22 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to be 2021 addition?

• Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends
    • Flat Ride Package
    • Park Improving
    • Water Park Expansion
    • New Animal addition
    • Family Ride

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 09/01/2020 at 04:00 AM

1 hour ago, Louisatsweetlou said:

My GP friend refuses to ride another roller coaster after riding Green Lantern- and will not go to Six Flags- seems like a good idea to convert it...

The problem with Green Lantern is that it is inconsistent. Although it usually tends to run a little rough, I actually really enjoyed it when I last visited the park. It was running extremely smooth, and I didn't have any head-banging. If it ran like that every time, I would have absolutely no complaints whatsoever. Unfortunately that isn't the case. I do not think GL should be turned into a floorless coaster. The park already has a much better floorless coaster in Bizarro anyway. I would much rather see Green Lantern travel to another park and be converted there, than having two floorless coasters (with very similar elements) at the same park. 

• Like 2

For me, selfishly, I would much rather have two floorless because Lord knows we are not going to be getting any new major coasters after JDC opens- earliest I could see a coaster after that is 2023, and that'll probably be a smaller one which is understandable- but if the options are keep it as it is or convert it and move it to another park, I'll keep it with us. 

I feel as if our park will become one of the more favored in the chain. I think with the opening of all this new parks in the area and parks like Hershey really stepping up their game, SFGADv will probably add more and more thrill based and unique coasters to truly establish the park as THE thrill capital of the northeast

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MitchCaltabiano said:

I feel as if our park will become one of the more favored in the chain. I think with the opening of all this new parks in the area and parks like Hershey really stepping up their game, SFGADv will probably add more and more thrill based and unique coasters to truly establish the park as THE thrill capital of the northeast

I agree with this. I know the idea was circulated that Fiesta Texas would become the new favorite of the chain (i.e. the testing ground for the latest and greatest of the theme park industry), but it's apparent that corporate has a close eye on Great Adventure. The long period of mainly flat rides at Great Adventure, which I refer to as the "flat ride renaissance", was absolutely necessary and should continue. The coaster collection at the park is already extremely strong, and it's great that Six Flags pours a variety of flats in to round-out the park.

For 2021, I think that the kids' area is a vital necessity. JDC stands at the top of the thrill list for a new addition, and now its time to focus on the lower-end of the thrill list, because families are important as consumers (and to the success of the park).

More flats would be welcomed past 2021; the Funtime Booster, a Zamperla Air Race, and a Zamperla Endeavor would be great additions to the park. Perhaps the park could get a flat-ride package, in the likes of what SFOT had done in 2016 when they received three wonderful flat rides (Catwoman Whip, Harley Quinn: Spinsanity, The Riddler Revenge). I also hope that Great Adventure will be the recipient of a Mack PowerSplash in the future. JDC really lifted my spirits, and I think that the future is bright for Great Adventure.

Edited by Gyrotron

8 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

I agree with this. I know the idea was circulated that Fiesta Texas would become the new favorite of the chain (i.e. the testing ground for the latest and greatest of the theme park industry), but it's apparent that corporate has a close eye on Great Adventure. The long period of mainly flat rides at Great Adventure, which I refer to as the "flat ride renaissance", was absolutely necessary and should continue. The coaster collection at the park is already extremely strong, and it's great that Six Flags pours a variety of flats in to round-out the park.

For 2021, I think that the kids' area is a vital necessity. JDC stands at the top of the thrill list for a new addition, and now its time to focus on the lower-end of the thrill list, because families are important as consumers (and to the success of the park).

More flats would be welcomed past 2021; the Funtime Booster, a Zamperla Air Race, and a Zamperla Endeavor would be great additions to the park. Perhaps the park could get a flat-ride package, in the likes of what SFOT had done in 2016 when they received three wonderful flat rides (Catwoman Whip, Harley Quinn: Spinsanity, The Riddler Revenge). I also hope that Great Adventure will be the recipient of a Mack PowerSplash in the future. JDC really lifted my spirits, and I think that the future is bright for Great Adventure.

^ You have good idea for me. Here's my five year plan for the park:

2021: Bugs Bunny Boomtown & DC Super Friends / Park Improving

2022: Zamperla Air Race, Zamperla Endeavor, and 30M Larson Super Loop

2023: Funtime Booster / Water Coaster (Hurricane Harbor)

2024: Mack PowerSplash

2025: Premier Rides Dueling Launch Coasters

2 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I'd love to see this happen. However, from what I have heard the Zamperla Air Race is supposedly more expensive than the Zamperla Giga Discovery (not sure if this is true, I don't have evidence). That makes me think it would be a stand-alone addition. Also, I don't know if PowerSplash would be in back to back years with a Premier Rides coaster(s).

