Up_Up_and_Away

Misc GA Mumblings

I also enjoy riding zumanjaro because it always has a very short wait, but with vr and the slow dispatches I definitely won't be riding it nearly as much.

"Sci-Fi was added as a "surprise" new addition for 1987. He was supposed to have been the first of several robots for Six Flags with each park getting their own robot. Along with Sci-Fi, Great Adventure was originally supposed to have received a second robot which would have performed in the park.

Interesting tidbit - when I first moved to the Delaware Valley in 1984, we used to visit a large nightclub near Media PA called Pulsations. The main attraction at the place was a robot similar to Sci-Fi that would be lowered from the ceiling, and then dance remotely with the patrons. I wonder if the two robots were related in any way or created by the same company?

SFGA%20LT%20810003%20JUN91%20copy.jpg

on edit - I just found this from the GAH website:

Sci-Fi had a sister robot named Pulsar who lived in the Philadelphia area at a nightclub called Pulsations. Pulsar was the robotic hostess at the (then) cutting edge nightclub that featured state of the art light effects and sound system.

Edited by dougdrummer

I read on here that the Dark Knight had facial recognition software that changed patrons faces to the Joker on a video screen during the pre-screening area. I don't remember seeing this when I visited. Was this feature removed?

I read on here that the Dark Knight had facial recognition software that changed patrons faces to the Joker on a video screen during the pre-screening area. I don't remember seeing this when I visited. Was this feature removed?

It's like a joker type mask, it was working at times last season. It's after the pre-show area as you're walking up to the ride. Looks just like a TV screen. I haven't been this season yet so not sure if it's still there.

It's like a joker type mask, it was working at times last season. It's after the pre-show area as you're walking up to the ride. Looks just like a TV screen. I haven't been this season yet so not sure if it's still there.

My kids say it was working today. I didn't get to go on any rides since I was the phone holder.

I don't get it either, you have the tallest drop tower in the world which has an amazing view. I don't get why anyone would prefer to ride with virtual reality instead. I could understand all this VR stuff a lot more if the graphics didn't absolutely stink. They seriously don't look any better than a Playstation 2 game.

I agree, on a clear day you can see Philly from the top, such a nice view that lasts longer than the view on KK.

That stinks. I wonder if he goes to the customer service window if they will do something for him. I know there is supposed to be a fee but I think they wave it sometimes.

Yesterday my friend was at the park and forgot his yellow cup at home. When he went to guest relations to get a replacement they told him that they don't replace the all season cups anymore! Instead they gave him a red one that's only good for the day.

I think that's kinda of ridiculous that they won't replace your yellow cup if it gets lost or stolen. I'm not spending $30 if I happen to lose my cup this season.

Yesterday my friend was at the park and forgot his yellow cup at home. When he went to guest relations to get a replacement they told him that they don't replace the all season cups anymore! Instead they gave him a red one that's only good for the day.

I think that's kinda of ridiculous that they won't replace your yellow cup if it gets lost or stolen. I'm not spending $30 if I happen to lose my cup this season.

My daughter was working at GA last summer in the guest relations office, when someone called her about this same exact issue. When she told the person about how it is policy that they cannot replace the cups, the person went ballistic on my daughter, screaming and ranting and raving. She got so upset about this that she nearly quit on the spot.

If you think about it, I don't see how they can replace the cups, because people would abuse it to collect several to give to other people. I wonder if you show them a yellow cup that is cracked or broken, whether or not they would replace it one for one?

• Like 1

They never replaced lost/stolen cups for free. I'm extremely impressed they even gave him a red cup - he should have gotten nothing, ESPECIALLY because he only FORGOT his cup!

To me, that just sounds like your friend gave the GR person a hard time for your friend being an idiot.

The cup is your responsibility. I have never lost or broken a cup.

My daughter was working at GA last summer in the guest relations office, when someone called her about this same exact issue. When she told the person about how it is policy that they cannot replace the cups, the person went ballistic on my daughter, screaming and ranting and raving. She got so upset about this that she nearly quit on the spot.

If you think about it, I don't see how they can replace the cups, because people would abuse it to collect several to give to other people. I wonder if you show them a yellow cup that is cracked or broken, whether or not they would replace it one for one?

