1. 1. Who is going to be 2021 addition?

• Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends
    • Mack PowerSplash
    • Flat Ride Package
    • Park Improving
    • Water Park Expansion
    • New Animal addition
    • Family Ride

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 09/01/2020 at 04:00 AM

I think 2021 is still very much up in the air. If Six Flags gets the new CEO they've been tryig to get for a while now and Jim Reid Anderson finally retires, we could see a shake-up in the capex spending. 

1 hour ago, Rws0704 said:

Could 2021 have both a kids area expansion and a new water slide

It might be possible because they are separate parks.  Which type of water coaster would you prefer to see?  Great America is building a water coaster similar to Massiv by Whitewater West and White Water Atlanta is building a Proslide RocketBlast/Flying Saucer water coaster that is bigger than Thunder Rapids.

Massiv:

MASSIV_HopeSt_1710x968.jpg.aspx?maxsides

Thunder Rapids:

maxresdefault.jpg

A krakatau esque water coaster would be awesome at hurricane harbor, then again a lot of slides at volcano bay would be awesome at hurricane harbor

Edited by heatherrrrz

Great Adventure usually announces its additions to Hurricane Harbor in the beginning of the year prior to the start of the season. We could possibly still see an announcement for HHNJ in 2020 especially since it is the park’s 20th anniversary. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 5:22 PM, Six Flags FUN! said:

Also the park NEEDs a major improving during they will getting a MAJOR kids area expansion in 2021 between 2020 and 2021.

-Repainting Batman, Nitro, Kingda Ka, etc...

-More Pavement Pathways 

-More Meet & Greets characters (DC Comics characters, redesigns Looney Tunes characters like Warner Bros. Abu Dubai did)

-New Shows

-Park Improving

-Fixing Big Wheel (add LED lights)

-SkyScreamer's new LED (like Darien Lake has one)

-Return of trams (Yes, the people needs to get the park from parking lot to use trams)

and more.

Once Jim Reid-Anderson is gone, I predict that much more general maintenance and smaller projects will be completed. He stepped down from the position once because he could not scrape any additional revenue out of the parks for his shareholders beyond extending seasons, purchasing other parks, and of course his contracts with international developers. His ego just could not handle having a down year, so he tried to escape. The man has no concept of how to increase revenue with what he has, so defers just about everything. 

Here's my Bugs Bunny Boomtown/DC Super Friends kids area in 2021 I see Road Runner Railway relocating to BBNP:

Bugs Bunny Boomtown (former Safari Kids):

Looney Tooty Railroad (Kiddie train ride)

Taz Tornado (Zamperla Lolly Swing)

Bugs Bunny Airplane Crazy (former Bugs Bunny Barnstormer)

Daffy Duck Bucket Blasters (Zamperla Watermania )

Sylvester's Pounce and Bounce (former Jumpin' Joey)

Tweety's Submarine (former Daffy's Deep Sea Diver)

ACME Scrambler (former Raja's Rickshaws)

Elmer Fudd's Balloon Voyage (former Sky Zooma)

Yosemite Sam's Wacky Wagons  (Zamperla Mini Ferris Wheel - kiddie ride)

Looney Tunes Playground Zone (Miracle Recreation Equipment play structure)

Marvin the Martian Space Rockets (Zamperla Rocket Ride)

Pepe Le Pew's Hearts Aweigh (spinning teacups)

Road Runner Express (Vekoma Junior roller coaster)

Speedy Gonzales Speedway (Zamperla Kiddie convoy/truck ride)

Porky Pig Airlines (former Air Safari)

Bugs Bunny Boomtown Theater (former Adventure Theater)

DC Super Friends:

Superman Tower of Power (Zamperla tower ride)

Batman Batcopters (Spinning flat ride where riders can change the altitude of their vehicles during the ride)
Wonder Woman Flight School (
Larson Flying Scooters)

The Joker's Funhouse (funhouse)

DC Super Hero Girls Ferris Wheel (kiddie ferris wheel)

Green Lantern Flight of Justice (Vekoma Suspended family coaster

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Medusa42 said:

giphy.gif

Im just gunna do what Six Flags fun did for 4 years.   Say the same thing over and over and eventually one year I’ll be correct.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

It might be possible because they are separate parks.  Which type of water coaster would you prefer to see?  Great America is building a water coaster similar to Massiv by Whitewater West and White Water Atlanta is building a Proslide RocketBlast/Flying Saucer water coaster that is bigger than Thunder Rapids.

