29yrswithaGApass

NEW FOR 2020 - Jersey Devil Coaster!

@XENITH tried posting the most recent maps but his upload function isn’t working and the files are unavailable to anybody outside of his account. He really wanted to present the most recent findings so he commissioned me to post them for him. The two maps are posted below. More maps to come next weekend for the first few days of Holiday in the Park!

0CDCDF96-9D1D-46F2-AC6A-3313AD2E4265.png

431469BA-AC7E-48AF-B370-54344ED255CD.png

In addition to the aerial site maps I am creating, I have decided to make a vertical construction map from a side profile. I figured that the aerial map wouldn’t do the vertical construction progress justice in that it would be a lot more helpful to view it from a different perspective. There’s certain details you can’t capture from the aerial maps, and I think the side profiles do just that in delivering what the aerial maps do not. The map I have attached below is not yet finished but this is just a sample of what you could expect to see from these maps. Ignore the screwed up key on the bottom too, by the way. 

What I am planning on doing with this is, like the aerial maps, updating it every time new information comes out. With this map, I am currently working on building the entire coaster from footer to track first and then turning off all of the layers. As construction progresses, I will turn the layers back on to reveal the actual piece that was constructed. Since I built the track and supports in larger pieces, I will mask out (temporarily remove) the pieces that have not yet been placed and then unmask them (enable the masked piece again) to reveal the full piece. 

The top portion of this map only displays from the start of the lift to the top of the stall and cuts off. To the right of the key and below the main graphic, I will continue the rest of the ride with the exit of the stall, turn around, brake run, transfer, and station. 

If you have any additional questions, please let me know! Thank you and enjoy. 

67BFE2F5-2B91-41FF-AEAD-E81277D53E4D.png

• Like 5

Let's crank up the heat! JERSEY DEVIL COASTER construction will be moving along very swiftly here within the next few weeks! 🔥🥵

FORUM MAP 1.jpg

Edited by XENITH

I'm surprised they haven't taken down the Koala Canyon bathrooms, as it seems like it's in the way of construction. I wonder if they'll remain?

4 minutes ago, laurenalexis said:

I'm surprised they haven't taken down the Koala Canyon bathrooms, as it seems like it's in the way of construction. I wonder if they'll remain?

I don't think the bathrooms are in the way.  They will probably connect to the new plaza/path for Jersey Devil Coaster.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

I don't think the bathrooms are in the way.  They will probably connect to the new plaza/path for Jersey Devil Coaster.

Not to mention that those are some of the best bathrooms in the park. Also removing them would mean that the closest bathrooms in that area would be the bathrooms by Batman, which is a decent bit away. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Is there will be more information about Jersey Devil Coaster during Winter Adventure event aka ACE next month?

The Winter Adventure event will most likely be in January this year.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, laurenalexis said:

The Koala Canyon bathrooms will remain. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

^If you buy a Raptor now for Spring 2021, RMC will offer you a $400,000 discount.

EJ0al7kWoAEK32d.jpg

https://twitter.com/OnlineHyde/status/1197142326470172673

Which Six Flags parks can get this for 2021?
My bet is Six Flags St. Louis to get this for 2021 addition. What are you think guys?

#JerseyDevil Coaster Construction Update 11/20/19: The crew is busy digging and building boxes for the concrete footers, which is well underway near Congo Rapids. (Photos via Six Flags Great Adventure)

DAB4B430-E165-446F-B71A-F7833330B251.jpeg

72159F4F-0844-4845-938E-09ADD5E7D5F3.jpeg

13B9A6B7-9E55-406E-BCE8-EAEB3366CB15.jpeg

FAC0F9B8-577A-404F-80DC-C4D010EADD7B.jpeg

Edited by XENITH

50 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

^You should credit or provide a link to the source if these aren't your photos.

These photos are from the park themselves; you can check them out on Twitter if you have it. 

On 11/20/2019 at 3:13 PM, XENITH said:

#JerseyDevil Coaster Construction Update 11/20/19: The crew is busy digging and building boxes for the concrete footers, which is well underway near Congo Rapids. (Photos via Six Flags Great Adventure)

DAB4B430-E165-446F-B71A-F7833330B251.jpeg

72159F4F-0844-4845-938E-09ADD5E7D5F3.jpeg

13B9A6B7-9E55-406E-BCE8-EAEB3366CB15.jpeg

FAC0F9B8-577A-404F-80DC-C4D010EADD7B.jpeg

Very excited to see construction continue on the Jersey Devil Coaster! Hopefully we’ll see vertical in the coming weeks/months! 

Here is the latest JERSEY DEVIL COASTER construction site map! This one took ages to update and was by far one of the most challenging map updates I’ve completed thus far. While the pictures the park provided us with were extremely useful to updating, I scanned and analyzed each of these photos down to the inch, searching for every stake or marking or rebar shipment or wooden form I could find. Nonetheless, I will be visiting the park tomorrow so I may be able to get some better looks at the site in person. 

Analyzing the location of these current footer molds, I am beginning to think that these are for the exit of the Raven inversion into the first camelback airtime hill, as that section of the ride does include some funky shaping as it weaves through the structure.  It is also highly plausible that this could be for the drop off of the midcourse or the top of the dive loop. However, given the current information we have now, it is tough to predict the exact circumstance. But again; I’ll have to get some better looks once I go to the park tomorrow (technically today, Saturday). 

I can vividly remember how excited I was to finally see even one stake on site; even if it was just for construction road stabilization and some new gravel. However, there are now too many stakes to even count and their locations are becoming more and more difficult to pinpoint. The pictures the park provided also contain many inconsistencies, since they were all taken at different times (the most recent picture is the 2nd one from the top on my post, based on the fact that it is the only picture with all 5 footer molds in it). 

Overall, I am very happy with how this one came out, especially considering how challenging it was. I am aiming to push out about 3-5 more maps before the end of the month, but that will be dependent on who I know is visiting and how much information is shared by the park through both written iterations and through images. Nonetheless, I am eager to watch this new ride begin to rise up here in the coming months!

Thank you and enjoy!

7113610A-79A0-4D19-A8B3-FA38F8198678.jpeg

• Like 5

Thank you for the effort you are putting towards creating these maps! They really are awesome to look at, and I (and I am sure many others) appreciate it!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, joeyc98 said:

Thank you for the effort you are putting towards creating these maps! They really are awesome to look at, and I (and I am sure many others) appreciate it!

You got it!

#JerseyDevil Coaster construction update 11/26/19 🚧 Excavation is moving quickly and we’re getting ready to start pouring concrete footers very soon! Unearthed some remnants from Adventure Rivers and Koala Canyon.
(Source: SFGADV Twitter)

9C53B915-FFC7-43F3-9EE2-5B75932F49FB.jpeg

BD085C78-8DBC-4950-9B92-8A69EEDB3BED.jpeg

03834599-BE93-4E82-8624-F5C70D2B6CAD.jpeg

B7251986-77FF-41A6-B7D1-270B2BC34F1E.jpeg

Some of that unearthed debris almost looks like it could be from the old Great Train Ride which traversed that area before Roaring Rapids a.k.a. Congo Rapids was built.