Medusa42

Cedar Fair Additions for 2021

This is the place to discuss 2021 news, rumors, and predictions for all Cedar Fair parks.

Rules:

1) Feel free to post 2021 park predictions, but please do not post five year or multi-year park plan predictions.

Parks:

California's Great America:

Canada's Wonderland:

Carowinds:

Cedar Point:

Dorney Park:

Kings Dominion:

Kings Island:

Knott's Berry Farm:

Michigan's Adventure:

Valleyfair:

Worlds of Fun:

Water Parks:

Cedar Point Shores:

Knott's Soak City:

Schlitterbahn Galveston:

Schlitterbahn New Braunfels:

On 11/5/2019 at 9:59 PM, Medusa42 said:

Kings Dominion appears to be getting a small B&M Wing coaster for 2021.

https://kdfans.com/2019/wing-coaster-leak/

At first I was underwhelmed, this layout made X-Flight look like a long ride. But then I looked at the aerial of X-Flight and compared it. They look relatively similar in length, but X-Flight is about 20 feet taller. I hope that KD brings back the loop, and final helix, to "complete" the layout. As it stands, it's just a drop (counts as an inversion) and then four back-to-back inversions with a single helix included.

image.thumb.png.0c31524e86cfec3bb4e84813dbc3096b.png.b4f3f5ad127ea289c70cd84a4527fcb0.png

CoasterLayout

Edited by Gyrotron
Rotated satellite image clockwise.

New coaster for Dorney Park!!
https://southwhitehall.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/2020.03.30-CD-PLANNING-PC-Public-Notice-EPP-16Apr20-1.pdf

DORNEY PARK ATTRACTION
MAJOR PLAN 2020-102
REQUEST FOR PRELIMINARY/FINAL PLAN REVIEW
An application to further develop the property located at 3830 Dorney Park Road. The plan proposes to remove an existing attraction, construct a new attraction, associated walkways and access drives, and relocate a portion of the existing Zephyr train ride. The new attraction will be approximately 106 feet tall (419.5 feet above MSL). The project proposes a net reduction of impervious surface. The property is zoned CR Commercial Recreation. Dorney Park LLC is the owner and applicant.

Site Plan: https://southwhitehall.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Dorney-Park-Attraction-Master-Site-Development-Plan-Sheet.pdf

This appears to be a bigger version of Switchback at ZDT's.

Edited by Medusa42
  • Like 1

It looks to be next to Possessed, but Possessed it not shown, could Possessed be getting relocated to Great America?

I'm glad to see a new coaster, but at the same time am a little disappointed to see it replacing an existing coaster after already losing Stinger a few years ago.

On the other hand, I can understand why they would remove Possessed. Besides the high operating costs of the launches, the coaster has never been reliable. It seems like the coaster has at least some downtime on most of my trips to the park.

3 hours ago, Pineracer said:

It looks to be next to Possessed, but Possessed it not shown, could Possessed be getting relocated to Great America?

They will probably just scrap Possessed.  There is a saw cut and new curb in the site plan where the ride entrance is.

Supposedly it was now removed from the agenda. If true it’s a solid sign 2021 is going to be real lite on the addition front. Not surprising in these uncertain times. 

Edited by Sluggo77

Screamscape reports that there are rumors that CF may close all of its parks for the season after Labor Day. Would not be surprised if that happens to Dorney.