Up_Up_and_Away

Misc GA Mumblings

Some of the operating schedule has been posted for 2017:

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/plan-your-visit/park-operating-schedule?Month=2017-04

One good change I noticed is no more 6:00 closings or 7:00 closings on weekdays after Memorial Day and into June like past years. Now the park is open until 8:00 on those days.

Parks not gonna be open for my birthday (The 31st). Still going Opening Day (Now for the 3rd Year in a row), 1 day later!

I hate how they are closed April 19-21. That's during our Spring Break. I'm hoping the park is dead opening day which is likely anyway.

Since we already know we're getting JL, and it'll be a while until it's open, what I'm the most excited for is the new 2017 food :P

Any idea if Chop Six is still maybe happening? I remember someone early last year said they were going to do it in 2017

^ I'd like that, I'll always take more options for the dining pass. I've never eaten at Panda Express since it's not on it.

Panda Express will still be at the park next season.

Do you enjoy crushing people's souls?

Do you have any idea if they're kicking Mama Flora to the curb though?

Edited by YoungPup

Great news! I love Panda Express, it's like a Flash Pass for food. With complaints of super long waits for food with the Dining Pass during HITP and Fright Fest I'll happily wait 5 minutes and pony up the cash for better food at Panda Express while I scroll through post after post about how awful the food lines are on Facebook.

Maybe its just a mistake, but I noticed all of the rides in Bugs Bunny's National Park have been removed from the website.

Edit: All the rides are back on the site.

Edited by Chiller

I'm gonna hope it's a mistake. I believe some were taken down for the winter so I'm gonna hope to base it on that. I honestly like that kids area.

^^I see that too. They might be able to combine that area with the empty land along the lakefront and put in a custom wood GCI family coaster.

Edited by Medusa42

This is February right? Feels like April. During a break from bike riding my daughter says she wished GA was open today just for us. Conversation turned into which rides we wanted to go on but then turned into a pick the ride that you wanted to re-ride all day. Oldest said she wanted to ride the sky screamer all day. My youngest wanted to ride Harley Quinn all day. Wife wanted Nitro all day and I wanted Zumanjaro. Sure wish the park was open to see how many re-rides we would have actually done.

Anyone here set a crazy record for re-rides? What ride was it?

This is February right? Feels like April. During a break from bike riding my daughter says she wished GA was open today just for us. Conversation turned into which rides we wanted to go on but then turned into a pick the ride that you wanted to re-ride all day. Oldest said she wanted to ride the sky screamer all day. My youngest wanted to ride Harley Quinn all day. Wife wanted Nitro all day and I wanted Zumanjaro. Sure wish the park was open to see how many re-rides we would have actually done.

Anyone here set a crazy record for re-rides? What ride was it?

I support your zumanajro decision. Such a re-rideable ride.

As for records just about any video or film shoot at the park requires a bunch of re rides.

Zumanajro- probably 10-15+ rides for just for closeup shots of the one vehicle. Total for the day was probably 40-50+

Joker was a 2 day ordeal and much Dramamine was involved on day 2 as it was longer although repeat rides were a little harder due to flipping and switching people in and out. Total for first day was maybe 10-15. 2nd day was prob 30-40+.

Wow, that's a lot of Joker rides in 1 day. I don't think I could handle more than 2 or 3 rides unless the ride cycle happened to have no flips.

Wow, most re-rides on The Joker was 2 on the purple side (not a big fan of flipping, and I usually only get like 1-2 on the purple side). Skull mountain was definitely the most re-rides, it was probably like 6 times in a row without getting off.

My most number of re-rides would be when I rode Nitro 11 times in a row on my HITP trip a couple of months ago. Very cold but worth it!

I think I re-rode El Toro about 11 times in a row during an ERT event back in April or May. I remember it was an after closing ERT so El Toro was the only coaster open in the park. It was really weird riding it and seeing the rest of the park completely empty. Now I really want to ride El Toro right now haha.

IBOK, any signs of hope in getting your daughter on the bigger coasters this season? Maybe after the winter months she will be willing to give one a shot!

As of today she still says no but I think she can be talked into Nitro and others this year. We went skiing for the first time not long ago and had an incident where she wouldn't attempt the bunny slope because of viewing other first timers crashing around like pin balls. After a little pep talk, finally got her to try. It wasn't pretty and both of us couldn't quite figure out how to stop but had a great time. After a few more runs we got fairly good at it. Later that night I used this as a life lesson for being scared to try the big coasters at GA. Explained that if we allowed her fear to decide not to even try, she would have missed out on this awesome experience. Same can be applied at GA. Major difference being that this time we really were risking injury. She understood the point and said she would think about it when the park opens again. We will see.

As a parent, its going to be a great day when it finally happens and I'll get a new coaster buddy. Nothing better than that.

Will keep you posted. Thanks for asking.

From Twitter I learned Jacob Sartorius is preforming at Great Adventure June 17th. He's like 13, so a little different. This has also been confirmed by the park on the website.

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/special-events/concert/jacob-sartorius-concert

https://twitter.com/SFGrAdventure/status/833740469288968194