Six Flags FUN!

Six Flags Great Adventure 2020 Addition Poll

RMC T-Rex for Great Adventure 2020 or 2021?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What Great Adventure will get 2020 addition?

• Bugs Bunny Boomtown/DC Super Friends area
    • Premier Rides dueling launch coaster (just like SFMM's West Coast Racers)
    • RMC Raptor
    • RMC T-Rex
    • GCI Wooden Coaster
    • Family Ride Package
    • Park Improving
    • Hurricane Harbor Expansion / Animal Addition
    • S&S Launch Coaster
    • New Shows
    • Skywarp Eclipse

Plaza and Golden Kingdom deserve an expansion, maybe a family ride (Gen 2 enterprise called El Sombrero) and a Horizon (Twisted Dragons).

More shows... Quality shows

I just don’t think shows are something SF should invest in. The park is counting on repeat customers with there season pass base. How many times is one going to see a show? Once, maybe twice for the season. By mid season the shows will be playing in front of a lot of empty seats. 

^The  question is how many people are they alienating by not having shows?   Large segments of the population in general including young,  old, and families may opt for a place that has entertainment in addition to rides. Not every person who potentially visits is a roller coaster or thrill ride fan.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Njdevl9500 said:

I just don’t think shows are something SF should invest in. The park is counting on repeat customers with there season pass base. How many times is one going to see a show? Once, maybe twice for the season. By mid season the shows will be playing in front of a lot of empty seats. 

How many times is one going to ride a roller coaster? Or eat Flags' Famous Chicken Strips?

• Like 2

^^Guess the way I’m looking at it is when a ride has low ridership and it has a hefty budget to operate the attraction is removed. I.E. Rolling Thunder and Chiller. A show like Batman stunt show with live actors, cars, bikes and pyrotechnics I’m sure had a hefty budget. If anyone remembers that show went off 3 or four times a day with a few hundred people in the stands. A coaster is moving more people in a hour then that show played to in a day. Sure, their are people that want to see a show. I just don’t think it’s something SF should throw money at. 

• Like 1

Guys we don't know yet what kind we will get a new coaster for 2020 since 2006's El Toro. So my bet is between Premier Rides dueling launch coasters, S&S Launch Coaster or RMC T-Rex because according to RMC, RMC T-Rex will begin in 2020 and the park will have it in 2020 or 2021...but Premier Rides dueling launch coasters would do it for 2020 if RMC T-Rex didn't happen in 2020 at Great Adventure. What are you think guys?

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

On 10/19/2018 at 10:58 AM, Six Flags FUN! said:

Guys we don't know yet what kind we will get a new coaster for 2020 since 2006's El Toro. So my bet is between Premier Rides dueling launch coasters, S&S Launch Coaster or RMC T-Rex because according to RMC, RMC T-Rex will begin in 2020 and the park will have it in 2020 or 2021...but Premier Rides dueling launch coasters would do it for 2020 if RMC T-Rex didn't happen in 2020 at Great Adventure. What are you think guys?

Who said 2020 was a coaster?

• Like 1

I'm inclined to believe that next year will be big for children's area updates. General upkeep and improvements to the park would be great, too. I would place a new coaster to come to the park sometime between 2021-2023 for sure, maybe in the back half of Adventure Seaport, Golden Kingdom or Metropolis.

• Like 1

I chose a T-Rex. Um, Because it may have been mentioned here that we will for sure be getting one.

On 10/24/2018 at 12:25 PM, Tbone112499 said:

I'm inclined to believe that next year will be big for children's area updates. General upkeep and improvements to the park would be great, too. I would place a new coaster to come to the park sometime between 2021-2023 for sure, maybe in the back half of Adventure Seaport, Golden Kingdom or Metropolis.

For Back half of Seaport, I was thinking of moving Road Runner to Bugs Bunny National Park (relocate Taz Tornado too and rename it Bugs Bunny Boomtown). Build a Jr Invert themed to Supergirl in the former splash pad space (Bugs Bunny Barnstormer becomes Scarecrow's Barnstormer, new Frog Hopper called Superman: Tower of Power, There are a lot of rides in Safari Kids you can retheme into the Bat Copters, the Tea Cups could go by Harleyquinn Spinsanity).

In Harry's idea of Superman loosing it's theming for a generic one to fit Boardwalk better, I was thinking of giving it to Nitro (Congo Rapids becomes Penguin's Blizzard River), but I don't see that happening (more for the sake of the GP than anything).

im thinking about using the pinball parlor into a queue line for a rmc raptor that fits with adventure alley theme

Edited by harry2004