal Addition
    • RMC T-Rex

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 04:00 AM

Hopefully there's no leaks... with all this hype I'm good with waiting til tomorrow when I wake up and just watching the 2020 video straight through!

And on that note, I'm not gonna lie I'm gonna go with the minority here and agree that I would prefer a massive Steel Vengeance-esque YET ground up Goliath-esque I-BOX. That would really be legendary and monstrous and a hell of a lot of fun.

And El Toro will still be a nice non-looping woodie while the I-Box would be a nice looping hybrid! It really would be neat to have two legendary coasters like that in the same park, it would be a big hit with enthusiasts.

And also I'm with the capacity people, without a T-Rex how would a raptor perform? Probably not so good, but you know what? If we do get a raptor I'll still be happy, I'm just not so sure I'd wait an hour + for it, which would be implied with that type of capacity.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Clearvue said:

Does this forum not have a spoiler blackout like Reddit does?   If it gets leaked it’ll be posted here 100% however I’m optimistic it’ll at least be blacked out so we could view it On our own or not.  

Yes

[/.spoiler] Spoiler text here [.spoiler]

It is those spoiler tags but without the dots

-

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nitr0o said:

And also I'm with the capacity people, without a T-Rex how would a raptor perform? Probably not so good, but you know what? If we do get a raptor I'll still be happy, I'm just not so sure I'd wait an hour + for it, which would be implied with that type of capacity.

The S&S Free Spins have a capacity of 720 riders per hour, and the Raptor clones have a capacity of 600 riders per hour. 

34 minutes ago, Nitr0o said:

Hopefully there's no leaks... with all this hype I'm good with waiting til tomorrow when I wake up and just watching the 2020 video straight through!

And on that note, I'm not gonna lie I'm gonna go with the minority here and agree that I would prefer a massive Steel Vengeance-esque YET ground up Goliath-esque I-BOX. That would really be legendary and monstrous and a hell of a lot of fun.

And El Toro will still be a nice non-looping woodie while the I-Box would be a nice looping hybrid! It really would be neat to have two legendary coasters like that in the same park, it would be a big hit with enthusiasts.

I completely agree. 

Kudos to Great Adventure for an amazing teaser campaign!  

4 minutes ago, 4SeasonsOfThrills said:

twitter just changed it to 13 coasters

Yes, but it’s going to be 14 again after the new for 2020 attraction is built. 

I don't want to get spoiled. I'm staying off instagram, youtube, and this site.

Please keep all info off of the site until the official announcement is made.

-Your mod team 

• Like 6

A T-Rex would cost probably around or above $20M USD. The track is much larger than Raptors, and the layout would likely be very tall, requiring tons of steel. Plus, the trains would also be expensive. If Great Adventure forks out the money for a ground-up RMC, that would look very good for the park.

Also, I read that the Raptor clones costed around $5-7M USD. Maybe Six Flags will get a discount on the larger single rail for having worked with RMC so much in the recent past? They are essentially business partners, and it was hinted that RMC had been in discussion about the T-Rex with “interested parties” back in 2015.

Edited by Gyrotron

12 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

Here are a few T-Rex concepts that I think look amazing, and demonstrate what it is capable of.

Who thought the name “Verrückt” would be good after the horrible safety hazard of a water slide? Lmfao

• Like 1

Hello all!

Kings Island fan here. I just wanted to drop in and say that I'm super stoked as you all are about what is coming. GAdv is one of my favorite parks, so I definitely am hoping as well that the El Toro drought can finally come to an end with this addition. Its long past due that you guys getting something incredible again!

This was posted to reddit in September 2018. I wonder who the “one commitment” is to for the first T-Rex? Six Flags has done the most work with RMC thus far, since they have converted most of their wooden coasters. They also were quick to install WW:GLC, so maybe they want the bigger model too.

870D001C-933C-4BAF-B8D7-B760E77C24B6.thumb.jpeg.09f1f0538f55167d24ffb74a814288f5.jpeg

Edited by Gyrotron

2 minutes ago, Chrislovescoasters said:

You know if they decided to re-track el toro that would be great for 2020 too. The ride is a lot rougher then it was a year ago, and it's only gone downhill from there.

not happening. They just retracked some of it this year. It's fine now.

7 minutes ago, theflash said:

I know this isn’t what we’re getting, but how cool would a dark ride based on this movie be?

It would be cool until you walk 40 feet to the other joker