Massiv:

MASSIV_HopeSt_1710x968.jpg.aspx?maxsides

Thunder Rapids:

maxresdefault.jpg

I would probably think one like Great America is getting

The only half decent kids area at the park is Bugs Bunny National Park. Just went to the park the other day and Safari Kids is not looking too great. All of the rides/signs in that area are extremely faded. I'm not sure if Jersey Devil will take up the entire LTSP, but if it doesn't, I could see the park extending the current safari kids area back to RRR for the time being. However, there are several other improvements that the park needs in addition to a kids area. I recently went to Gillian's Wonderland in Ocean City, and the light packages they have on their ferris wheel and drop tower are awesome! I'd love to see something like that put on either the Big Wheel or Sky Screamer. 

I mentioned this in another thread, Fiesta Texas is going to completely retheme their Kidzopolis area to something that isn't Bugs Bunny or DC Comics for 2020.  They didn't say if it would be a generic theme or a new IP, but I wouldn't be surprised if this happens at several parks.

Edited by Medusa42

I’m not sure we’ll see another Mack Powersplash come to a park in the chain anytime soon unfortunately. The cost I think is around $9,500,000, and the one that Over Texas is getting is being relocated from the failed Dubai park. Because of this we have absolutely no idea if Six Flags is ever going to buy an new powersplash again, especially since it would count as a new coaster, which I don’t see us getting for quite awhile with what was just announced for us. Let’s hope the one at Over Texas is a big success, that way we can hopefully see more of them in the future and eventually one at our park.

13 hours ago, Clearvue said:

Im just gunna do what Six Flags fun did for 4 years.   Say the same thing over and over and eventually one year I’ll be correct.  

RMC Rolling Thunder recreation.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 12:57 AM, Yoshi said:

I know it's probably unlikely but if the 2021 addition is a new kids area, I'd like to see a small Gravity Group wooden coaster like the ones at Quassy, Kentucky Kingdom, StoryLand and Sesame Place similar to how Kings Island, Carowinds, Kings Dominion and Canada's Wonderland all have a small wooden coaster in their kids section of the park.

I rode the one at quassy was amazing but incredibly short. Perfect for the kids. Tiny hills with great air time!

All I've noticed since Jim took over is Six Flags being considered less and less as a world class thrill theme park chain and more and more like a carbon copy chain of theme parks. It sucks that every single park seems to get the same exact thing year after year (ex. Crazanity/WW, Joker, Skyscreamer, the list really could go on forever). Like if your home park is Cedar Point, you may still want to visit other Cedar Fair parks, Kings Island, Carowinds, etc.... But like I literally don't have much desire to visit any other Six Flags park except Magic Mountain and Fiesta Texas... because I know the experience would be so similar why bother?

So after my rant, I really hope that when Jim retires, the new CEO will bring Six Flags back to its glory days, and no I'm not saying add a massive coaster to each park every year and force a bankruptcy, I'm just saying that maybe each year everybody gets something really small and the parks rotate on two or three parks getting MASSIVE coasters or rides... so hopefully thats what 2021 will bring for Six Flags as a chain, as for Great Adventure like I said I think we all agree on a kids area, but who knows maybe the new CEO will go on the coattails of Jersey Devil and add another massive coaster (like El Toro a year after Kingda Ka).... and if that happens I'll be happy too! But a kids area is extremely necessary.

On 8/29/2019 at 9:56 AM, Medusa42 said:

I would remove Twister and fill in the empty space behind the ride with a new kids area.

That's a good space actually for DC Super Friends with Superman and Green Lantern right there. However, if they remove the paintball building so there's a straight (roughly) path to El Toro, then I kind of want the left side of Main Street, the Boarwalk Games, 4 Tents, and the Golden Kingdom Shops to be called Expo Avenue. Slingshot would get relocated next to Jersey Devil. Remove the Simulator Building or use it for a haunt maze. 

Even if they remove Twister, if the simulator building is scrapped, DC Super Friends could cover the Go-karts and simulator as well.

I've picked the following rides following:

Scarecrow's Barnstormer (Bugs Bunny Barnstormer)

Harleyquinn Spinsanity (Heart's Away)

Flash: Speed Force (Canyon Blaster, would be replaced by Taz)

Wonder Woman (NEW Flying Scooters)

Superman: Tower of Power (New kiddie drop Tower)

Batman Batcopters (NEW Ride)

Daffy's Deepsea Diver would get scrapped.

P.S. I want to see what thrill rides could fit between the Backlot Commissary and the Demon District Arena without doing little alteration to each (since Beyond is in the title).

I would LOVE to see a FAMILY ride section.  Not a kids section but a FAMILY ride section where I can take my 5 yr old daughter who is dying to go on bigger things some rides that kinda scare her 

With a new kids’ section, Six Flags would add numerous newly purchased rides to the area? If so, that would definitely help add to Great Adventure, making it even bigger. I hope the park gets DC Super Friends and Bugs Bunny Boomtown in 2021!

Edited by Gyrotron

22 hours ago, Nitr0o said:

All I've noticed since Jim took over is Six Flags being considered less and less as a world class thrill theme park chain and more and more like a carbon copy chain of theme parks.

