Misc GA Mumblings

So today was a pretty good day, got a picture with Gaten Matarazzo because he was in the park today, which was insanely awesome! The lines were short for most of the night, got on Nitro 2X, El Toro, and Superman, Superman having the longest line.

I did have a problem with the Forgotten Carnival haunted house. So I have the season trail pass, and I've been on every trail multiple times, so I know the layouts of the trails for the most part, well today on Forgotten Carnival, the actress says "Watch out for the hole" and I look down through my glasses (without moving my head) to look, and I don't even know why I looked because I knew nothing was there, but I just kept walking and she says loudly "You know, you could play along??? It's makes out job a lot easier!" and as she was saying it, I thought it was just a line for her character, but once I heard the "job" part, I turned around and said to my brother "Is she joking?" because I wasn't 100% sure.

Here's something I don't think that actress understands, we didn't pay for a trail pass to pretend or "play along", we paid to be scared, if you didn't scare us, oh well, move onto the next person, don't get mad because your joke didn't land. It's like a comedian getting mad at the audience because they're not laughing at your jokes. She kind of ruined the rest of the house, and I honestly could've believe she broke character to complain that I didn't "play along"

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for helping the site.  

I heard the weather will improve if you decide to take photos of the construction site and post them here. 

Are you Yoda?

Posted Images

I did have a problem with the Forgotten Carnival haunted house. So I have the season trail pass, and I've been on every trail multiple times, so I know the layouts of the trails for the most part, well today on Forgotten Carnival, the actress says "Watch out for the hole" and I look down through my glasses (without moving my head) to look, and I don't even know why I looked because I knew nothing was there, but I just kept walking and she says loudly "You know, you could play along??? It's makes out job a lot easier!" and as she was saying it, I thought it was just a line for her character, but once I heard the "job" part, I turned around and said to my brother "Is she joking?" because I wasn't 100% sure.

Here's something I don't think that actress understands, we didn't pay for a trail pass to pretend or "play along", we paid to be scared, if you didn't scare us, oh well, move onto the next person, don't get mad because your joke didn't land. It's like a comedian getting mad at the audience because they're not laughing at your jokes. She kind of ruined the rest of the house, and I honestly could've believe she broke character to complain that I didn't "play along"

That is so not cool

Does anybody know how strict the "No Re-entry after 8" policy? We won't be back until probably like 10.

Depends how crowds are. If they're light then they will allow re entry but if it's crowded no way are they letting it happen. When you exit feel free to ask if they're not telling you.

Depends how crowds are. If they're light then they will allow re entry but if it's crowded no way are they letting it happen. When you exit feel free to ask if they're not telling you.

Didn't end up going back, but when we were there at 6:30, it was pretty empty.

I was on Nitro this morning when the ride came to an abrupt halt on the climb hill. We then waiting until an employee walked up to chastise and threaten a gentleman for taking out his cel phone. The ride operator told (actually yelled) at the individual to hand over his phone. He then told him that he would be met by security at the exit and be fined $1,000. The guest obviously got upset, shouted some obscenities, but ultimately handed over his phone.

While I understand the policy and concern for safety, the employee did nothing more than exacerbate an already tense situation by threatening the guest with the fine, which might better have been left to security to handle. I'm not sure why the employees aren't trained a little better than they are.

Regardless, security did meet and talk to the gentlemen at the exit, as well as wrote down some information. I was just curious if the fine was just an idle threat, or if the park will actually follow through. I assume that the guest broke a state law, as Six Flags can't issue fines themselves. This would need to be turned over to law enforcement.

I've heard other employees threaten guest with sell phones out--especially on the swings, but usually the threat includes being thrown out of the park. This is the first I've heard of the $1,000 fine, which is likely the maximum penalty.

I have heard the $1000 fine mentioned before but never saw it said to anyone in particular and just heard it as a warning to everyone. I'd be happy with seeing anyone with a phone out ejected from the park and not just warned since usually people take the phone right back out as soon as the coaster train is away from the ride operators.

I completely agree that there should be no first warning, and that individuals should be immediately ejected from the park. There are signs everywhere about not having objects out on rides. Can you imagine if a phone fell from an individual riding on the swings? It could result in a serious injury or death to any passerby.

