22 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to be 2021 addition?

• Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends
    • Flat Ride Package
    • Park Improving
    • Water Park Expansion
    • New Animal addition
    • Family Ride

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 09/01/2020 at 04:00 AM

Well, it looks like 2020 addition was been leaked already so....let's talk about 2021 addition.

We need a brand new kids area expansion, yes. I was talking about Safari Kids transform into Bugs Bunny Boomtown since LTSP is gone.

And added DC Super Friends kids area next to Justice League and Cyborg. The park needs a major kids area expansion in 2021. So what are you think guys?

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

Also the park NEEDs a major improving during they will getting a MAJOR kids area expansion in 2021 between 2020 and 2021.

-Repainting Batman, Nitro, Kingda Ka, etc...

-More Pavement Pathways 

-More Meet & Greets characters (DC Comics characters, redesigns Looney Tunes characters like Warner Bros. Abu Dubai did)

-New Shows

-Park Improving

-Fixing Big Wheel (add LED lights)

-SkyScreamer's new LED (like Darien Lake has one)

-Return of trams (Yes, the people needs to get the park from parking lot to use trams)

and more.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Also the park NEEDs a major improving during they will getting a MAJOR kids area expansion in 2021 between 2020 and 2021.

-More Pavement Pathways 

-More Meet & Greets characters (DC Comics characters, redesigns Looney Tunes characters like Warner Bros. Abu Dubai did)

-New Shows

-Park Improving

-Return of trams (Yes, the people needs to get the park from parking lot to use trams)

and more.

I second all of this.

As fun as it was speculating about the new coaster, it'll be a big breath of fresh air for all of us to hopefully be in agreement that new kids areas are 100% the priority for 2021.

• Like 3

A refreshed Kids Area is very necessary for the park. It would be a great addition for 2021, Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends.

1 hour ago, Gyrotron said:

A refreshed Kids Area is very necessary for the park. It would be a great addition for 2021, Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends.

I could see them adding DC Super Friends to the new Metropolis area, and them retheming Bugs Bunny National Park to Boomtown. In fact that's probably what they will do.

• Like 1

I’m fine with it being a kids expansion in 2021 since I’ll be living in Alabama and won’t feel like I’m missing out at all LOL.

After last year’s announcement, I honestly thought that 2020 would be a Kids Expansion and the coaster would be coming in 2021. No complaints here though! 

The past years have had the following types of attractions:

2016- Thrill Coaster

2017- Family Dark Ride

2018- Thrill Flat Ride

2019- Thrill Flat Ride

2020- Thrill Coaster

Since the past 3 years have been Thrill rides, it’s the kids turn to get a new ride, especially since the older kids/ adults will still be busy re-riding our amazing 2020 attraction. (It’s best for the park even though I would love more thrilling flats). Modernizing this section will help Great Adventure compete with the new Legoland. 

5 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

-More Pavement Pathways 

-New Shows

-Park Improving

and more.

Are you still the same person?

• Haha 8

I think if we pull the Six Flags FUN approach and just constantly say we want a kids revamp we will get one! :P

• Like 1

So the ride specs supposedly got leaked, but I won't post them because the ride hasn't been announced yet.

• Thanks 3

Y’know what I think I would love in 2021 or 2022. A Congo Rapids revamp. That is an absolute necessity 

I know it's probably unlikely but if the 2021 addition is a new kids area, I'd like to see a small Gravity Group wooden coaster like the ones at Quassy, Kentucky Kingdom, StoryLand and Sesame Place similar to how Kings Island, Carowinds, Kings Dominion and Canada's Wonderland all have a small wooden coaster in their kids section of the park.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

-More Pavement Pathways 

-New Shows

-Park Improving

and more.

Repainting the coasters and adding LEDs to the Big Wheel alone would likely kill the budget completely, if not be over. 

I’m curious as to where you would want new pathways to. The only two we didn’t have that I thought we needed were one from Fantasy Forest to Metropolis and from the Golden Kingdom to Plaza del Carnaval, and we’ve since gotten those. 

I doubt DC superhero meet and greets are coming back. Finding people who are the right height/body shape for the characters is hard enough, let alone getting them specifically to stand around in those suits all day for a lower wage job. 