What I love is that you have included the 30M Larson Super Loop. I think it would be great to bring that back to the park as the bigger version, and it would ease the burn if it was encompassed in a flat package (so that we don't feel "jipped" of a year's addition, having recently added a Larson Super Loop and losing it).

5 hours ago, Gyrotron said:

I'd love to see this happen. However, from what I have heard the Zamperla Air Race is supposedly more expensive than the Zamperla Giga Discovery (not sure if this is true, I don't have evidence). That makes me think it would be a stand-alone addition. Also, I don't know if PowerSplash would be in back to back years with a Premier Rides coaster(s).

What I love is that you have included the 30M Larson Super Loop. I think it would be great to bring that back to the park as the bigger version, and it would ease the burn if it was encompassed in a flat package (so that we don't feel "jipped" of a year's addition, having recently added a Larson Super Loop and losing it).

7 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

This is Great Adventure were talking about. Screw the 30M Larson Super Loop. Lets get the 100M Larson Giga Loop #gobig

On 9/18/2019 at 9:18 AM, Gyrotron said:

I don't think so, a lot of friends of mine really disliked GL and they are not enthusiasts. It is basically the spiritual successor of GASM (RIP) which was also infamous among the GP as an uncomfortable, painful ride. I don't ride it often, but lately the line has always been very short for me whenever I go to ride it. Has anyone waited a long time for GL in recent years?

I don't doubt anyone could dislike this ride. But with theme parks nowadays its a pissing match for variety speed and height. Like El toro is probably the 1st or second best ride at GADV; and general public probably view it a just another woodie. 

idk.

at least theres  a coaster there instead of empty space. I would do anything for the chiller back.

• Like 1

It would be nice to eventually see a DC-skinned version of West Coast Racers for the park, maybe as the "Riddler & Two Face: Street Race" as people had predicted or the 2020 addition. It could occupy the Batman Stunt Arena space, and the queue could be located near Wonder Woman. That would add another coaster to Movie Town, and be an homage to the Chiller.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

It would be nice to eventually see a DC-skinned version of West Coast Racers for the park, maybe as the "Riddler & Two Face: Street Race" as people had predicted or the 2020 addition. It could occupy the Batman Stunt Arena space, and the queue could be located near Wonder Woman. That would add another coaster to Movie Town, and be an homage to the Chiller.

I can see 2024 addition as very fun as dueling Premier Rides launch coasters themed to the Riddler and Two Face in Movietown known as DC Universe in Gotham City section.

• Like 2

It'd be cool to see a dueling Premier. They're an underrated company imo.

-

I rode GL once in a 2015, and I didn't find it to be terrible. Just not good by any stretch of the imagination. It was no where as bad as Mantis though. Goodness, that ride was horrible...

Edited by Llama Drama

Hopefully Martian Manhunter and Green Arrow can get rides in 2021. 

With the popularity of superhero movies and related media, I would love to see an increase in the entertainment budget and put on another stunt show. With Justice League, Cyborg, and Wonder Woman now, I think it's the perfect time to revive it. 

Also, any show in the showcase theater would also be a godsend for those extremely hot days. 

• Like 2

I couldn't agree more BuddyChrist!  The park can use a nice high budget show, even if its only for 4 weekends,  but I honestly see them trying to incorporate the Kiddy Rides a long with new ones in a completely renovated or new section. Safari Kids is over 10 years old and Bugs bunny national park is 12.  I think its time.... Would love to see Balin's return but after being gone for 10 years I don't see that happening.  

Here is some pictures of Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends from couple Six Flags parks (Over Texas, Over Georgia and Mexico)

12901362_10209134549260460_2413599062205249004_o.jpg

SFMM_TR_20131127_03.jpg

12916231_10209137110604492_1846691595095883225_o

Image may contain: people sitting and outdoor

DSCN1387-1024x768.jpg

DSCN1390-1024x768.jpg

DSCN1391-1024x768.jpg

DSCN1392-1024x768.jpg

Younger Six Flags Over Georgia guests love rides like Wonder Woman's Flight School in the DC Super Friends area.Image result for superman krypton coaster

Six Flags Bugs Bunny Boomtown | I-75 Exit Guidesfog-combo-ka_0.jpg

BoomTown-Play-Structure.jpg

DSC_0490-md

1000?cb=20180911043024

So guys is this 2021 addition would be Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends? Yes or No?

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

I think 2021 will be the Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends addition - but can't say for sure. The kids' areas are in major need of an overhaul, and this would solve that issue. But who knows? It might just be a flat ride.

I was just at SF Mexico and the DC Super Friends area is super cute. Also the theming is less-involved than something like an LTS, which saw its theme fixtures decay, fade, and rot over time under neglect. Would be a nice addition, IMO.