• Like 1

I completely agree that there should be no first warning, and that individuals should be immediately ejected from the park. There are signs everywhere about not having objects out on rides. Can you imagine if a phone fell from an individual riding on the swings? It could result in a serious injury or death to any passerby.

Serious injury has already happened several times at the park from falling phones! (not talking about skyscreamer specifically)

I do agree the staff should be better trained. I understand their side dealing with the general public (as I am in sales/customer service) as well, BUT I have seen some staff memebers get overlay nasty, to the point that its liek a mother yelling at her child and I do feel that is a little uncalled for. I recall one time inline for the skyscreamer. The ride op was yelling into the pa system so loaud that everyone in the line had to cover their ears. At that point just stop the ride and bring it back down, don not even bother yelling at someone to put a phone away

Serious injury has already happened several times at the park from falling phones! (not talking about skyscreamer specifically)

If the park was serious to stop loose articles on the coasters and make the rides SAFE. , they would do what moreys piers did on great nor easter and what universal does. put metal detectors or wand each guest at all coaster entrances. they announce about a zipper or buttoned pocket, most people do not have them. the park should make the ride lockers at the coasters free for the approx. time of the ride line. that's the only way to stop it. but by the looks of everything, they do not care about the riders safety.

I have seen some staff memebers get overlay nasty, to the point that its liek a mother yelling at her child and I do feel that is a little uncalled for.

Earlier this season (I think it was this year), I was trying to record the people in the Dark Knight pre-show jump when the worker slams the garbage can, and while I was doing it, a worker came over and said I wasn't allowed to record the ride, and I said "I wasn't" and I think I turned my phone so he could see what I was recording (because I wasn't recording the ride, I was recording the people who were standing in a queue line), and while I'm saying that, he just keeps talking saying he's going to get security if I do it again. Pretty sure I talked about this before on the sub.

I remember one time at Steel Force over at Dorney, they stopped the train on the lift hill, a employee came up and started yelling at me for having a smart phone out and I don't even own one! Only have a flip phone which I don't take into parks anyway. So I told him I don't have a phone on me, this was years ago before everybody had a smart phone. Probably saw somebody had one but didn't remember the right row I guess. A problem with a no warning tactic is when a ride op identifies a innocent person to kick out which is bound to happen, mistakes like that do happen.

Also I would not want metal detectors for each coaster like Universal, they are a major hassle and it makes it so I do not want to ride their coasters much. GADV already hassles guests much more than either Dorney or Hershey does.I would rather have that they ban phones past the security checkpoint outside the gates, no phones in the park period.

I dont know about banning phones in the park. I say that because god forbid there is some kind of emergancy that someone is trying to get in touch with you, what do you do if you dont have your phone? Banning phones completely is a little much in my opinion.

They could maybe how ever do this..... Geo Fence (I think that's the name)

A story came up on a local radio station about how artist (musicians) are trying to stop people from videoing a concert with a cell phone. Apparently Apple has a patent on a program that can GEO Fence an era, lets say an arena. Doing this prevents a person from using their cellphone CAMERA while they are in the building. Phone works but camera doesn't. If an amusement park can do the same and people could use phone but not work their cameras there would be no need to have a cell phone out on a ride. You could use the phone as a phone and it would be kept in the persons pocket most of the time.

here is an article

http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/30/technology/apple-patent-stop-phone-recording/

It states how the camera would be disabled if pointed at the stage but works when pointed away.

Maybe they car program it at parks that if the phone is more that 10 feet of the ground level the camera gets inactive?

Edited by Mrpq

Ahh the days of no cellphones or GoPro cameras in the park...one can only dream.

I think they need a $ bounty to ride ops for each person they catch with a phone/camera out on a ride.

I swear this is what Cedar Point does. They were like hawks looking to catch people and had no problem stopping a ride and taking the phone.

I thought that at first too but if you read the article they say it can be programmed to onlt be disabled if pointed at the stage (if its a concert) you would still be able to use the camer , just not when its pointed at the stage. Thats why I said if it could be set up to be disabled if phone goes above 10 feet off the ground (assuming when you are on a ride you are higher than ground level. If you are walking around the park the phone works fine (at ground level)