27 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to be 2021 addition?

• Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends
    • Flat Ride Package
    • Park Improving
    • Water Park Expansion
    • New Animal addition
    • Family Ride

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 09/01/2020 at 04:00 AM

1 hour ago, EasternThrills said:

I have always thought the idea of Timber-town would be a great kids area revamp, since it’s next to Jersey Devil and it lurks in the woods (specifically the pine barrens).

That works too.

1 hour ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I told you it's impossible to say that, even Great Escape and Frontier City can do that. I think there's most likely it's Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends.

I wouldn't say its impossible lol

3 minutes ago, scott said:

I think we get a T-Rex or Raptor in 2021. 😉

Wrong. 2020 is RMC Raptor (Jersey Devil Coaster). But in 2021, we will get new Kids Area Expansion aka Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Super Friends.

• Like 1

RODEO STAMPEDE, Mack Rides PowerSplash (AQUAMAN: PowerWave clone), new for 2024 as apart of GADV’s 50th anniversary and a revitalization of Frontier Adventures; the ride goes in the former site of the Saw Mill Log Flume and Best of the West. Find me when it happens. 

3 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

So guys, now it's time for Great Adventure to get a new kids area expansion in 2021?

I’m going to wait to see if the rides from LTSP that were removed for the JD coaster  construction are up and running again this year. If they are up and running in different locations then I don’t see a kids area expansion for 2021. 

• Like 1

2021-DC Super Friends (Safari Kids, small portion of Seaport) and "Explorers Village" (in the gap between Ka and Zu's entrances), 2-4 new rides, but the rest would be pre-existing

2022-Family coaster in Golden Kingdom or Zamperla Endevour in El Diablo's spot, Twister is secretly retied after Fright Fest, Plaza (bar Toro) added to Holiday in the park

2023-Bizarro repainted and renamed/themed to Chupacabra and added to Holiday in the Park under certain conditions (guest count and temp), water coaster in HH

2024-Desert Storm (Super Air Race) replaces Twister, 50th anniversary: Museum (maybe), new shows, Bizarro is added full time to Holiday in the Park

2025-Mr. Freeze: Cold Snap (Mack Power Splash) replaces Congo Rapids (if there was no family coaster in 2022) or another flat.

Note: Next coaster would be 2026 at earliest with a family coaster in 2022 and a redo of a pre-existing one in 2023. I feel that as long as Bizarro exists, nothing huge is going to happen in Frontier Adventures

For next year, what I would love to happen would be a season of celebrations/festivals or whatever. I really want a Mardi Gras festival, no matter the season they put it in. If they were to put the festival starting the last weekend of April, they could run it until the weekend before Memorial day, giving the festival 4 weekends to run. This would be incentive for people to come to the park during that early time frame when people are not quite thinking Summer yet. Then, the following weekend would be Memorial Day, and the park could host fireworks, or not, and the crowds would still come. Starting in June, I would love to see something along the lines of what Dorney is doing with their Summer Nights/Grand Carnivale. Just some reason that folks would want to spend the night at the park. We could make Dream Street (both left and right of the fountain) a party zone, fitting in the same area that is considered the Bloody Fountain for Fright Fest. It wouldn't take much to do this; add theatrical lighting, a DJ on a platform, and play the music out of the surrounding speakers. Six Flags already has some Six Flags Dancers that do the Block Party at night so just hire a few more and have them be part of this event for the time being. 

I would say have this event go on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays as well as other select days throughout August. Then, at the end of August, host an Oktoberfest event that runs until the beginning of Fright Fest. Then you would have Fright Fest, the Bonus Weekends and Holiday in the Park. 

2 minutes ago, Louisatsweetlou said:

For next year, what I would love to happen would be a season of celebrations/festivals or whatever. I really want a Mardi Gras festival, no matter the season they put it in. If they were to put the festival starting the last weekend of April, they could run it until the weekend before Memorial day, giving the festival 4 weekends to run. This would be incentive for people to come to the park during that early time frame when people are not quite thinking Summer yet. Then, the following weekend would be Memorial Day, and the park could host fireworks, or not, and the crowds would still come. Starting in June, I would love to see something along the lines of what Dorney is doing with their Summer Nights/Grand Carnivale. Just some reason that folks would want to spend the night at the park. We could make Dream Street (both left and right of the fountain) a party zone, fitting in the same area that is considered the Bloody Fountain for Fright Fest. It wouldn't take much to do this; add theatrical lighting, a DJ on a platform, and play the music out of the surrounding speakers. Six Flags already has some Six Flags Dancers that do the Block Party at night so just hire a few more and have them be part of this event for the time being. 

I would say have this event go on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays as well as other select days throughout August. Then, at the end of August, host an Oktoberfest event that runs until the beginning of Fright Fest. Then you would have Fright Fest, the Bonus Weekends and Holiday in the Park. 

They used to go all out for Oktoberfest and Fright Fest was a lot smaller. They could make a bigger deal about Grape Adventure since the park is open that weekend into something Oktoberfest-esque with little additional cost (even if it's just for Camp Aventura where the event is held) 

Guys.  We really need a new coaster.  It’s been 4 freakin months since the last one.  Idk about y’all but I’m over gadv being screwed 

RMC T- Rex 500 footer with 12 inversions

final answer 

• Haha 3

Possible, but not probable. The idea is to use the areas that need re-development first. Until Old Country and Rolling Thunder's areas are filled, I can't see building further outward. 

I just noticed what the question says. I think Little Jonny Johansen will be the 2021 addition.

A change in strategy may be in the works.  Keep an eye on what Spanos says during the Q4 2019 and Q1 2020 Earnings Calls.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3532467-six-flags-rallies-on-activist-action

Six Flags rallies on activist action

Jan. 16, 2020 12:52 PM ET|About: Six Flags Entertainment C... (SIX)|By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor
  • Activist investor H Partners Management says it has engaged with the Six Flags Entertainment (SIX +5.7%) board after closely monitoring the recent developments with the theme park operator.
  • H Partners says the talks included the potential of a board rep.
  • H Partners holds a stake of 6.5% in Six Flags.

Interesting since H-Partners was the majority shareholder and brought the company back from bankruptcy, then started selling their interest off. Now they're becoming involved again. H-Partners also was behind efforts to merge Six Flags and Cedar Fair 10+ years ago...

2 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

Interesting since H-Partners was the majority shareholder and brought the company back from bankruptcy, then started selling their interest off. Now they're becoming involved again. H-Partners also was behind efforts to merge Six Flags and Cedar Fair 10+ years ago...

Maybe Six Flags and Cedar Fair will try again to merge soon in the future?

I think GAdv should expect a Zamperla Endeavor soon. If not next year then the year after. It's one of the few remaining flats that we don't have yet that the SF chain likes to put into most of the parks. I wouldn't be surprised if that and a kids area expansion is in store for the next 2 years at GAdv.

• Like 1

I'd say the Old Country would be a good place for either DC Super Friends or an Endevour. I can easily see an Endevour replace El Diablo and a Super Air Race replace Twister. I feel a retheme of the rapids to fit the Pine Barrens would be awesome and I'd put over a retheme to National Park or Bizarro (Nitro is Nitro and can't be touched right now).