Medusa42

Six Flags Additions for 2020 (Not Great Adventure)

Hey guys, guess SFOT is getting next year for replacing Aquaman.

2020 - Mack PowerSplash - Rumor - (3/28/19) I heard an interesting rumor about what could possibly replace Aquaman at Six Flags over Texas in 2020… and if true, the good news is that this would be considered both a new coaster and a water ride. I also wouldn’t be surprised if this new attraction also attempted to carry the Aquaman name once again, but taking the form of a Mack PowerSplash attraction. Adding to the rumor is the fact that Six Flags was asking guests about this very attraction concept in a guest survey not long ago.
    The Mack PowerSplash is really a launched shuttle coaster with a spike on each end, built to ride just above a body of water, and dip into a “splashdown” section which is flooded with extra water just before the boat arrived to create the classic “big splash” moment. The attraction system also features a turntable at the station to allow for one boat to load while the other runs through the course.
    Check out the video from Mack featuring the first PowerSplash ride called Pulsar that opened at Walbii Belgium in 2016 below.

^There are some problems with this idea that make me skeptical that a Mack Powersplash will fit in that space at SFOT.  It's a really tight fit and Daffy Duck Bucket Blaster's would need to be removed.  I am not sure how much water space would be required to make this ride work (the train tracks are really close on one side) and it seems like the train and train tracks would be splashed by the ride on a regular basis.  This ride might be possible if the Pandemonium coaster is relocated to another park in order to free up more space.  I wish more people would learn how to measure things in Google Earth and that they would realize that a Mack PowerSplash has a footprint that is about 530 ft. long.

7WJDoIE.png

unless they move the bucket blasters to gotham city and rename it to the penguin

Edited by harry2004
  • Like 1

Great Escape could benefit from Pandamonium or Gotham City Gauntlet, especially since i've heard bobsled has barely operated in recent years. Could relocate the bobsled back to Great Adventure into Plaza as La Vibora lol (note the "lol").

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pineracer said:

Great Escape could benefit from Pandamonium or Gotham City Gauntlet, especially since i've heard bobsled has barely operated in recent years. Could relocate the bobsled back to Great Adventure into Plaza as La Vibora lol (note the "lol").

I agree, one of these Pandemonium clones would be a great fit for a park like Great Escape or Frontier City.  I figure the one at Fiesta Texas is going to become available eventually because it is blocking off a large chunk of undeveloped land.  The one at Over Texas might be available if the park is getting a Mack PowerSplash.  Great Escape said they are make improvements to Alpine Bobsled this year, so it should be running more often.

5 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

I agree, one of these Pandemonium clones would be a great fit for a park like Great Escape or Frontier City.  I figure the one at Fiesta Texas is going to become available eventually because it is blocking off a large chunk of undeveloped land.  The one at Over Texas might be available if the park is getting a Mack PowerSplash.  Great Escape said they are make improvements to Alpine Bobsled this year, so it should be running more often.

As you know if Magic Mountain gets Mack PowerSplash too to replace Tidal Wave?

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

2 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

As you know if Magic Mountain gets Mack PowerSplash too to replace Tidal Wave?

I can actually see Magic Mountain replacing their Tidal Wave

This must have been the reason Six Flags didn't build more Proslide RocketBlast water coasters.  Hopefully they build a few more in 2020 now that the ride is more efficient.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TexasThrillSeekers/permalink/2029867620473798/

Jeffrey Siebert

53 mins
Huge thanks to Proslide, our maintenance team, and our aquatics team for commissioning a new innovative water coaster blaster nozzle design that offers big thrills while saving water and electricity! Great job Team! #SFFT2019

2020 - New Attraction - Speculation - (4/6/19) An early rumor has surfaced regarding a 2020 attraction in talks for Six Flags Magic Mountain. If the rumors are true, the park may be planning on what will become ‘the world’s largest Star Flyer’ attraction. Currently, I believe that distinction goes to the Orlando Star Flyer that opened last year at 450 feet. Location wise, it seems they may want this one to be very visible outside the park, so it could be located where the current “Pistachio Park” is located, which I believe was formerly the Swiss/Sierra Twist ride location from 1973-2008 before it was removed.
    Of course, this is Six Flags, and new rides are always subject to change before the final announcements come in August, but so far Six Flags has been on a roll with adding these style rides to nearly ever park in the chain thus far, even dropping one into the newly rebranded Six Flags Darien Lake for this season. I believe the only Six Flags branded parks without one thus far are Six Flags Great America and Six Flags Magic Mountain.

