NEW - Jersey Devil Coaster delayed until 2021

15 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Great now we will never see what Jersey Devil Coaster looks like for entrance, queue, coaster, etc....Great work losers. I hope next is Great Adventure might postponed opening day to Spring Break or early May. Thanks a lot, coronavirus. 

Not sure who the losers are. I think its unwarranted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forum,   I am catching up on site maps at a very reasonable pace. After being a month behind, I am caught up to February 23rd as of early this morning. The current lineup of site maps goes a

Here is the latest JERSEY DEVIL COASTER construction site map! This one took ages to update and was by far one of the most challenging map updates I’ve completed thus far. While the pictures the park

Passed some supports en route to the park by KFC earlier. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I wonder after they done trackwork, station, queue, etc...they will start testing mid-late May soon, can't wait JDC will open in this June.

Given there are no further delays, JDC should begin testing by May and open by June. However, we are still unsure if crews are still active on site due to the recent outbreak. If crews have halted all work on the site, we will inevitably see more delays in this projected timeline and will probably see a later June or early-mid July opening. 

Thank you so much for the video Zach (radzadproductions)! I wasn't going to put out a new map for 3/14 due to the cancellation of Winter Adventure, but your footage and documentation actually revealed a lot!

PINE BARREN RISING 🌲 This map took a little while to make simply due to the sheer madness the crews indulged on in the last week. Crews have completed well over half of the columns in just one week after starting vertical construction and the progress is NUTS! As the map stands now, the crows nest is nearly complete, and the column work is nearly complete for the stall, zero g roll, and lift hill, as well as the valleys in between them. 

FORUM 29.jpg

BLACK WINGS OF THE RAVEN! The first large column is up for the Raven Dive element according to pictures from the Prospertown Lake! Progress on the coaster does not seem to be completely halted despite initial thoughts, however it does seem to be at a slower pace compared to before; as expected. 

FORUM 31.jpg

• Like 1

what the new area this coaster be call and what improve could be done to this area?

i like to see seaport eats demolished for a gift shop and nitro rethemed to fit the new area but keep the name maybe a dark forest theme for the rapids

Edited by harry2004
1 minute ago, harry2004 said:

what the new area this coaster be call and what improve could be done to this area?

i like to see seaport eats demolished for a gift shop and nitro rethemed to fit the new area but keep the name maybe a dark forest theme for the rapids

Revert Congo Rapids to Roaring Rapids, I still have no idea what to do with Nitro.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Pineracer said:

Revert Congo Rapids to Roaring Rapids, I still have no idea what to do with Nitro.

Everything will probably be staying as is. The area will be named Adventure Seaport as it already is, I'm pretty sure. They could call it Devil's Canyon as a nod to Koala Kanyon, though. 

Good afternoon all! I had the opportunity to visit the Prospertown/Switlik Lake near the park today and grabbed some great photos and footage of the structure. It looks absolutely beautiful from afar, and it’s only a matter of days before track begins to rise up into the sky! The tallest two columns that will support the JDC track are officially vertical, and all columns on the ride appear to be complete! Here’s some of my photos I was able to grab from the lake. 

996363F5-3649-49CF-AA46-29C37F986144.jpeg

C1071ED0-AA44-460E-83C2-BE211ABE3F4D.jpeg

443FE2A4-8985-42BD-BAE3-36E8D255F6D2.jpeg

FFED1707-65DC-4FF1-AB18-94CB19C3D375.jpeg

5EDF567C-91B3-4C33-B97C-CEBD5CE3D45C.jpeg

Edited by XENITH
  • Like 5
11 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I am curious to see if the lift hill will have walkways on both sides like most of GA’s major coasters. 

Never noticed that until you pointed that out 🤔...is it NJ state law perhaps that any coaster over a certain height requires a double catwalk?

6 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

@XENITHI'm surprise if the park opens between late April, early May or mid May, we will see they will testing trains soon. Jersey Devil is set to open in this June. Right?

Most likely not, don't count on it being open before Coaster Con

Good evening everyone! I am working on the finishing touches of the 3/18/20 map. This has taken so long partially due to the fact that an update of the site in its entirety hasn't been produced before the drone update from CoasterSpot on 3/18, and essentially an entire coaster's worth of columns were added, as well as new developments in the station/transfer areas, as well as some general updates to the map such as new textures, as well as anything else to make the site map more accurate than before. I've also decided to draw out the timelines of the maps a bit more, especially since updates aren't promised and that this drone update today could very well be the last one for a while since the shelter-in-place procedures are currently in effect across the state of New Jersey. Really trying to put my all into these next few maps and updates since another one isn't promised right now. I am planning to release the 3/18 map tomorrow or the day after, and the following maps after that follow in suit of a trilogy, starting from the 3/19 map into the 3/21 map. 

Luckily, the recent coronavirus scares have not had any drastic impacts thus far on further construction of the JERSEY DEVIL COASTER. Crews have evidently been hard at work, as per usual, in installing the final columns and supports in order for track to go in. I am anticipating trackwork to begin this week and continue throughout the next few weeks. It won't be long before the parks are back open and we will be able to watch JDC test from the midways and absolutely blaze through its layout. As TheCoasterSpot ends every video with, "we can all get through this together." 

Edited by XENITH

The five day long project is complete! We are back with a bit of general changes to the map and some outstanding progress on the all new JERSEY DEVIL COASTER! Less than 10 pier caps sit vacant as nearly all of the ride columns have been erected into the air. Crews have also begun staging track on the adjacent access road to prepare for trackwork (hopefully) soon! Work has also continued on the station and maintenance area of the ride, as the pier cap forms are in for the ride's exit ramp and crews have begun excavating for the maintenance storage shed. 

**I've just noticed that this map is number 2/5 in the longest streak of maps to date, starting at 3/17 and spanning 5 DAYS all the way through 3/21! Three more maps to complete and then that will wrap us up for a while. Enjoy!

FORUM 32.jpg

• Like 1

I am currently working on the 3/21 map, I will post the 3/20 map below but... I don't know if I'm going crazy but two columns on the coaster have disappeared according to this drone update. Two of the support columns leading out of the camelback airtime hill have been removed...I even went back to prior videos to see if they had even gone in in the first place. The two columns were installed, and are now mysteriously removed. In the 3/21 source video from TheCoasterSpot, the only other columns left on site belong to the crows nest. Those two columns have not only disappeared from their pier caps but they are gone from the site completely...who can solve this mystery?

Edit: I just noticed another column that has been removed; one of the columns leading out of the first drop. I feel like I'm going insane.

FORUM 34.jpg

Edited by XENITH
  • 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to NEW - Jersey Devil Coaster delayed until 2021