• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   10/07/2017

GAcoaster

Welcome Past & Present Safari Team Members!

Well Good Luck..how old are you an have you worked for the park before?

Im 21 and yes i have, Frightfest for 2011,'12 and '13, And inside the park(at the shows) for 2012 and '13.

Have you applied to work in the Safari?

Yes, i sent in my resume and everything to who it needed to be sent in, and was told to go to auditions which was last saturday, so now I'm just waiting to hear back.

Most of us carried Remington 870 pump shotguns. As for training it took me a while to get Bucth to ok some training. If I remember correctly we got 3 shots each!

The 1st photo is Luc Sudiut (lion 5)

Yes Randy there are no photos, if you need any help uploading let One of us moderators or Harry know, we will gladly help!

I have! I didn't get into training but I am a tour guide which is a start. Have to start somewhere! Last year for auditions I was really nervous and didn't make it through which I was fine with. This year I knew what to expect and it was an easier audition which also helped and had the job offer that day!

The bearded warden in the first pic is Luc Suduit He was Lion 5,after Gary. Thomas Armstrong was the elephant trainer. He came from Ringling Bros.

Another name to bring up is Brian Vidor. He is Out in California and owns two resturaunts at Santa Monica airport.. I have not talked to him since 1977 when we opened a safari in Japan. I will see if I can contact him. I saw Patty Myers in north NJ back in the 80's or 90's. She was living in the same town where I worked. Have not seen her since. I'll try to come up with some more names if I can.

Jake, we just heard from Brian Vidor and he has requested that I send you his email. I will do that tonight.

We would love to hear any stories you and Brian have about the early days in the Safari. He has sent some photos our way which we are thrilled to share.

• Like 1

Those are Great pictures .. cant remember the guy to the left with Jake, Charlie and David.

Gary I think that is Stevie(we all called him Trip)2nd lions

• Like 1

Hi Gary!  The Safari side has been slow - where have you been!  About a month ago we added almost 100 photos of the Safari in 1974.  Did you see the elephant photos?  It looks like a lot of them were very young when the park opened.  Several rhino photos too.

EB Safari JUL74 0057 copy

EB Safari JUL74 0006 copy

EB Safari JUL74 0005 copy