I definitely agree with new shows. There should be daily ones again like there were at Aqua Stadium, it’s an element of the park that’s been sorely missed. 

I feel as though the trams would be popular for a year or two and eventually be scrapped again. 

I like all of these ideas, man. I wish we could get them all. But there are a few that I don’t see happening for either financial or logistical reasons. Hopefully you’re right about a few of these things though!

Great Adventure MUST get the Power Splash eventually. They are so awesome. If Congo Rapids had to go, replace it with Aquaman: Power Wave please.

Is 2022 or 2023 too early to expect the next thrill ride (hopefully Power Splash)? I feel like they’ll go for the kids area in 2021, and then a water park addition in 2022. Maybe then they’ll add something big to the main park in 2023.

I am so happy with the park, they really outdid themselves for 2020. With Nitro, Kingda Ka, El Toro and now Jersey Devil Coaster, we don’t need many new coasters. A Power Splash or small Gravity Group woodie (or both 😂) would be great.

Edited by Gyrotron

37 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

Great Adventure MUST get the Power Splash eventually. They are so awesome. If Congo Rapids had to go, replace it with Aquaman: Power Wave please.

I’m all for a Power Splash, but please don’t let it be DC themed. We have so few major rides that aren’t DC themed right now, and 2020 is a step in the right direction. 

I definitely  agree about a new kids area for 2021, we have gotten thrill rides and family rides and now with a new roller coaster its time  to focus on the kids section.  I would really love to see Balin's Jungle land return with Tigerland Treehouse and all the former rides that used to be there while they relocate the Flying Plane ride in safari kids where Air Jumbo is.  Then most likely put Road Runner Railway into the old Raja Ripshaw/Bug a boo and Safari Tours Spot and make that section DC Kids with some new rides and maybe a climbing structure since Bugs Bunny National Park already has the Loony Tunes Theme.  Or better yet expand Bugs Bunny National Park into the Lakefront and have one big kids area that they can keep open all year round. Im curious to see if they relocate the kids rides in LTSP or put them in storage to be installed down the road.

While I think a kids area or water park revamp is most likely, I could also see a green lantern conversion at some point in the next two years.

14 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

-More Pavement Pathways 

-New Shows

-Park Improving

and more.

where is Six Flags FUN and what have you done to him

• Haha 2

but on a serious note, i feel like 2021 will likely be a year where they focus on the kids areas and maybe the shows

I can definitely see the following things happen

-Safari Kids transformation to DC Super Friends

-Rides at LTSP (which i believe is being removed) transferred to former Balin’s Jungleland which becomes DC Super Friends

-Rides at new DC Super Friends area include Larson Swings (i forget what they’re called theres one at lots of parks),

bucket blasters, and maybe a couple more innovative family rides.

-BBNP becomes Bugs Bunny Boomtown, additional kids play area along with some of the LTSP rides and refurbished rides.

Adding a bunch of new family orientated rides into a new DC Super Friends will not only knock out the need for a new kids area but also some amazing family rides! By focusing on this it will easier to focus on family/younger tier guests this year, then back to thrill next year.

6 hours ago, GASM said:

I’m all for a Power Splash, but please don’t let it be DC themed. We have so few major rides that aren’t DC themed right now, and 2020 is a step in the right direction. 

THIS. I’m so happy it’s not DC and hope it continues. 

The park absolutely needs a kids area expansion. But that shouldn't be all for 2020. I think the park is starting to look run down. Spend some money on simple things and they are on their way to looking like Hershey or a good Cedar Fair park. Pull some weeds. Pick up dead and fallen bamboo. Trim bushes back out of queue lines. Add mulch to the areas where people decide to step on the flower bays. Dye some concrete. Make Kingda Ka's launch view able from outside the line. Is that too much to ask for? Most of that is just landscaping. When I got into WW's line for the first time and saw the secluded patch of grass and bushes, my first thought was, "How long until this starts to look like Zumanjaro's over grown mess of a queue line?"

• Like 1

I think 2021 will be a small flat ride or kids expansion. They won't get another coaster for years, especially not on the scale that this project is going to be. What I'd like for the future is a dive coaster or wing coaster.