Sign in to follow this  
Timoteo47

The closure and fencing off of the old Country

One of the most creepy and eerie things i have personally found out about the Park the history of the closing of the old Country. When i was a boy i went to Six flags and enjoyed rides in that area to forget about them instead opting to ride other rides (i was tall enough for all the coasters) to while years later i come to realize those old rides were abandoned for years. When i was not thinking about the rides they were sitting completely abandoned.  The line and building of Batman and Robin the Chiller remained up, closed gift shops and soda stands remained up. The Musik express and Autobahn were still abandoned and the area was blocked off by a fence to which i saw videos and photos online of the decayed state of things heck even the Batman stunt arena remained up (possible still even up).

The reason i bring this up is want to know with insiders on the at least creepy 5 to 6 years were they were outright abandoned and the place became a ghost town. Anyone who worked at the park or just knows about the info is appreciated and also is there still creepy parts of it fenced off or did they completely do away with it?

they reopen the walkway, but they demolished the old country theming as well as for musik express and autobahn, and reports that lot well be used for future expansion of the near by dc area

Thank you for the response here but with the demolition of the Autobahn isn't that where the fire of 84 was? are they building on that land? is it now a empty lot or even a unrelated garden (like i heard and saw as a kid).

cyborg use the left side of autobahn while a landscaping area took over the right side of autobahn, and yes it use to be the site of haunted castle but it got burned down and replaced with a garden that lasted until 1993 when they demolished the garden and replace it with autobahn with the creation of old country in 1994