Misc GA Mumblings

Honestly I would think this would be far too expensive and time consuming for the park to have any interest in. Taking pictures of the park and posting them to social media is free advertising for the park, and while they don't want anyone to flip out their phones on coasters, they probably don't want to deal with the logistics of blocking the signal above a certain heights for the coasters but somehow differentiating between that and the Skyway and Ferris Wheel.

Plus if this works with infared and only photography the signal in certain directions it's probably not possible / feasible on a coaster anyway.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for helping the site.  

I heard the weather will improve if you decide to take photos of the construction site and post them here. 

Are you Yoda?

Posted Images

I agree with everything you said and as far as how it works I also was thinking that. but hey technology is crazy, you never know what they might come up with. They could even maybe mount an infared scanner on the train, so while you are on the train it sends the signal. Damn that seems very possible, might be pricy but possible. if this comes into real world at some point I'm gonna be pissed lol

To add to a looooong list of why the banning of Cell Phones in parks will never happen, I would be extremely annoyed not being able to take pictures. When I go to new parks I've never visited, I enjoy taking pictures of everything.

To add to a looooong list of why the banning of Cell Phones in parks will never happen, I would be extremely annoyed not being able to take pictures. When I go to new parks I've never visited, I enjoy taking pictures of everything.

That is the problem, people end up taking pictures where they shouldn't like on rides putting others in danger. Banning phones probably won't happen but I prefer that over having to go though metal detectors everytime I ride and backing up all the lines.

No phones won't take away the metal detectors.

I wasn't talking about the front gate metal detectors (which are more for security theater than real security). Somebody suggested the park should install metal detectors at the entrance for every roller coaster like Universal did, which is a major PITA to go through everytime you want to ride. I rather the existing security checkpoint at the front of the park ban cell phones than installing additional detectors at every coaster. Likely the park, unlike Universal, would still charge for lockers if they install detectors at every coaster, a de facto pay as you ride system.

I wasn't talking about the front gate metal detectors (which are more for security theater than real security).

Really? Would you suggest they not have them? I think they serve their purpose. Getting something in isn't fool-proof, but they catch a lot of stuff.

I think all parks should be using metal detectors. Bag checks at other parks almost seem worthless and I don't like Disney's policy of randomly selecting people to go through the metal detectors (everyone should have to go through them).

I think all parks should be using metal detectors. Bag checks at other parks almost seem worthless and I don't like Disney's policy of randomly selecting people to go through the metal detectors (everyone should have to go through them).

Definitely agree with you, I only got checked 1 time out of my 5 days at Disney last January. I don't see how randomly selecting people does anything to prevent anything but what do we know lol

• 1 month later...

Anybody know what has been up with Skull Mountain lately? During the ride, its pitch black but the music doesn't play and none of the effects are lit up. Surprising how much more fun the ride is with the music.

TSO is awesome. We see them every year in philly. Can't see them playing GA but there is a worthy TSO cover band that is pretty good too that might be willing to join HITP. I think it would sound awesome in the stunt arena. Add the lasers and pyro and we got an epic show.

TSO is awesome. We see them every year in philly. Can't see them playing GA but there is a worthy TSO cover band that is pretty good too that might be willing to join HITP. I think it would sound awesome in the stunt arena. Add the lasers and pyro and we got an epic show.

He was talking about playing it inside Skull Mountain

^ Wunderground says 55 and sunny for Jackson at 1pm. Sounds like the best day of the week to go.

Edit: 58 degrees :sun:

Looks like it's going to rain tomorrow with sun and temperatures up to 42 on Wednesday.