• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

GAH's Where in the DARK?

GreatAdventureHistory.com is proud to introduce our second contest:

WITDBanner.jpg

Submit your entry by the end of the day on June 15th, 2008 and you could be the proud winner of a GreatAdventureHistory.com Grab Bag containing items of Great Adventure memorabilia ranging from 1974 to 2008.

Visit the Where in the Dark? contest page for all the information and rules about the game.

We hope you enjoy the contest and good luck!

People were looking at me like I was crazy all morning today, while I was taking pictures of lights around the park. Thank's alot guys. I better win to make it worth it. :Mickeymorph:

This is gonna be another tough one, but also a lot of fun. I know a few I have seen already and now it's time to kick it into gear :)

We always get stange looks too when we take pictures of odd things around the park!

FYI, answers to the contest can simply be a description of the location of the fixtures- photos of them are not required. Besides, like it says on the contest some of the pictures aren't from this season so those may be hard to find! ;)

I know, I was just taking alot of random light fixture shots to compare them to the list. And I got quite a few. :Mickeymorph:

I have a feeling I will be doing the same thing this weekend to try and get as much as I can. I can remember last year taking pictures of some things such as The Chiller coming down and a few others where people would really just stop and stare to figure what we were trying to get shots of.

I guarantee I will do as bad as this, as I did with Where in the Park!

If the weather is nice I might run back to the park to take shot's of the side of the park that i didn't cover today. And see if my phone survived the fall off of El Toro, if they found it.

There's only about a week left for you to "see the light" and submit your answers for GreatAdventureHistory.com's second contest "Where in the Dark?".

The Grand Prize Winner will receive a wide assortment of historical Great Adventure memorabilia similar to the items pictures here (actual contents may vary).

So head to the park and head for the light! Deadline for entries is Sunday June 15th.

TimeCapsule_small.jpg

You will be receiving my entry within the next few days finally got the time to really focus on it! Good Luck to everyone else as well :)

The anticipation is killing me. Tell me I lost so I can get on with my life already. :cursing:

Crud I missed the dealine on this one... I have terrible memory issues with these deadlines and I even spent time at the park Saturday checking out which ones I could recognize :(

I ended up with 41 of them (As long as they are all right) Anyone got me beat? And if any one from the GAHistory team read's this, Can you post the location of them all after you announce the winner? I would love to know where the one's I didn't get were. *R*

Edited by Railer

The staff of GreatAdventureHistory.com is proud to announce that the winner of our second GAH Contest is ........

Railer !!!

With over 40 correct answers, Rich is now the proud owner of a GreatAdventureHistory.com Grab Bag similar to the one below.

TimeCapsule_small.jpg

To see the all the answers to the "Where in the Dark?" contest, click on the link below for a video presentation of where the various light fixtures can be found.

Where in the Dark? Photos and Answers Link

gallery_2_28_50775.jpg

Congratulations Railer - we'll contact you shortly to arrange delivery of your prize!

First of all, i'd like to thank the Academy (Just Kidding) I do want to say thank you to Harry and Tom and the rest of the staff at GAHistory for giving the members of this site the opportunity to do something like this. It was pretty fun, and it did get me to notice a few thing's around the park I haven't noticed before. Thing's like the contests on this site are what set's this place quite a few bars above the rest of the park sites out there, and not just GA sites either. I wasn't a member yet for the first contest and I missed it, so I was really looking forward to this one. Thank's again guy's and I can't wait till' Fall for the next one, We have something other than Frightfest to look forward to this year. :clap: Rich P.

It is amazing how many different types of fixtures there are around the park. We could have easily made the contest 100 questions!

Until we put it together I never spotted this fixture:

Slide29.JPG

^ Is it Fall already?

Our next contest is a "Where is this tree?" contest. We show you 25 photos of trees around the park and you need to identify where they are located. The trick is that it also includes the trees in the Safari Park so you'll need to cover a lot of ground to get the correct answers. Just kidding! :P

Details are still being worked on for our next contest. We don't have it nailed down on the schedule yet. We will keep everyone posted.