22 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to be 2021 addition?

• Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends
    • Flat Ride Package
    • Park Improving
    • Water Park Expansion
    • New Animal addition
    • Family Ride

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 09/01/2020 at 04:00 AM

5 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

I think both chains need to achieve the proper balance. Somewhere between every major park getting a huge new coaster every other year, and instead maybe a huge new coaster (B&M, Intamin, etc.) in the $15-20 million range every 5 years at major parks, with smaller parks getting some hand me downs through ride rotation and smaller investments on years between big ones.

This is a fantastic idea I completely agree. A nice balance really would be awesome. A major coaster every couple years at major parks would be an excellent idea while the smaller parks get rotation (please can Darien Lake take Green Lantern off our hands LMAO).

3 hours ago, rj1972 said:

SIX really needs to increase ticket prices. I know it's a slippery slope, but $69 for a season pass is a bit silly. They moved to the multi-tier memberships, which definitely helps their bottom line, but I also don't feel that they priced the Diamond Elite membership anywhere near high enough. People aspire to greater things by making emotional decisions/purchases, and with four tiers of memberships, SIX seriously could have taken a pricing risk on their top tier. It's kind of difficult now to increase membership prices or add a fifth tier, as an additional tier may confuse the consumer.  

EXACTLY, its ridiculous that these are the ticket prices, I mean we all complain when its too expensive but at least we can realize its too damn cheap! I paid more for a DAILY ticket at Busch Gardens, and although Busch Gardens is a FANTASTIC theme park, it is still not as large as Great Adventure, and it was shocking that I would pay more for a daily ticket at BGW than a season pass at GAdv. I think management figures okay if we are this cheap everyone will just have to come, but I really don't think that's what is happening.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nitr0o said:

This is a fantastic idea I completely agree. A nice balance really would be awesome. A major coaster every couple years at major parks would be an excellent idea while the smaller parks get rotation (please can Darien Lake take Green Lantern off our hands LMAO).

I would love to see Green Lantern be relocated, and maybe replaced with a Vekoma Firestorm. Or just converted to sit-down trains. I wonder if Six Flags would plan to add another coaster to Great Adventure before 2024.

Edited by Gyrotron
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Gyrotron said:

I would love to see Green Lantern be relocated, and maybe replaced with a Vekoma Firestorm. Or just converted to sit-down trains. I wonder if Six Flags would plan to add another coaster to Great Adventure before 2024.

Is it just me, or do others walk off of Green Lantern with their head banged up. The overhead restraints are positioned to hit the sides of my head. I wear glasses, as I'm as blind as a bat, and having my ears smack the sides of the restraint while wearing glasses feels lovely. 

5 hours ago, Gyrotron said:

I would prefer a GCI Woodie like Goldstriker to take it's place, not only because it would actually look good on a parking lot, but because it would provide people with another woodie that isn't nearly as intense as El Toro. It'll also be nice to finally let go of the "park with most mediocre B&Ms" persona.

Edited by Tower

2 hours ago, Tower said:

I would prefer a GCI Woodie like Goldstriker to take it's place, not only because it would actually look good on a parking lot, but because it would provide people with another woodie that isn't nearly as intense as El Toro. It'll also be nice to finally let go of the "park with most mediocre B&Ms" persona.

A sleek, compact B&M wing coaster like X-Flight would be a neat fit for Great Adventure. I wish X-Flight had gotten cloned at some of the more attended parks, it is a decent capacity and high quality coaster. I have heard great things about the near misses, and compact inversions.

11 hours ago, Tower said:

Yes! I've been hoping for a family or moderate GCI for years. I recently rode InvadR at Busch Gardens which is a family GCI and it really is a lot of fun, it's not too intense for kids but it has a lot of fun airtime pops and is really fast paced making it lots of fun for everyone. 

I think 2024 is going to be the year for the next big addition to Great Adventure. It will be 4 years since Jersey Devil, and will be the parks 50th anniversary. 2021, 2022, and 2023 will be some combination of kids area, water park improvement (water coaster), Congo rapids redo, and thrilling flat and then 2024 will likely be some kind of new coaster

If LTSP/Safari Kids does survive the Jersey Devil construction, I really hope they get fixed up. I think that they will end up transforming that area into Bugs Bunny Boomtown or DC Super Friends so I'm not entirely worried.

Edited by Tower

I could see the roller coaster from LTSP make its way to the old Safari Tours ride. There is absolutely enough space for it but we will see. As for the other rides, you could put them in the area where the old Enterprise used to be or if not there, I would like to see them spread around the park. Hersheypark has a good mix of rides all over the park so families can stick together. 

2 hours ago, MitchCaltabiano said:

We get any teasers from Winkler about 2021 at ROTB?

He stopped by our dinner but didn't do a Q&A or anything like that this year.

7 hours ago, Matt Kaiser said:

He stopped by our dinner but didn't do a Q&A or anything like that this year.

I guess he has secret planning for kids area expansion (Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends) for 2021.

A new coaster in a new Kid's section (even something along the scale of Road Runner Railway) would boost the park to 15 coasters (as long as Road Runner Railway survives the addition of JDC - I would be devastated if it didn't). How awesome would it be if Crossbow from Bowcraft (https://rcdb.com/3510.htm) got installed at Great Adventure as part of Bugs Bunny Boomtown or DC Super Friends? The fate of Crossbow still remains in the air, so it's possible. I would LOVE to see this happen.

