Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

Flash Sale Extended through Sept. 9

Recommended Posts

 

Quote

 

Six Flags Flash Sale Offers Guests Lowest Price of the Year through Sept. 3

 

Only Two More Days for Best Savings on 2019 Season Featuring

new Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth

 

JACKSON, N.J. ─ September 2, 2018 ─ Guests looking for unmatched thrills at an incredible family value have two more days to take advantage of the Six Flags Flash Sale. This sale, running through Labor Day weekend, features the best deal of the year — savings up to 70% off a 2019 Season Pass which also includes unlimited visits to the popular Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park festivals in 2018.

 

During the Flash Sale, guests receive a free upgrade to a Gold Combo Season Pass with every Pass purchased. Gold Combo Season Passes include admission to Six Flags Great Adventure and Hurricane Harbor, and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends. Passes can be purchased at www.sixflags.com

 

Through Sept. 3, guests can also join the Six Flags Membership program for 50% off the full Season Membership price and receive three free bonus months. Six Flags Membership includes all of the benefits of Season Pass plus over 50 additional benefits such as unlimited soft drinks, preferred parking, walk-on passes for rides, and exclusive waterpark seating. Members can also participate in Six Flags Membership Rewards, a new loyalty program that allows guests to earn valuable prizes just for riding rides, seeing shows, and having a great time at the park.

 

Earlier this week, Six Flags Great Adventure, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products on behalf of DC Entertainment, announced that it will premiere the world’s tallest pendulum ride, Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth, in 2019. Towering at a staggering 17 stories tall, this jaw-dropping, spinning disk will reach speeds up to 75 miles-per-hour as it spins and swings to breathtaking heights. Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth is expected to debut in the late spring of 2019. 

 

It will be located near the extremely popular, DC-branded attractions like Batman: The Ride, Cyborg Cyber Spin, Justice League: Battle for Metropolis and The Dark Knight Coaster.

For more information about Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth and next season at Six Flags Great Adventure, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/attractions/newfor2019

 

 

 

Source:  Six Flags Great Adventure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's dumb that in order to get the free upgrade to gold you have to go to the park by September 30. I know they do it every year but I just think it is inconvenient. I wasn't planning on going to the park this month (I don't really even have time to) but I guess i'll have no choice. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have liked to seen the deadline to process the pass go to the end of the year or before HITP begins. Or even better, the option to renew the pass online and not have to do anything if you are reusing the same season pass. I don't expect to visit the park until probably November.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good old days of either a daily ticket or a season pass was so less confusing and less frustrating.  Parks, not just Six Flags, have to be scaring some people off with all these long-term agreements and contracts for almost everything available in the park.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The park is definitely pouring most of it's energy into the membership program, giving them the best and most benefits while kind of slowly ignoring season pass holders. It's coming to the point where I feel like eventually there just really won't be any benefits for season pass holders and only if you get a membership it would be worth it. Hopefully I am wrong, because I do not plan on ever getting a membership. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't notice any lost benefits for the season pass. I will be sticking with the gold season pass as it has everything we need

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SFGadv123 said:

The park is definitely pouring most of it's energy into the membership program, giving them the best and most benefits while kind of slowly ignoring season pass holders. It's coming to the point where I feel like eventually there just really won't be any benefits for season pass holders and only if you get a membership it would be worth it. Hopefully I am wrong, because I do not plan on ever getting a membership. 

 

On the last quarterly SIX conference call Jim indicated that they are really trying hard to steer customers towards memberships, as they generally represent a much longer customer commitment, and are more profitable for the company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Matt Kaiser said:

By the way, the checkout system has been down pretty much all day, so Six Flags has extended the Flash Sale until tomorrow (Sept. 4th) at 11:59pm.

I had problems before. Luckily for me the system came back online about 40 minutes earlier than estimated. But it was going painfully slow. Transaction still went through though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to buy them today and then stop at the park to get the free parking and stuff on my way back to college since I pass it, but since the system was down I couldn't, just my luck of course. 

Edited by SFGadv123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried for a few hours to renew my families passes with no luck yesterday. We were on our way to Freehold Raceway Mall so it wasn't much of a detour to swing into the park to get it done.  We did it not knowing if they would be extending the offer. When we got there we found out that the renewal offer was only good online. so I had to pay a whopping $1 more per pass. Ok, that's no big deal but there was also a couple of other benefits to renewing over buying a new pass. one was a bring a friend free to fright fest and the other was an additional $50 worth of in park savings. that's $200 if I would take advantage of it. I'm glad I got my passes and wont make much of a deal of the additional savings but I may try to call customer service to try and get those on my pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, rj1972 said:

 

On the last quarterly SIX conference call Jim indicated that they are really trying hard to steer customers towards memberships, as they generally represent a much longer customer commitment, and are more profitable for the company.

 

For a business the membership represents steady income that's guaranteed. That helps to plan for spending and showing that steady income quarterly to investors and anyone else who matters so it makes sense. There are some pretty good benefits for switching to a membership but when I weighed those benefits to the extra cost and what I would be able to take advantage of I decided to stay with my pass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scott said:

I tried for a few hours to renew my families passes with no luck yesterday. We were on our way to Freehold Raceway Mall so it wasn't much of a detour to swing into the park to get it done.  We did it not knowing if they would be extending the offer. When we got there we found out that the renewal offer was only good online. so I had to pay a whopping $1 more per pass. Ok, that's no big deal but there was also a couple of other benefits to renewing over buying a new pass. one was a bring a friend free to fright fest and the other was an additional $50 worth of in park savings. that's $200 if I would take advantage of it. I'm glad I got my passes and wont make much of a deal of the additional savings but I may try to call customer service to try and get those on my pass.

