Up_Up_and_Away

Misc GA Mumblings

Has anyone tried this yet?

https://mobile-ar.reality.news/news/snapchat-takes-trip-amusement-park-with-ar-for-disney-universal-six-flags-0185758/

According to a company spokesperson, Snapchat now offers geofenced Snapchat Lenses at Disney, Universal, and Six Flags/Warner Bros. parks. The Lenses, which reflect the intellectual property of each parent company, will be available in the carousel once users enter participating parks.

Finally, at Six Flags parks across the US and Mexico, as well as the new Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi opening on July 24, a Superman face effect and 3D Bitmoji Lens (originally presented to commemorate the character's 80th anniversary earlier this year) will be available to thrill seekers. This is the first on-location Snapchat experience for Six Flags parks.

43 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

Finally, at Six Flags parks across the US and Mexico, as well as the new Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi opening on July 24, a Superman face effect and 3D Bitmoji Lens (originally presented to commemorate the character's 80th anniversary earlier this year) will be available to thrill seekers. This is the first on-location Snapchat experience for Six Flags parks.

so is it means that warner bros is going to get six flags again?

i hope they team up again like they did back in 1991

I saw multiple times this week the park posting around 1-2pm that Hurricane Harbor reached capacity and closed the gates. Maybe I just haven't paid attention but did this usually happen other years? I've been hearing from a lot of people that HH has been poorly run this year (though that seems to be the case every year)

• Like 1

The past few almost any weekend with warm weather the water park reached capacity.

On 7/6/2018 at 9:35 AM, SFGadv123 said:

I saw multiple times this week the park posting around 1-2pm that Hurricane Harbor reached capacity and closed the gates. Maybe I just haven't paid attention but did this usually happen other years? I've been hearing from a lot of people that HH has been poorly run this year (though that seems to be the case every year)

That must have been godawful there during those days. HH has never been ran well. 

The days it hit capacity were also the same days that massive heat wave hit the area. I'm positive that is what caused overloads of people to go there. I know on July 3rd, the dry park was not very busy at all, while I'm pretty sure Hurricane Harbor hit capacity.

This maybe a little farfetched,but I think Great Adv. should get Domino's to repave the parking lot,and then advertise it as "the world's largest Domino's Hot Spot".Domino's then could have a food truck that cruises the parking lot selling pre-made pizzas!

16 hours ago, ericthewanderer said:

This maybe a little farfetched,but I think Great Adv. should get Domino's to repave the parking lot,and then advertise it as "the world's largest Domino's Hot Spot".Domino's then could have a food truck that cruises the parking lot selling pre-made pizzas!

now thats weird but funny

Edited by harry2004

19 hours ago, ericthewanderer said:

Better be careful about that, Domino's has a history of running people over.

The most recent television commercials only refer to the park as SixFlags and do not mention the words Great Adventure at all. I am hoping that is only because it is part of a nationwide campaign tied in with Coca-Cola. 

• Sad 1

ok heres a question

what if chick fil a teams up with six flags

like how cedar fair did

Edited by harry2004

SFA had Chickfilla the last time I was there. 

I was looking at the operating calendar, Tuesday September 11th has been added as another day the park is open, 10:30 - 8:00.

Membership Rewards was supposed to launch on the 30th, but it doesn't work yet. If you try to register through the Member Portal there's an error, so no one has accumulated any points yet. 😒

It feels like they're starting Fright Fest earlier this year.  For some reason, I thought there were two "bonus weekends" between end of daily ops and start of Fright Fest.  Or I could just be misremembering. 

Fright Fest is a huge draw for the park. They are smart to capitalize on it and bring in the extra attendance which they would not if they just had just filler weekends.

After all, if Disney World can start Halloween in mid August then mid-September is not out of line. 

On a sidenote, I think this is the first time that Fright Fest will begin with Hurricane Harbor still open! 

I just hope that when we visit in December the park is open. We missed out on SFOG and GA because of snow last December... :(

Found this at Screamscape this morning:

Park News - (9/10/18) I'm not sure how true this is, but an odd rumor came in over the weekend claiming that El Diablo could leave at the end of the 2018 season. Anyone else heard this, or is it complete nonsense? Personally I’m not buying it just yet...

Could Super Loop could move to near by Justice League and Cyborg and themed to DC anyways in 2019?

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

1 hour ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Park News - (9/10/18) I'm not sure how true this is, but an odd rumor came in over the weekend claiming that El Diablo could leave at the end of the 2018 season. Anyone else heard this, or is it complete nonsense? Personally I’m not buying it just yet...

Could Super Loop could move to near by Justice League and Cyborg and themed to DC anyways in 2019?

Unfortunately I think the claim is true.  I’ve heard from multiple people in management that this will be moving to La Ronde as their new for 2019 attraction- “Chaos”.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I'm not buying it just yet. But I would welcome it in Metropolis as I thought the placement was an afterthought and it being in Metropolis would be a better fit. Of course themed different.

2 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I could see Six Flags upgrading the older loops with the features of the new loops installed in 2018, which are quieter and have a computer controlled cycle instead of a joystick.

Edited by Medusa42

if el diablo moved to metropolis, i could see it retheme to what pineracer been saying, the flash speed force, and used the space for 2 flat rides, one flat reusing el diablo name and a zamperla sombrero with another walkway to golden kingdom

Edited by harry2004

I’m hoping that removing Diablo is the official start of land clearing for a new coaster. They promised something exciting was going to replace RT. Hopefully 2020 is when they deliver on that promise.