To add to your comment, keep in mind that most of the large ticket attractions were added to GA before the bankruptcy, and still tend to be the most popular (Kingda Ka, El Toro, Nitro, etc.) Part of the difficulty is the market segment SIX targets. They aren't going after the Disney crowd who drops $10K for a weeks vacation. They are content bringing in the masses via a $69 season pass and $79 dining pass = $148. The price of a single day Magic Kingdom ticket is $124.

SIX touts themselves as world class theme parks, but in reality they can't spend $300 million for a Test Track or $100 million for a Tower of Terror. They just don't generate that kind of revenue.

I would agree that SIX rides/attractions are very cookie cutter (off the shelf), and they definitely order multiples of each (El Diablo). I have no doubt that they order rides many years in advance, as they do incorporate some differing design elements.

SIX is what it is. It's a low priced regional amusement park that caters to the masses. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. We just need to temper our expectations.

Edited by rj1972
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rj1972 said:

To add to your comment, keep in mind that most of the large ticket attractions were added to GA before the bankruptcy, and still tend to be the most popular (Kingda Ka, El Toro, Nitro, etc.) Part of the difficulty is the market segment SIX targets. They aren't going after the Disney crowd who drops $10K for a weeks vacation. They are content bringing in the masses via a $69 season pass and $79 dining pass = $148. The price of a single day Magic Kingdom ticket is $124.

SIX touts themselves as world class theme parks, but in reality they can't spend $300 million for a Test Track or $100 million for a Tower of Terror. They just don't generate that kind of revenue.

I would agree that SIX rides/attractions are very cookie cutter (off the shelf), and they definitely order multiples of each (El Diablo). I have no doubt that they order rides many years in advance, as they do incorporate some differing design elements.

SIX is what it is. It's a low priced regional amusement park that caters to the masses. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. We just need to temper our expectations.

While I don't disagree with you at all, you're completely correct, my issue is Cedar Fair. Cedar Fair is obviously Six Flags' most direct competitor, and offers similar prices for their amusement parks and generates similar revenue, yet every year you see at least one of their parks getting something completely awesome (e.g. the Gigas they've been adding), and while I understand their business model is different (not every park gets a new ride like Six Flags), it would be nice if Six Flags did the rotation like Cedar Fair does, one STAR attraction to one park and small attractions every where else. While Jersey Devil is definitely a star attraction, this isn't usually the case with Six Flags and this seems to be the first year to me in a while they've even done something like that. Maxx Force and West Coast Racers, yeah they're cool but they are definitely not on the scale of say Orion for example.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nitr0o said:

While I don't disagree with you at all, you're completely correct, my issue is Cedar Fair. Cedar Fair is obviously Six Flags' most direct competitor, and offers similar prices for their amusement parks and generates similar revenue, yet every year you see at least one of their parks getting something completely awesome (e.g. the Gigas they've been adding), and while I understand their business model is different (not every park gets a new ride like Six Flags), it would be nice if Six Flags did the rotation like Cedar Fair does, one STAR attraction to one park and small attractions every where else. While Jersey Devil is definitely a star attraction, this isn't usually the case with Six Flags and this seems to be the first year to me in a while they've even done something like that. Maxx Force and West Coast Racers, yeah they're cool but they are definitely not on the scale of say Orion for example.

Notice Cedar Fair have cut back (a LOT) this year on their capex, with most parks just getting water slides after years of so many huge investments in coasters. Cedar Fair was spending way too much (for certain parks) just like the old Six Flags (Premier) days, and now they've had to cut back just like current Six Flags. I think both chains need to achieve the proper balance. Somewhere between every major park getting a huge new coaster every other year, and instead maybe a huge new coaster (B&M, Intamin, etc.) in the $15-20 million range every 5 years at major parks, with smaller parks getting some hand me downs through ride rotation and smaller investments on years between big ones.

I believe the current Six Flags capex plan is about $7 million per year for each park with some movement of funds from smaller parks to larger ones for slightly larger investments. WHen you're running three of the largest, most attended parks in the country (SFMM, SFGAm, SFGAdv), you need to make major investments of more than $7 million to keep driving attendance. Not every year, but it needs to happen every few years. 

SIX really needs to increase ticket prices. I know it's a slippery slope, but $69 for a season pass is a bit silly. They moved to the multi-tier memberships, which definitely helps their bottom line, but I also don't feel that they priced the Diamond Elite membership anywhere near high enough. People aspire to greater things by making emotional decisions/purchases, and with four tiers of memberships, SIX seriously could have taken a pricing risk on their top tier. It's kind of difficult now to increase membership prices or add a fifth tier, as an additional tier may confuse the consumer.  

• Like 1