Edited by Gyrotron

4 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

A new coaster in a new Kid's section (even something along the scale of Road Runner Railway) would boost the park to 15 coasters (as long as Road Runner Railway survives the addition of JDC - I would be devastated if it didn't). How awesome would it be if Crossbow from Bowcraft (https://rcdb.com/3510.htm) got installed at Great Adventure as part of Bugs Bunny Boomtown or DC Super Friends? The fate of Crossbow still remains in the air, so it's possible. I would LOVE to see this happen.

That would be awesome, and add another coaster to the park’s lineup! 

As much as I love Aquaman: Power Wave (I’m still skeptical of whether or not Six Flags would buy more of this expensive model), I don’t know if it’s likely for Great Adventure in the future. It would not be able to run when the weather is cooler out, just like Log Flume and Congo Rapids. Also, Six Flags wouldn’t purchase that turn-table loading dock, which really is a drag on capacity.

Even still, I would be ecstatic to see it in the future, I think Great Adventure needs some more water rides in the theme park. And who doesn’t love those two tall vertical spikes? It’s just such an awesome creation, and it would be the park’s second Mack coaster. Just something that is on my future wishlist for the park!

Unfortunately parks really don't care much about capacity anymore when they offer pay to cut the line. They make more money selling those passes than they would if they put something high capacity in. 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

Unfortunately parks really don't care much about capacity anymore when they offer pay to cut the line. They make more money selling those passes than they would if they put something high capacity in. 

That is true. Pulsar at Walibi Belgium is marked as 940 passengers per hour. For Aquaman, with a ride duration of 1:19 (or 79 seconds) and with solid operations 1.5 minutes (90 seconds) to unload/load a train of 20 passengers, this accrues to 169 seconds. This would equate to about 21 dispatches an hour, or 420 passengers per hour. It is definitely low, and the 1.5 minute load time may seem far-fetched, but if the attendant(s) can organize the next boat's rows while the ride is on the course, it could happen.

As I have posted in 2021 Speculation at Other Six Flags Parks thread (via Screamscape):

2021 - Mack Super Splash / Aquaman - Rumor - (9/16/19) While Six Flags Magic Mountain isn’t adding any new ride hardware for the 2020 season, that hasn’t stopped the rumor mill from reporting on a possible concept being floated around for 2021. According to the new rumor the park may be looking to retire the Tidal Wave big-splash boat ride, and possibly replace it with another Mack Power Splash ride, assuming all goes well with the first installation at Six Flags over Texas in 2020.

This greatly excites me, but then again, Magic Mountain is another year-round warm climate park (as is the case with Over Texas). I don't know if Six Flags would consider putting an Aquaman ride in at Great Adventure, but I still do feel there is a decent likelihood of it down the line (granted this rumor turns out true). I mean, NJ does get very hot summers, and there already exists Log Flume and Congo Rapids. Heavy-duty water attractions are no stranger to Great Adventure!

A kids area expansion, or at least some new kids rides are a necessity at this point. LTSP was looking very run down before it closed and Safari Kids is not too far behind. I would still love to see a mid-size GCI wooden coaster come to Great Adventure at some point in the distant future. 

On 9/1/2019 at 9:56 PM, rj1972 said:

Is it just me, or do others walk off of Green Lantern with their head banged up. The overhead restraints are positioned to hit the sides of my head. I wear glasses, as I'm as blind as a bat, and having my ears smack the sides of the restraint while wearing glasses feels lovely. 

a 1997 with makeup=headbanger

I still prefer blacking out on GASM

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kingda Ka-Nitro said:

a 1997 with makeup=headbanger

I still prefer blacking out on GASM

I wish that Green Lantern was refitted with sit-down trains, painted with red track and white supports, and called "Great American Scream Machine 2.0" or something similar. It doesn't quite measure up to GASM's 7 inversions or 17 story height, but it would be a great tribute. The headbanging would probably persist due to the altered heart-lining, but still, I don't think it'd be as bad as Rougarou. The ending of Green Lantern is not as tight as Rougarou's, so I think it could fare just fine as a sit-down.

• Like 1

I feel bad for Green Lantern, it’s sure gets a lot of hate when I absolutely love the ride, and the standing up concept is so intriguing... the head banging does not bother me at all.. It also adds to the lineup of the park, adding a major variety of rides.

2 hours ago, Joseph_D said:

I feel bad for Green Lantern, it’s sure gets a lot of hate when I absolutely love the ride, and the standing up concept is so intriguing... the head banging does not bother me at all.. It also adds to the lineup of the park, adding a major variety of rides.

I think it is overshadowed by the top dogs of the park, and it doesn't help that all the other B&Ms are very comfortable at Great Adventure. I agree it's a neat novelty, and while I generally just try and endure the pain on rides for the sake of fun, I don't feel the need to hit up Green Lantern every visit. The headbanging gets me pretty badly, but I have not ridden the other stand-ups. I have heard people rant and rave about Georgia Scorcher and Riddler's Revenge. Vortex at Carowinds on the other hand has awful reviews, I would say the worst I've heard of the stand-ups.

• Like 1

Also we represent a smaller minority of park dwellers. The green lantern being a standup sells tickets and attracts new people. people that are on this forum will likely visit; if the park had 2-3 coasters lol. i havnt been on superman in probably ten years.

11 hours ago, Kingda Ka-Nitro said:

Also we represent a smaller minority of park dwellers. The green lantern being a standup sells tickets and attracts new people. people that are on this forum will likely visit; if the park had 2-3 coasters lol. i havnt been on superman in probably ten years.

I don't think so, a lot of friends of mine really disliked GL and they are not enthusiasts. It is basically the spiritual successor of GASM (RIP) which was also infamous among the GP as an uncomfortable, painful ride. I don't ride it often, but lately the line has always been very short for me whenever I go to ride it. Has anyone waited a long time for GL in recent years?

Edited by Gyrotron