Up_Up_and_Away

Misc GA Mumblings

I have absolutely no basis for my comment, but I find it hard to believe that the economics makes sense to move El Diablo. This is not a high budget ride, and I would have to think that the cost of demantling, shipping, and re-installing El Diablo is just not worth it.

i remember 2 seasons ago, there is a cartoon network banner about the powerpuff girls and teen titans go crossover, could this be the beginning of six flags being bought by warnermedia?, the song from willy wonka is playing in main street area, willy wonka arcade games in both game center and studio 28 arcade, suicide squad themed scare zone in six flags magic mountain, the use of harley quinn in suicide squad form, animaniacs meet and greet areas (picture below),

animaniacs_valencia.jpg

impreactical jokers (which is a warner bros show) ads in the congo rapids, and now superman vr in both six flags and warner bros theme parks!?!?!?!?!?!?!, i love to see warnermedia to buy six flags, they could do better theming, shows, special events, meet and greets, and promotions for upcoming movies.

Edited by harry2004

^No, I don’t see AT&T (owner of warnermedia) buying Six Flags.  They would just make memberships more confusing by locking people into multi-year contracts when you bundle your Six Flags membership with cell phone/internet/tv/and home phone service.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

^ but comcast owns universal, and comcast owns xfinity which is a cable service

Edited by harry2004

Went to the park today and saw there was some large emergency response setup in the drop off lot. Big tents and several large camper bunks. 

Edited by The Master

I would imagine its a gathering/staging area for sending help to the Carolinas.  It was on the news tonight that teams are heading that way to be on standby after the storm.

On 9/10/2018 at 4:40 PM, harry2004 said:

i remember 2 seasons ago, there is a cartoon network banner about the powerpuff girls and teen titans go crossover, could this be the beginning of six flags being bought by warnermedia?, the song from willy wonka is playing in main street area, willy wonka arcade games in both game center and studio 28 arcade, suicide squad themed scare zone in six flags magic mountain, the use of harley quinn in suicide squad form, animaniacs meet and greet areas (picture below),

animaniacs_valencia.jpg

impreactical jokers (which is a warner bros show) ads in the congo rapids, and now superman vr in both six flags and warner bros theme parks!?!?!?!?!?!?!, i love to see warnermedia to buy six flags, they could do better theming, shows, special events, meet and greets, and promotions for upcoming movies.

Which park has the Animaniacs at? My kids love them.  I remember a long time ago (late 90's) they were there. I was also groped by Wacko lol (there's a picture floating around here somewhere)

the park where the picture being taken from is six flags magic mountain

Edited by harry2004

If El Diablo are removed, will Great Adventure replaces with a giant super loop similar to SFGam and SFOT in next year as second addition to Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth so we will have two new flat rides for 2019 at SFGadv?

5 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

If El Diablo are removed, will Great Adventure replaces with a giant super loop similar to SFGam and SFOT in next year as second addition to Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth so we will have two new flat rides for 2019 at SFGadv?

No Sir, not gonna happen.

6 minutes ago, scott said:

No Sir, not gonna happen.

Um, Skywarp Eclipse? Maybe? In the future? Great Adventure could get another super loop instead a giant one or Skywarp in the future...

21 hours ago, ericthewanderer said:

In another forum I saw pictures of Cedar Point's sky ride gondolas decorated to look like jack-o-lanterns.I wish Great Adv. would do something like that!

Do you have a link?

2 hours ago, SkellySkeletor said:

Anyone know how to sign up for the Rewards program? Just activated my Platinum pass at the park yesterday and I can't find anywhere on the mypass.sixflags to register.

Go to the Membership Portal - https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/manage-pass

Hit Update Account link.

Box for Rewards Program enrollment should be on the bottom of that page.

On 9/4/2018 at 1:25 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

On a sidenote, I think this is the first time that Fright Fest will begin with Hurricane Harbor still open! 

I have to say, it was very bizarre to see people waiting on line for slides while on my way into the park Sunday afternoon for Fright Fest 😆

23 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

After taking another look I noticed the "fakeness" of it,but then again,couldn't Great Adv. or Cedar Point actually do that?I mean there where plenty of times Great Adv. put advertisements on coaster trains...... 

13 hours ago, SkellySkeletor said:

Only box that's there is about special offer emails. What did i do wrong? Is it because other people are on the account?

Don't know.  Why don't you go hit up the chat feature and ask one of the SF folks to give you a hand.

18 hours ago, ericthewanderer said:

After taking another look I noticed the "fakeness" of it,but then again,couldn't Great Adv. or Cedar Point actually do that?I mean there where plenty of times Great Adv. put advertisements on coaster trains...... 

It wouldn't be that hard to have some designs printed on the material used for car wraps.  It might take a while to install on each gondola and probably wouldn't be worth the effort for the short amount of time it would be up each year.

Screamscape is reporting that King Cobra is starting to get removed. Can anyone visiting the park this weekend try and look at Hurricane Harbor on their way in to confirm if that's what it looks like?

i like to see thunder rapids in its place of king cobra

20 hours ago, lynn41103 said:

Screamscape is reporting that King Cobra is starting to get removed. Can anyone visiting the park this weekend try and look at Hurricane Harbor on their way in to confirm if that's what it looks like?

I wasn’t at the park personally but I know people who did see King Cobra disassembled on Wednesday.

We were there on Sunday. I can't say they were dismantling it as there wasn't anyone there, but it's been closed for a while. The queue line is completely gone. There was large slabs of concrete ripped up as well. large.20180916_125429.jpg.c2f6245a0b10dce377a7f4249f62b2c5.jpglarge.20180916_125436.jpg.44e48edc7aa37d9e28c7c2883e5b0a7b.jpg

Edited by hollyferry