29yrswithaGApass

Shockwave

Did Shockwave really only have two trains? I was watching a POV of it (at Astroworld) on TPR's Coasters In the Raw, and it really looked like there was three.

I screen captured the part. It looks to have one in the station, one that the camera man is on, and one on the transfer.

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

Edit: Here's a slightly better one. http://www.flickr.com/photos/79973644@N03/7331540276/in/photostream/

It had three, and the Shockwave had three trains when it was at Great Adventure too!

Wow. I shouldn't have believed wikipedia. RCDB has it listed as two trains too.

Yeah, there are several pieces of inaccuarate info on rcdb about Great Adventure. We emailed to them several corrections which hopefully they will update soon.

gallery_2_579_452109.jpg

With the ride so much shorter than Green Lantern, was there a lot of stacking with 3 trains? Maybe it wasn't as bad though since there were less rows per train and no seatbelts.

Here are a few postcards of Great Adventure's first stand-up coaster, ShockWave, when it was at Magic Mounain (1986-1988) prior to being moved to NJ:

gallery_2_410_765490.jpg

gallery_2_410_729014.jpg

gallery_2_410_69463.jpg

I don't remember much about Shock Wave but I kind or remember thinking it was kind of slow but I think I enjoyed it. It seems that I'm one of the few that enjoy Green Lantern. Oh, I don't have the same "this is kind of slow" thoughts about Green Lantern.

Shockwave was small compared to GL. For its time, it seemed huge. I remember the commercial for it with everyone wearing the same black sunglasses.

Shockwave was small compared to GL. For its time, it seemed huge. I remember the commercial for it with everyone wearing the same black sunglasses.

Are you sure you're not thinking about KD's Shockwave commercial?That one had people in military-style jumpsuits and dark sunglasses being strapped in a stand-up coaster.

Brings back good memories. They must of copied the same video for GA or vice versa. Was definitely played here too.