Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Six

Cedar Fair Additions for 2019

With Yukon Striker (Tallest, Fastest and Longest Dive Coaster) already announced earlier this morning for Canada’s Wonderland, what could the rest of the Cedar Fair chain be getting?  Some parks aren’t announcing until later this month and some are announcing this week.  This is definitely a very exciting time for enthusiasts everywhere.

Carowinds: Mack launch coaster

Cedar Point: New flat to replace Witches' Wheel, it has been surrounded by survey markers most of the season.  Wicked Twister removed to make more space for 2020 addition.

Worlds of Fun: Wicked Twister from Cedar Point replaces Boomerang.

Kings Island:  Gerstlauer Infinity coaster reuses Son of Beast station.  Invertigo is demolished.

California's Great America: large waterpark expansion

Kings Dominion: New water slide

Valleyfair: family flat ride

The rest of the parks: new grass or a new restaurant

I think Dorney is getting some kind of new ride for 2019.

For 2019 All Season Fast Lane Plus the description states: " Valid for one FAST LANE PLUS wristband per visit during the 2019 season. Bypass the regular lines on 22 rides and attractions in Dorney Park PLUS 5 attractions in Wildwater Kingdom, including SNAKE PIT! "

I'm only counting 21 rides (not including anything from Wildwater Kingdom) in the list of current rides Fast Lane works with:

https://www.dorneypark.com/tickets-passes/fast-lane

SANDUSKY, Ohio — Cedar Point on Tuesday announced a new attraction coming next summer.

The park says The Forbidden Frontier on Adventure Island opens in summer 2019.

Here is how Cedar Point describes the new attraction:

“Grab your map and prepare for a minute-by-minute real-life adventure, where you and others are challenged, questioned and pushed to the limits in both brain and brute power. Be immersed in interactive encounters with the island inhabitants, push yourself with physically active challenges that test your resourcefulness and fortitude! It’s your job to discover and uncover all that you can; to solve the mystery surrounding the Forbidden Frontier, and return to tell the tale. Every ending is different and determined by you and the secrets you unlock!”

Cedar Point says the “secrets” of the frontier will be revealed as it unlocks the adventure map; head back to the park’s website for updates and more.

The new attraction will be included in the price of admission.

Guess it's not a flat after all, kind of like Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom? 

I would have liked to have seen more parks get dark rides, especially with WinterFest and Cedar Fair not running as many outdoor rides compared to Holiday in the Park.

2019 is looking to be a strange year,  I am not excited by what is being added to Cedar Fair parks.  I am excited by the additions at Six Flags and Seaworld Entertainment in 2019.  It looks like Cedar Fair is going to make the same mistake in 2020 by spending all of the money on three parks (hyper coaster at CGA, B&M coaster at KI, and a large addition at CP).  They did a better job of spreading the money around in 2018.  I am not sure how you fix an attendance problem at most of the parks by ignoring them.

• Like 1

If the smaller parks get nothing or none of them get coasters in 2020 that will be 12 - 13 years since a new coaster was added and still operating for Michigan's Adventure, Valleyfair, Worlds of Fun and Dorney. Even for smaller parks, that's still seems like way too much time to go without a coaster addition. Do Kings Island and Cedar Point really need new coasters after so many added recently (especially Cedar Point)?

I would hate to live in an area where a park like Worlds of Fun is the only major park around and be stuck with no major additions every year and having to drive at least a few hours to get to other parks that continue to add new rides every year.

Things will probably change when EPCOT begins revving up it's revival lol (I could go on a tangent about it).