29yrswithaGApass

NEW - Jersey Devil Coaster delayed until 2021

Since JERSEY DEVIL COASTER will debut in 2021, what if the park did a first-rider auction ride event like Kings Island did with Orion. For every person who raises a certain amount of money ($150 or so) for a given COVID-19 relief fund, they will be granted early access to ride JERSEY DEVIL COASTER before the rest of the general public. Not only would this allow eager riders to get on the coaster before the masses, but the park would also raise money for a great cause. The park could hold the media day, then the fundraiser event, then the membership and pass holder previews, and then the public opening. What do you all think about this idea?

1 hour ago, XENITH said:

Since JERSEY DEVIL COASTER will debut in 2021, what if the park did a first-rider auction ride event like Kings Island did with Orion. For every person who raises a certain amount of money ($150 or so) for a given COVID-19 relief fund, they will be granted early access to ride JERSEY DEVIL COASTER before the rest of the general public. Not only would this allow eager riders to get on the coaster before the masses, but the park would also raise money for a great cause. The park could hold the media day, then the fundraiser event, then the membership and pass holder previews, and then the public opening. What do you all think about this idea?

That’s a great idea!

So I was working on the next JDC 8mm project and I made a "happy accident," in the words of Mr. Bob Ross. I ended up making a pretty eerie edit of JERSEY DEVIL COASTER at night. It kind of looks like an album cover if you ask me. **Turn your computer or phone brightness all the way up for the best quality**

JDC_NIGHT_FINAL.jpg

Edited by XENITH
  • Like 1

CoasterForce recently toured the RMC headquarters and posted a trip report.

https://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/antinos-2020-thread-silverwood-and-remaining-sights-whole-report-complete.44288/#post-1090155

A couple of things related to Jersey Devil Coaster:

RMC's Raptor prototype had been scrapped about one week prior to our visit. It sounds like they put some mileage on it, as they did a lot of ongoing product development on it in addition to the initial development that took place for Wonder Woman and Railblazer (Also, because they're located next to an airport, they needed to gain FAA approval to build the prototype as it breached the height ceiling, and their waiver had recently expired). From what we were told, they are essentially on generation two for the Raptor product already. Although Jersey Devil's trains look nearly identical to its predecessors', basically everything underneath the fiberglass has been redesigned to the point where the chassis more closely resemble the gen 2 hybrid "swing axle" trains introduced in 2018.

Although SFGAdv recently announced that Jersey Devil will open in 2021, RMC still does not have any timeline for when they will actually finish Jersey Devil or Iron Gwazi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/12/2020 at 3:53 AM, Gyrotron said:

Can anyone explain how the gen 2 hybrid "swing axle" trains are? How do you think this will affect the ride of JDC versus how Railblazer and Wonder Woman are?

I believe the 2nd Gen Swing Axle trains allow for more tighter and intense elements. (Someone correct me if I’m wrong)