29yrswithaGApass

Six Flags' Future Hotel Survey

Did anyone get the Six Flags survey about building a hotel at the park?  Of course, like all their surveys, ideas may or may not happen and can be for any/all/none of the their parks.

My survey asked about the likelihood I would spend a night at their hotel if built at Six Flags Great Adventure.  It included the following images.

I would LOVE to see a hotel built at Great Adventure!

safarifacade.jpg

southlobby.jpg

safariroom.jpg

kinda reminds me of Best of the West. And yes I would seeing how the park is really a multi day event.

^ Maybe between next year, 2021 or 2022 maybe they will announced new Six Flags Hotel with themed rooms like Looney Tunes and DC Comics, indoor waterpark and more. I think Great Adventure MIGHT start open year round in next year or 2021 just like SFMM and SFFT.

• Like 1

They might be a bit late with the two hotels being built down the street.  I think a hotel only makes sense if it can attract people all year, so it would need something like an indoor waterpark or indoor ski slope.  The cost to build a new Great Wolf Lodge resort is in the range of $160-300 million depending on the location.  That seems too expensive for Six Flags unless they have a partner.  Based on the animal theme,  I was thinking a hotel could be near the safari.  Then I noticed the palm trees and started thinking of Discovery Kingdom.

I know the current management has explored the idea of hotels at Magic Mountain and Hurricane Harbor Oaxtepec.

13 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

They might be a bit late with the two hotels being built down the street.  I think a hotel only makes sense if it can attract people all year, so it would need something like an indoor waterpark or indoor ski slope.  The cost to build a new Great Wolf Lodge resort is in the range of $160-300 million depending on the location.  That seems too expensive for Six Flags unless they have a partner.  Based on the animal theme,  I was thinking a hotel could be near the safari.  Then I noticed the palm trees and started thinking of Discovery Kingdom.

I know the current management has explored the idea of hotels at Magic Mountain and Hurricane Harbor Oaxtepec.

Cedar Fair seems to be working with existing chains for Carowinds (and I think Canada's Wonderland as well, not sure). Maybe SF should go down that road.

It's so funny they might finally do this, only after ground has already been broken just up the street for a hotel. For years there were no hotels in the area for miles and now there may be two or three within walking distance of each other...

I got the survey today. As much as I would like to stay at a hotel on site maybe once or twice a year, the suggested $249.99 price is way more than I would be willing to pay especially if the other hotels being built nearby are less money.

Interesting they are asking about different prices. For $149.99, I'd be more likely to want to stay there. With the $149.99 price did the survey also mention extras included? Lunch and dinner at the park, 2 skip the line passes (5 for Magic Mountain, I got asked about hotels at both parks), and a breakfast buffet were the 3 extra choices. I'd rather save $100 a night and not have any of those extras if they were only with the $249.99 price.

They did also ask about the special offers to go along with that price including skip the line passes and a $50 in-park spending certificate.  

A $50 certificate seems like a really good deal with the $149.99 price.

I think the fact that Six Flags sending out surveys concerning adding in a hotel is very interesting. (I do know these are sent with regards of all of their theme parks, but this will be talking about GAdv). With it involving Six Flags Great Adventure, I know that there is Adventure Crossing under construction, and Trophy Park in planning stages, but I think that it would be interesting if GAdv got its own hotel. I know the park almost received one in the early 2000s, so hopefully the survey will get good feedback and they’ll receive one of their own SIX FLAGS Official Hotels, as I think it would do really well. Also considering the fact that it’s located between two very large cities, Philadelphia and New York City, could furthermore help turn Six Flags Great Adventure into a Multi-Day getaway!

6 hours ago, Yoshi said:

I got the survey today. As much as I would like to stay at a hotel on site maybe once or twice a year, the suggested $249.99 price is way more than I would be willing to pay especially if the other hotels being built nearby are less money.

The one I got also had the $249.99 price-but for SFA as well as Great Adv..I said it would be out of my price range for both because-A:SFA is my home park(I live very close!) and B:I've been to Great Adv./NJ enough to know what I'm getting into.

Hopefully SF puts some serious thinking /planning into the hotels,and by that I mean they either lease out space to a chain(like Great Wolf)or be like Carowinds and buy into a franchise.

Also,when I took the survey I said that the hotels should appeal to both registered guests(by having special incentives like early entry) and non-guests(like restaurants/nightclubs that nearby residents would/could go to),  

The survey I got was $49.99 a night. That would be a damn good deal lol

Edited by SFGadv123

1 hour ago, SFGadv123 said:

In the Loop's also said $49

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SFGadv123 said:

Usually, if a hotel is priced that cheap, they’re skimping on something. 

23 minutes ago, Zash said:

Usually, if a hotel is priced that cheap, they’re skimping on something everything.

You're welcome.

11 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Or charging by the hour!

This reminds me of the early years of Nintendo.  It's amazing they transformed into a kid friendly company.

Will it still be next to Kingda Ka? I could never quite imagine that being a good spot with how loud the launches are.

The Hurricane Harbor overflow grass lots would make the most sense to me. 

Maybe this is a stretch but like inside of nitro’s bend over by the lake I feel would be such a sweet location for a hotel with the view of the lake or nitro right around and Laos being right near the kids area. I know this is much less likely than something like hurricane harbor overflow lot but I just think it would be rly cool and rly change the whole feel of the part of the park.

On 6/24/2019 at 9:10 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Did anyone get the Six Flags survey about building a hotel at the park?  Of course, like all their surveys, ideas may or may not happen and can be for any/all/none of the their parks.

My survey asked about the likelihood I would spend a night at their hotel if built at Six Flags Great Adventure.  It included the following images.

I would LOVE to see a hotel built at Great Adventure!

safarifacade.jpg

southlobby.jpg

safariroom.jpg

The interior looks good. The exterior is awful. It doesn't match the interior at all. A safari lodge exterior would be much more appropriate.

With a hotel I think that it would put great adventure closer to becoming a destination park. I would love to see something like one of cedar points hotel cuz those hotels look amazing