29yrswithaGApass

NEW - Jersey Devil Coaster delayed until 2021

Here’s some cool pics I grabbed today:

251C4B71-081D-4C8C-902A-B2CB8AF4887D.jpeg.8cd11827ed24674e429ab56090288a79.jpeg

This is the desolate road to the park on what would’ve been a busy opening weekend. Absolutely surreal seeing this road and the entrance to the park gated off and completely deserted. 
958D3028-99DE-4E03-9135-DEE0DB1980C7.jpeg.a38818b7b0a301385c8c5f7d6512b283.jpeg

A great overview of the coaster progress so far. The track stands out like crazy from afar and the orange is such a great contrast to the other rides near it like Nitro, Batman, and Joker. 
A1665943-441D-49A1-B9E0-E0C31E3DD502.jpeg.4b5e2aeae86e85bb73aada044ecc1fcd.jpeg

Here’s where crews have stopped as of today. From about column 12 up to column 52 has been completely tracked, which includes the valley of the first drop, raven dive, camelback, stall, and entrance to the crows nest. 
4747D254-B148-4749-97D3-E35C1EBB648E.jpeg.512cecf5614775dbde128abe133e983f.jpeg

Through the trees here you can see the entrance leading into the crows nest out of the stall. This was a very pleasant surprise from my trip, as I was not expecting crews to have this much of the ride done! 
654E7269-DB48-4A93-B9C8-2FEE31F9DDEB.jpeg.508d9d5bd83b76397d7c5b5fe2d98d4b.jpeg

Here’s one last look at the whole ride from afar in some absolutely breathtaking lighting from the sky. Can’t wait to see progress on the coaster in the coming weeks as crews wrap up track work and testing can hopefully begin soon! 

• Like 4

Raven-tracked PARTY MONSTER! This one took a little bit longer than I had liked but a little more time on the map doesn’t hurt, especially with nothing much else to do 😄 The raven dive is nearly complete as crews are absolutely HAULING on the construction site! At the north end, crews have begun the pull out of the insane raven dive element and have begun staging more track for future uses. At the south end, we have tons of electrical work occurring for the ride's control unit and vertical progress on the maintenance/storage shed. In the middle of the layout, there are still three missing columns mysteriously removed and nowhere to be found, which is still heavily suspicious. Anyway, progress is greatly advancing as we are all heavily anticipating the next moves on this groundbreaking new attraction! Thanks and have a good night (or morning, technically)!

FORUM 37.jpg

Edited by XENITH
  • Like 3

LOTS of maps coming out today and through this next week. Here's the site map for 3/27 with tons of new track on the raven dive!

FORUM 38.jpg

• Like 1

Camel-backing into Koala Canyon! Here's the site map for March 30th and the final one for the month of March. Ready to spring into April!

FORUM 39.jpg

• Like 2

Each update just gets better and better! If there’s good speed going into that turn around (which I’m sure there will be) the laterals are gonna be insane. TBH, This might take El Toro’s crown...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Nonessential construction stops Friday at 8 PM.  Looks like Jersey Devil will come to a halt. 

Wow. At least they are ending with the bang, as I’m sure they made more progress than any of us could have anticipated with these global events happening simultaneously. It was a good run, but hopefully construction will resume again in the coming months. We’ll be back at the parks before we know it 🙂

11 hours ago, XENITH said:

Wow. At least they are ending with the bang, as I’m sure they made more progress than any of us could have anticipated with these global events happening simultaneously. It was a good run, but hopefully construction will resume again in the coming months. We’ll be back at the parks before we know it 🙂

Honestly as long as it's a faster construction than what was built at our Western counterpart (WCR at MM) I'm happy. That being said, the progress was really good, shame that it has to end for the time being.

16 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

The president said the country will be reopen soon after April 30th, JDC will be resume progress soon.

Accept the fact that COVID19 will cause society to collapse. By April 30th, people will be fighting each other for a tank of guzzolene. At best, people will modify JD into a Thunderdome! 

Edited by The Master

"This creature never sees the light, it's always stalking in the night. Is that a shadow that you see? A haunting vision in the trees."

The period from Monday, March 2, 2020, through Friday, April 10, 2020, has been formally recognized as a pivotal, odd-defying, and historical mark in the timeline of the JERSEY DEVIL COASTER. From front to back throughout the past six weeks, construction teams have erected well over two-hundred supports that bear the plethora of scorching orange single-rail track from the initial 87-degree drop's valley through the bottom of the southern turnaround element, or "crows nest." A blanket of pier caps that coated and warmed the site with optimism and joy transformed into a steel curtain that drapes the lakefront skyline in the virtual blink of an eye. Whether you are attending to the project on-site or an inquisitive onlooker admiring from afar, the universally observable presence of such a menacing and twisted machine so prominent is downright intimidating — from the maniacal and devilish torsions of the "raven dive" to the haunting camelbacks that lurk havoc in the distance. 