 

You saved the $8.99 online processing fee, though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matt Kaiser said:

 

You saved the $8.99 online processing fee, though!

 

LOL good point. If only I got that far to see it and remember that was a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They extended the sale to September 9th. 

 

I still don't get why I need to go to the park by the 30th to get a free upgrade to gold. What if I lived in another state or something and come to NJ for the summer and wanted to take advantage of that deal? I mean I guess they do it just for that reason so the people getting the free upgrade they know are loyal customers who go to the park regularly, but I think the fact that I already have a season pass shows that I attend often anyway. Just doesn't make sense to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SFGadv123 said:

They extended the sale to September 9th. 

 

I still don't get why I need to go to the park by the 30th to get a free upgrade to gold. What if I lived in another state or something and come to NJ for the summer and wanted to take advantage of that deal? I mean I guess they do it just for that reason so the people getting the free upgrade they know are loyal customers who go to the park regularly, but I think the fact that I already have a season pass shows that I attend often anyway. Just doesn't make sense to me. 

 

It's to make you go to the park possibly an extra time, and hopefully spend money. And if you don't... then you'll have to pay to upgrade to Gold.

Edited by Matt Kaiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Holy crow, the options, fine print, and instructions on the Six Flags website have to be some of the most confusing out there.  What makes things even more confusing is that some options appear to be for only season passes and some only to memberships but if you forget that (or don't know that), it is easy to make a mistake.

 

That is what I think I just did.  I have a Diamond Elite Membership and just bought the 2019 Deluxe Dining Plan (which is upgraded to Premium) for $85.  I am hoping I bought the right thing because the confirmation screen said to buy a membership dining plan and save even more.  Nice to know that so late in the game.

 

Did anyone with a membership buy a 2019 dining plan?  How screwed am I?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

 

Holy crow, the options, fine print, and instructions on the Six Flags website have to be some of the most confusing out there.  What makes things even more confusing is that some options appear to be for only season passes and some only to memberships but if you forget that (or don't know that), it is easy to make a mistake.

 

That is what I think I just did.  I have a Diamond Elite Membership and just bought the 2019 Deluxe Dining Plan (which is upgraded to Premium) for $85.  I am hoping I bought the right thing because the confirmation screen said to buy a membership dining plan and save even more.  Nice to know that so late in the game.

 

Did anyone with a membership buy a 2019 dining plan?  How screwed am I?

 

You can add a 2019 Season Dining Plan to your membership, but it's actually more expensive for Diamond Elite.
The Deluxe Dining Membership price for Diamond Elite Members is only $4.70 per month, which is only $56.40 per year.

 

However, while you did spend more money, you've successfully delayed the headache of trying to add a Dining Membership onto your existing Membership! Doing so would actually require you to cancel your existing membership and start a brand new membership, thus restarting the 12-month commitment contract.

 

How many people are you buying memberships for? This will affect what the best course of action since when you do eventually add a Dining Membership and restart your Membership, you'll have to get whatever the current deal is at that time. And normally the deal is that you must buy 2 or more memberships to get the lowest advertised price. So you may have to choose between overlap paying for Dining twice for a few months (since your pass would still be active), or paying a higher monthly membership fee.

 

Have a Six Flags day.

Edited by Matt Kaiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have my diamond elite membership which I started in the spring when they went on sale.  At the time I had them transfer my 2018 dining pass to my membership which is good for the rest of this season.

 

Tonight I bought the 2019 Premium Dining Pass (for $85) with the intention of getting it applied to my DE membership.  Can that be done?  Easily?  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got the season pass just to keepmthings simple and save money. 

 

Question, isn't the chain taking a greater risk with memberships since a customer can just decide to cancel future payments and SF is left with only a portion ov their forecasted cashflow stream? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Tonight I bought the 2019 Premium Dining Pass (for $85) with the intention of getting it applied to my DE membership.  Can that be done?  Easily?  

 

 

Yes, they can add a Season Dining Pass on easily without having to cancel like the Dining Membership add-on.

 

 

7 hours ago, The Master said:

Question, isn't the chain taking a greater risk with memberships since a customer can just decide to cancel future payments and SF is left with only a portion ov their forecasted cashflow stream? 

 

Well there is a $20 security deposit on each membership, so they'd probably deactivate the membership before they lose what they would have gotten. Then if it's within the 12-month commitment, the rest of the 12 months would go to collections.

Edited by Matt Kaiser
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went ahead and got the Gold Membership.  Haven't been to the park in a while, but now there are too many things there I want to do, and living only 45 minutes away, I can go as much as I want!  It really isn't a bad deal at all, looks like you get quite a good amount of benefits from it, and after a few visits, to me, will probably pay for itself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matt Kaiser said:

 

Gold Plus*, assuming you got a membership.

Yes, you are correct!  My apologies.  I'm new to having a membership to a park!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2018 at 9:27 AM, scott said:

 

For a business the membership represents steady income that's guaranteed. That helps to plan for spending and showing that steady income quarterly to investors and anyone else who matters so it makes sense. There are some pretty good benefits for switching to a membership but when I weighed those benefits to the extra cost and what I would be able to take advantage of I decided to stay with my pass. 

 

I’m looking forward to the next quarterly conference call to see how the conversion is going to memberships. From a purely subjective standpoint, I am seeing quite a few people sporting their membership lanyards, as if they just received their shiny new black American Express Centurion cards. I think the lanyards was a great marketing idea.

 

My my only concern is Six’s offering of four different memberships, as well as the traditional season pass. Too many options can confuse the consumer. I also don’t like that they priced Diamond and Diamond Elite so low. I feel that Gold and Platinum are priced relatively well, but they could have demanded a much greater premium for the two Diamond memberships. These are monthly payment plans, which lessens the blow for customers wanting to aspire to something greater. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...