1 hour ago, DropDeadFuzy said:

Six Flags discovery Kingdom has begun demolition on a dolphin pool in their DC Universe section. 

You mean the one across from Big Belly Burger and next to The Penguin? I just noticed that the pool is missing from the height restriction map of the park on the Batman project plan that was submitted to the Vallejo Planning Board (page 176 of the following document).

http://vallejo.hosted.civiclive.com/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=14936427

It looks like there is currently a 25 ft. tall height restriction in that area.  A Chance Rides Freestyle has a max height of 22 ft. 3 in. and a 48 ft. footprint without the queue.

https://www.chancerides.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/freestyle_park_specsheet.pdf

Edited by Medusa42

1 hour ago, Medusa42 said:

You mean the one across from Big Belly Burger and next to The Penguin? I just noticed that the pool is missing from the height restriction map of the park on the Batman project plan that was submitted to the Vallejo Planning Board (page 176 of the following document).

http://vallejo.hosted.civiclive.com/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=14936427

It looks like there is currently a 25 ft. tall height restriction in that area.  A Chance Rides Freestyle has a max height of 22 ft. 3 in. and a 48 ft. footprint without the queue.

https://www.chancerides.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/freestyle_park_specsheet.pdf

And on that map it said new ride in its spot. It is possible tho that they change the height waiver like they did for Batman. 

Educated Guess: Green Lantern: First Flight and Sasquatch were going to be relocated to Dubai. Since that park has been otherwise cancelled, and Darien Lake and Frontier City re-acquired, 2020 will be very different. The family coaster next to the Starflyer and the flats would be taken by Motiongate and Bollywood Park.

Magic Mountain: 450ft tall starflyer (Supergirl), replaces Green Lantern

Frontier City+Great America: 225ft starflyer (Skyscreamer), one would have been intended for SF Dubai

Darien Lake: Free Fly (Batman the Ride), Ride of Steel gets original name back, Lasso becomes Wonder Women: Lasso of Truth, Scambler becomes Harleyquinn Spinsanity, Boomarang becomes Two-Face: the Flip Side, Predator becomes The Joker

New England: Gen 2 Enterprise (Supergirl, replaces Krytonite Collider), Mat Racer or more food options in HH

Over Texas: Mack Power Splash, intended for Dubai

Great Escape: Skyscreamer (replaces Condor)

St. Louis: RMC Raptor (Wonder Women) or Free-Fly (Two-Face)

Over Georgia: Free Fly (Two-Face: the Flipside)

La Ronde: Total Mayhem (Green Lantern: First Flight)

America: Zamperla Discovery (Two-Face: The Flip Side), focus on general improvements

Discovery Kingdom: Gen 2 Enterprise (Catwomen's Whip)

Fiesta Texas: First of its kind ride, probably

Mexico: Super Loop (El Diablo)

*Great Adventure* El Sombrero (Kryptonite Collider) in El Diablo's spot, Bizzaro is reverted back to Medusa, the RMC intended for Dubai  

1 hour ago, Pineracer said:

Educated Guess: Green Lantern: First Flight and Sasquatch were going to be relocated to Dubai. Since that park has been otherwise cancelled, and Darien Lake and Frontier City re-acquired, 2020 will be very different. The family coaster next to the Starflyer and the flats would be taken by Motiongate and Bollywood Park.

Magic Mountain: 450ft tall starflyer (Supergirl), replaces Green Lantern

Frontier City+Great America: 225ft starflyer (Skyscreamer), one would have been intended for SF Dubai

Darien Lake: Free Fly (Batman the Ride), Ride of Steel gets original name back, Lasso becomes Wonder Women: Lasso of Truth, Scambler becomes Harleyquinn Spinsanity, Boomarang becomes Two-Face: the Flip Side, Predator becomes The Joker

New England: Gen 2 Enterprise (Supergirl, replaces Krytonite Collider), Mat Racer or more food options in HH

Over Texas: Mack Power Splash, intended for Dubai

Great Escape: Skyscreamer (replaces Condor)

St. Louis: RMC Raptor (Wonder Women) or Free-Fly (Two-Face)

