Sign in to follow this  
Nitr0o

The Superman Topic

Superman: Ultimate Flight  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Is Superman a "Go-To?"

• Of Course!
    • No - I'd rather go on something else

I rarely have time to go to GA anymore, but I do try and go at least once a year.

However when I used to have time to visit GA and would visit once or twice a week I would almost never ride Superman because the line was so long. It still is the case every time I visit now, even though its once a year, even on a slow day Superman has a decent line. I've lived in Jackson for 19 years now, and Superman has been open for 16 years now, and I can honestly say I've probably ridden it only 10 times.

So my question for you guys is do you really ever ride Superman? Is it a go to ride? Or do you ignore it because waiting on line would be better on other rides (such as Kingda Ka/El Toro).

Don't get me wrong I do enjoy the ride, I just feel as if the line is always so terribly long it's almost never worth it.

I usually don't ride Superman, the line is usually at least a half hour or longer because I find the dispatches to be much slower than other rides in the park (sometimes the dispatches are twice as long as the other coasters in the park - as long as 3 minute dispatches on Superman while other coasters have 45-90 second dispatches) and it occasionally runs only one train here an there, usually after a breakdown. I'd say of all the coasters in the park (minus Harley Quinn and Road Runner Express), Superman is the coaster that runs only one train the most but it doesn't happen on a regular basis. Last time I rode Superman it had a 15 minute line so I decided to go on it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Viper26 said:

I usually don't ride Superman, the line is usually at least a half hour or longer because I find the dispatches to be much slower than other rides in the park (sometimes the dispatches are twice as long as the other coasters in the park - as long as 3 minute dispatches on Superman while other coasters have 45-90 second dispatches) and it occasionally runs only one train here an there, usually after a breakdown. I'd say of all the coasters in the park (minus Harley Quinn and Road Runner Express), Superman is the coaster that runs only one train the most but it doesn't happen on a regular basis. Last time I rode Superman it had a 15 minute line so I decided to go on it.

Agree 100% the dispatches are ridiculous, and it really just never seems worth it, it's a fun ride and all but just not worth the long line it always has.

• Like 1

For me, Superman is one of those rides that you either ride first or not at all. After all, most of the time, the lines are SUPER long, like long enough to the point where it's not worth it afterward.