During this historical run, an unprecedented and unfortunate series of global events began to transpire that suddenly put our routine lives to an abrupt halt. However, construction teams never faltered in building up more and more momentum week in and week out. From the first vertical columns to crews hoisting the first pieces of orange track into place, there was an inferred yet undeniable affirmation that life must go on, and indeed it did. The coaster as it proudly stands today prevails as a symbol of light amid this horrible global crisis — a symbol of proof through these dark times that our peace is still there.  

As a commemorative token of our gratitude and reverence, we are elated to present these accolades to the outstanding and honorable teams at Rocky Mountain Construction, Maser Consulting, Force Concrete, Sunrise Unlimited, TNC & Co, and the Six Flags Maintenance and Engineering department for their limitless dedication to the project, as well as Jessica Torres and Foeshig Productions for consistently documenting the extensive progress in the rising of the JERSEY DEVIL COASTER. We thank you for your unrivaled commitment and drive to allow such a project to come to fruition during these rather stressful times in life. Your meaningful efforts will continue to shine as the brightest beacon of comfort and encouragement even in the absence of light — a star in the darkness and a milestone in frustration — to help us through this conflict. However, even a "thank you" does not suffice in most accurately portraying the tireless endeavor and diligence of the crews and the resounding influence they have established beyond the boundaries of the familiar landscape.

Presented by XENITH.WAV on behalf of the coaster enthusiast community and the fans of Six Flags Great Adventure at the finale of this unforgettable run.
April 10, 2020

PLAQUE_STDD.thumb.jpg.598ea679b6933fa89dd41a49fa9975b1.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Is Jersey Devil is still gonna open at the park this year? Some Six Flags parks cancelled/delayed to 2021 for rides like Discovery Kingdom.

If the park doesn't open at all, yes. It's too far along to cancel and Great Adventure is still on the higher end of the chain so they still would try and open it this year

I think the park could try use year round weekend ops like SFFT and SFOT if they want to this year. I still feeling June/July most likely to the park opening.

I'd say Jan 2/3 and weekends in March, anything else would be too cold or just plain too risky or not worth it in the end. They could do Open Houses (ex. Winter Adventure, visiting their animal care facilities, behind the scenes tours) in the off season weather dependent.

I think the park could try use year round weekend ops like SFFT and SFOT if they want to this year. I still feeling June/July most likely to the park opening.

I personally think that parks will almost definitely be open in July.  Apparently, Disney has tons of PPE that they would hand out to their guests, and they’ll be ready to open soon (I don’t have direct evidence of this, it’s something I heard).

Do you think what Jersey Devil will resume work next month?

I hope it will.  I remember hearing somewhere that the ride can be considered unstable, which would mean construction needs to resume, but who knows at this point.

3 minutes ago, coliwood_studios said:

I hope it will.  I remember hearing somewhere that the ride can be considered unstable, which would mean construction needs to resume, but who knows at this point.

The ride may have been unstable before trackwork, but now that the majority of track is in I'm not sure this stands too much to reason anymore. Governor Murphy also included in his declaration of the non-essential construction cease that exceptions would include "other limited instances." If crews working on the coaster can scale back crews even further than already present, they may be able to continue. Even though this is ultimately less efficient, at least work can possibly continue. 

Edited by XENITH

1 minute ago, XENITH said:

The ride may have been unstable before trackwork, but now that the majority of track is in I'm not sure this stands too much to reason anymore. Governor Murphy also included in his declaration of the non-essential construction cease that exceptions would include "other limited instances." If crews working on the coaster can scale back crews even further than already present, they may be able to continue. Even though this is ultimately less efficient, at least work can possibly continue. 

Hopefully this is the case

Does think they could able to continue next week or next month to open ride late summer?

Construction may not even halt but we will have to wait and see if the coaster is included in the exemptions. If they remain on schedule, the coaster should be ready to open when the park opens (whenever that may be, whether it is summer, fall, winter, or beyond that).

We will find it out next week if they can continue their work on Jersey Devil.

Absolutely. If crews can manage a decent number as safely and respectably as possible, they can continue at their normal rate and this coaster should be completed in no time. 

I can't get this coaster off my mind I'm so hyped for it hopefully we can get back to the park soon to ride this.

According to recently leaked information on coaster forums, Six Flags Magic Mountain will be getting something similar to JDC in 2021. 

35 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

According to recently leaked information on coaster forums, Six Flags Magic Mountain will be getting something similar to JDC in 2021. 

Right! It will feature the same ride layout with the only modifications being a right hand turn out of the station before the lift hill, and a couple more elements at the end to adjust for the modified brake run. Should be a fun ride! Speaking of just JERSEY DEVIL COASTER, I could see it being cloned a few more times as well, since its layout and footprint is very thin and long, which a lot of parks can conform to.