Over Georgia: Free Fly (Two-Face: the Flipside)

La Ronde: Total Mayhem (Green Lantern: First Flight)

America: Zamperla Discovery (Two-Face: The Flip Side), focus on general improvements

Discovery Kingdom: Gen 2 Enterprise (Catwomen's Whip)

Fiesta Texas: First of its kind ride, probably

Mexico: Super Loop (El Diablo)

*Great Adventure* El Sombrero (Kryptonite Collider) in El Diablo's spot, Bizzaro is reverted back to Medusa, the RMC intended for Dubai  

For last time, Great Adventure is NOT getting another wooden coaster. A customized Raptor would be perfect because if Tallest, Fast, Steel rumor is very true.

RMC Ground-Up coaster is NOT Tallest, Steel, Fast. Medium-sized Raptor could be Tallest, Fast, Steel coaster for Great Adventure. So RMC Ground Up coaster could be for SF St. Louis or Six Flags Darien Lake instead. As for RMC Raptor if we getting for Great Adventure. It will probably themed to Shazam!.

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

1 hour ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

For last time, Great Adventure is NOT getting another wooden coaster. A customized Raptor would be perfect because if Tallest, Fast, Steel rumor is very true.

RMC Ground-Up coaster is NOT Tallest, Steel, Fast. Medium-sized Raptor could be Tallest, Fast, Steel coaster for Great Adventure. So RMC Ground Up coaster could be for SF St. Louis or Six Flags Darien Lake instead. As for RMC Raptor if we getting for Great Adventure. It will probably themed to Shazam!.

What evidence do you have it's an RMC single rail coaster instead of ground up? we only know big and steel, they could do a ground up with I-box track (since they haven't done it, it doesn't mean they never will)

3 minutes ago, Pineracer said:

What evidence do you have it's an RMC single rail coaster instead of ground up? we only know big and steel, they could do a ground up with I-box track (since they haven't done it, it doesn't mean they never will)

^ Tsk tsk. Single rail coaster way easier than ground up. Even Darien Lake can have ground up coaster if they want to....Great Adventure might getting single rail coaster instead next year, there was survey about single rail coaster for the park last year. I hope so...

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

6 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Those are some bold statements.  Unfortunately, you have zero evidence to back up your claims.  Having an opinion is one thing, but repeatedly saying it and passing it along as a fact is another.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I would love a Shazam themed coaster but I don't think we should act like we are definitely getting a Raptor or T-Rex, we'll see what happens in September when the new rides are unveiled. 

15 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Maybe, but this topic is specifically for six flags parks OTHER THAN great adventure. 

On 4/9/2019 at 7:12 AM, Six Flags FUN! said:

Plz stop posting about SFGADV in this thread

On 4/9/2019 at 10:12 AM, Six Flags FUN! said:

Once again youre posting nonsense about GA in a NON Great Adventure thread. So i can not understand why, after repeatedly not following the rules, as well as everyone telling you to stop, youre still posting this stuff. Perhaps the mods need step in with warnings, etc ? 

• Like 3

On 4/9/2019 at 10:12 AM, Six Flags FUN! said:

For last time, Great Adventure is NOT getting another wooden coaster.

For the last time, ehhh?  Good, maybe now you'll give the rest of us some peace and stop posting the same baseless, pointless speculation you've been trying to pass off as rumor for two years now.  Seriously, give it a rest.  Your posts are making this forum extremely unpleasant to read. 

• Like 1

I could see Six Flags New England get a launch coaster. It could replace Goliath and Flashback. This is because Goliath is closed because of Technical issues, and Flashback is outdated. Just look at the station.Image result for flashback six flags new england

*Sorry about the picture being older. This is the only one I could find. The only thing that changed was the color scheme. But they still have the metal cages! 

Anyway, I think a roller coaster similar to max force could fit, or, I heard a rumor that Full Throttle was supposed to be a clone, and it would go to Six Flags new England.

Let me know what you think!😁

^ I think SFNE is going to get another flat ride in 2020, possibly a Zamperla Endeavour. I heard SFGAm is spending more than $15 million but less than $20 million on Maxx Force.  That might be a bit too expensive for a SFNE addition, but I think the park will get some sort of launch coaster in the next few years.  Full Throttle would be difficult to clone due to the elevation change on the mountain.