Sign in to follow this  
Yoshi

Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country USA Adding Finnegan’s Flyer Screamin' Swing and Cutback Water Coaster

https://buschgardens.com/williamsburg/media-room/press-releases/090518-new-attractions/

WILLIAMSBURG, Virginia (Sept. 5, 2018) – Today, Busch Gardens® Williamsburg and Water Country USA® revealed exciting details about two new thrill attractions set to open in spring 2019. Busch Gardens will unveil a Screamin’ Swing ride called Finnegan’s Flyer™ and Water Country USA will debut Cutback Water Coaster™, Virginia’s first hybrid water coaster.

I can’t say I am wild about the placement of the ride.  I get why it was placed there but it takes away from the entrance to the area.  Maybe if they move or enhance the land’s portal by bringing it to the opposite side of the bridge.  

Finnegans+Flyer+Concept.jpg

I watched the Livestream and when they played Finnegan’s Wake, I got thrown off even though there was another clue of him on a swing. Especially since the song is about a guy's funeral (beside the point).

On 9/6/2018 at 5:32 PM, Pineracer said:

I watched the Livestream and when they played Finnegan’s Wake, I got thrown off even though there was another clue of him on a swing. Especially since the song is about a guy's funeral (beside the point).

But ... he's not.  That's (part of) what makes the song funny.  

The idea of the song has always been a play on words: Finnegan's Wake = Finn's again (a)wake 

The idea of a wake was originally to assure someone was really dead before they buried them. I wouldn't read anything into the name other than being a traditional Irish name.