Holiday in the Park 2020 is a GO!

I am disappointed that the park has Holiday in the Park ending on Friday, January 1st.  Last time (in 2015) when New Year's Day was on a Friday they remained open until Sunday, January 3rd.

There is just something about going to GA in January that is so cool (outside of the weather!).

1. Six Flags Fun, buy them a dome.

2. I could see this as a cost cutting measure as I've heard Six Flags New England's, despite being busy, hasn't been performing to expectations 

• 5 months later...
13 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

If we do have Holiday in the Park this year, I would imagine meeting Santa is out.

msg-2387-0-47517900-1465360352%20copy.jp

People will be pissed if they can't. Knoebles is doing a drive through event. Great Adventure could do that. They already reopened the Safari this year so they could do winter lights again.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

It’s on!!!!

A68C2817-389F-4BE5-8B9E-4B4A5B216B93.jpeg

Wonder how that will work this year with the indoor facilities and attractions being restricted which at that time of the year with the chilly weather you really need them. Lots of people gathering indoors is still a big no no. However, in cold weather people need indoor heated places to warm up for a spell, especially after harsh windchills on the outdoor coasters. Maybe they will set up heated tents? 

Edited by The Master
  • Like 1

They could always use the Fest Haus & Picnic Pavilion with heaters in the ceiling but still keeping it "open" on the sides for dining/events. That would give some protection from the weather while still being open for air flow for safety. They used them for Winter Lights.

20034222%20copy.jpg

• Like 1

Depending on if we have the second wave the health experts warn about, I'd say there is still a chance that this doesn't happen at all, especially if they can't do any indoor things

Maybe they can find a way to make it a drive-through type event like what they did with Winter Lights in the early 2000s

Edited by SFGadv123

The only indoor activities will be closed are the show in Showcase Theatre, Houdini, JL, and the Mirror Maze.  All other indoor facilities like restaurants, stores, and arcades can be open (with limited capacity).  Add the outdoor heaters and fire pits and it offers plenty of places to stay warm.  Besides, this is 2020.  It will probably be 83 degrees and sunny.  

I was at the park today and Justice League was open! I didn't go on the ride because I didn't particularly feel comfortable and I think I wasn't the only one because Nitro's line was spilling onto the midway whereas Justice League's line was right at the entrance to the indoor queue.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2020 at 6:24 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I am disappointed that the park has Holiday in the Park ending on Friday, January 1st.  Last time (in 2015) when New Year's Day was on a Friday they remained open until Sunday, January 3rd.

There is just something about going to GA in January that is so cool (outside of the weather!).

UPDATE:  The park will be open until January 3rd, 2021 for Holiday in the Park!

• Like 2