Up_Up_and_Away

Misc GA Mumblings

Yesterday I found a lot by Bizarro and near the bridge connecting Bizarro to Toro. I did see it in the golden kingdom as well. In Ka's queue it's all over, I almost rubbed against it actually on accident.

I would say someone should report this if its that bad, but then again, not sure if they would do anything about it.

• Like 1

Over the past weekend we were camping in Lancaster PA and when I went to the edge of the woods to look for some firewood to burn, I noticed all these plants that had "leaves of three", so I immediately walked away before I got any poison ivy on me! The other issue I have when camping and hiking in NJ is the number of ticks everywhere. I wonder if GA ever has issues with those? They usually are in tall grass and undergrowth, so it might not be of concern at an amusement park.

Edited by dougdrummer
  • Like 1

I have been reading articles that are saying deer ticks are going to be an issue this year.

Edited by Mrpq

I have been reading articles that are saying deer ticks are going to be an issue this year.

Already picked 7 off of myself this year. Few years ago I had one in the corner of my eye.

Only safe way I know of to getting rid of poison ivy is to spray it with weed and grass killer. I tried the dedicated poison ivy killer they sell but I found it is not as effective as weed and grass killer.

Edited by The Master

I finally saw some commercials for the park on TV this year during a Phillies broadcast (and with the way the Phillies are playing, the commercials are way more entertaining). One was for the coasters and Zumanjaro VR and the 2nd commercial,during the same break was for season passes and showed more family rides.

Anyone know what the price is to upgrade daily admission to a season pass this year?

Anyone know what the price is to upgrade daily admission to a season pass this year?

I guess it depends on what pass you go for. I have never done it but I expect it is the difference in the ticket price that was paid and the level of season pass purchased. I haven't looked up the prices for a day pass and the different passes but it is on the web site.

I just looked at the site. There is a holiday deal right now. The Combo Pass is $89.99 and the Gold Combo Pass is $93.99. I think a 1 day ticket on-line is 59.99 so it would be $30 or $34.

Edited by scott

just pulled one off my dog, who has one of the best tick repellent collars made....ugh

In case anyone else was curious, it was $42 to upgrade from standard admission.

In case anyone else was curious, it was $42 to upgrade from standard admission.

What did you pay for admission? Standard admission is $74.99.

Was the $42 and $50 both including tax and fees?

That is about the difference to upgrade at the current pricing.

What did you pay for admission? Standard admission is $74.99.

I wonder how many people actually pay the $74.99?

That looks awesome, especially when the ride moves with the fireworks shooting off from the swings.

Our Swing Ride Would Have To Be At Least 400 ft Tall For The Park To Even Consider This. Also This Is A Huge Safety Hazard With All The Trees And Paths. I Don't Think This Will Ever Come To The Park.

The Veggie Caprese sandwich at the new Metro Grill is unbelievable. So so delicious and very light.

I should have tried it. Instead I got a chicken parm sandwich at Johnny Rockets, which was pretty good. Although the fries were cold and the croutons in my wife's caesar salad were mushy. And it took 15 minutes just to get the food prepared, even though there was no one else in line....

After last weeks trip to Cedar Point, it makes me realize how badly Six Flags needs to step their game up. Spend time walking around CP for 3 days and seeing how well kept the park, it made me realize how badly Great Adventure needs a make over. Every time you turned around you saw employs sweeping, wiping down gates, pulling weeds, cleaning windows. I cant say there was one ride or structure that looked old or run down. Great adventure just seems run down in comparison and there is no need for it to be that way

• Like 1

After last weeks trip to Cedar Point, it makes me realize how badly Six Flags needs to step their game up. Spend time walking around CP for 3 days and seeing how well kept the park, it made me realize how badly Great Adventure needs a make over. Every time you turned around you saw employs sweeping, wiping down gates, pulling weeds, cleaning windows. I cant say there was one ride or structure that looked old or run down. Great adventure just seems run down in comparison and there is no need for it to be that way

Agree totally. The one thing that bothers me the most is the number of buildings/structures that sit there unused for a majority of the season. For instance, the building that hosts Santa during HITP just sits there unused the rest of the year. The old Autobahn is another disaster, along with the old Stunt Show arena (a white elephant of epic proportions). Even the lakefront area is a mess. They recently put up new posts and chains to keep people from accessing the shoreline. There is absolutely nothing to do or see within that whole stretch of park. This just makes no sense. It's like leaving a section of Manhattan abandoned, even though it is some of the most valuable land on the planet.

Stop spending millions to bring in the most radical rides, and spend a few bucks to address maintenance and aesthetics. This is why people love parks like Knoebels, because it has a beautiful setting that makes so many want to go back time and time again to enjoy the experience. When I think of Great Adventure, I think of steel and concrete, and sweating profusely while walking along acres of unshaded pavement (of which there is no consistency throughout the park). I know one can make the argument that these epic rides is what brings in the customers, but if that is the case why hasn't attendance increased since the 1990's, when all this expansion started to take place? I think they are tailoring the park to only a certain type and age of people, and ignoring all the rest of the demographics from which they could draw significant attendance.

I think JL was a good step in that direction, but they won't see the full potential because they placed it in an isolated area of the park with not much else around it.