I imagine they might if it's broken. Usually employees at any food location will replace the straw and lid if you say you lost it. It's the main bottle that you might have to go to GR to try and get replaced.

Edited by Matt Kaiser

The park is really crowded today. Nitro is 80 minutes, Sky Screamer is 85 minutes and Joker 70 minutes according to CoasterQueue. I have been to the park during Spring Break week every year since 2008 except this year and I never saw wait times that bad in the beginning of the week.

edit, now 100 minutes for Nitro and Joker

the park has signs posted around the park and in every coaster station, not responsible for lost or stolen cups. thats why you get a locker. problem solved.

The park is really crowded today. Nitro is 80 minutes, Sky Screamer is 85 minutes and Joker 70 minutes according to CoasterQueue. I have been to the park during Spring Break week every year since 2008 except this year and I never saw wait times that bad in the beginning of the week.

edit, now 100 minutes for Nitro and Joker

And they just announced they are staying open an hour later tonight (til 9pm). I was going to say I wonder why it's so crowded today, but I forgot most schools, unlike mine, are on spring break.

Edited by SFGadv123

I can't remember the last time they stayed open late this early in the season. I know during Fright Fest it happens a lot but it looks like people aren't leaving for the day yet. Batman and Nitro are still 70 minutes, Green Lantern 80 minutes and Joker 85 minutes.

people had to be nuts to go today. everybody knew it was going to be mobbed.

yet see my review from yesterday's visit where I walked right on Nitro and Batman at 11 am, and only a 10 minute wait on Bizarro at around 2:30 pm

really glad I went yesterday instead of today!

people had to be nuts to go today. everybody knew it was going to be mobbed.

I didn't.

Been to the park 3 times so far and all 3 times it was crowded. Seems like this year is the busiest early season I have seen. GADV is becoming more crowded every year and crowded on more operating days every year. In the near future, there probably will no longer be any moderate crowd days there as management is becoming better at making every open day a heavy crowd day. Only light days may be bad weather days but then you run the risk of closed rides or the whole park closing early.

Edited by The Master

I didn't.

Been to the park 3 times so far and all 3 times it was crowded. Seems like this year is the busiest early season I have seen. GADV is becoming more crowded every year and crowded on more operating days every year. In the near future, there probably will no longer be any moderate crowd days there as management is becoming better at making every open day a heavy crowd day. Only light days may be bad weather days but then you run the risk of closed rides or the whole park closing early.

Three years ago I meticulously planned a family trip to Disney World. Based on all my extensive research, I selected the end of September because the crowds were supposed to be real light. My data was wrong, as all the parks were crowded each day. And to top it all off it rained almost every day.

What was strange is that I noticed most people in the parks were speaking a foreign language. Then someone told me later that September is the peak season for people from South America to visit Disney, because the southern hemisphere seasons are the opposite of ours. So while crowds of Americans were light, crowds from foreign countries were not. I wish I knew this ahead of time. Ugh

• Like 1

They never replaced lost/stolen cups for free. I'm extremely impressed they even gave him a red cup - he should have gotten nothing, ESPECIALLY because he only FORGOT his cup!

To me, that just sounds like your friend gave the GR person a hard time for your friend being an idiot.

The cup is your responsibility. I have never lost or broken a cup.

I imagine they might if it's broken. Usually employees at any food location will replace the straw and lid if you say you lost it. It's the main bottle that you might have to go to GR to try and get replaced.

I never said he got it for free. He had to pay $5.50 for a replacement. The same friend lost his all season cup last year and payed the same price except they gave him another all season cup. Also I'm pretty sure they only let you replace it once per season because they scan you season pass when you buy the replacement. I'm very responsible about my cup and have never lost it. The only thing that happened last season was my straw got a hole in it from bending it so much and that was easily replaced.

Why was Captain Crunch a SFGA character from 1978-1979?

gallery_2_874_1288074.jpg

Easy answer... Quaker Oats (makers of Captain Crunch cereal) sponsored the Aqua Spectacle. The large park maps referred to the stadium as the Captain Crunch Aqua Spectacle.

Looks like a loaded train on Joker valleyed in great America. CNN has a live stream of the rescue. Wild

Looks like a loaded train on Joker valleyed in great America. CNN has a live stream of the rescue. Wild

If was on the noon news on 6ABC today. Took 4 hours to get the people off, that must have been awful.