Misc GA Mumblings

I'm curious to see how the crowds turn out this weekend based on temperature alone. An argument could me made that Saturday will be too hot, but at the same time Sunday looks kinda chilly relative to the weekend as a whole. What will the masses pick?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for helping the site.  

I heard the weather will improve if you decide to take photos of the construction site and post them here. 

Are you Yoda?

Posted Images

^ No I can't...sorry. Maybe you guys can do it tomorrow or Sunday instead.

Things will be updated as people choose to update. Please stop asking constantly. There might not be updates week to week, and If you're going on sunday you can see the updates yourself. If we were to update on Saturday you would most likely not see much of a difference on Sunday nor does anyone have accesss to the area so you would see just as much as everyone else can. The inside tour was random and very nice of the park to do.

I'm curious to see how the crowds turn out this weekend based on temperature alone. An argument could me made that Saturday will be too hot, but at the same time Sunday looks kinda chilly relative to the weekend as a whole. What will the masses pick?

Saturday is usually more crowded.

I would enjoy being able to see live cams. They have one at Paradise Island on Long Beach Island. I have called home to my wife so the kids and I could give her a wave while she was stuck at home.

On the down side, the park might think that if someone was thinking of coming to the park and checked a cam or two they might be discouraged by the size of the crowd and they might not come out.

Park is now selling the Fidget Spinner things. I feel with all these new rules they are pushing with things on rides an fidget spinner is the last thing the park needs to sell

As cool as it would be, I don't see any positive aspect for the park. The crowd size is probably something they don't want to show, as evidenced by the app only displaying wait times while in the park. If the cam is on construction, people would just complain about how slow the construction is, or find something wrong with it.

I remember when they had a livecam of Green Lantern construction. Some people enjoyed it, but I'd say not enough to be a worthwhile investment of time and/ore money.

I just fake my location so that I can see the wait times even at home. It usually doesn't effect if I'm going or not because they don't start until 12 and I usually go to the park in the morning.

My brother does the same :P

Park is now selling the Fidget Spinner things. I feel with all these new rules they are pushing with things on rides an fidget spinner is the last thing the park needs to sell

I guarantee you that every little kid will walk out with one. Nice marketing in my opinion.

I just saw something on the evening news where schools are now banning them.

Edited by dougdrummer

I guarantee you that every little kid will walk out with one. Nice marketing in my opinion.

Agreed its just ass backwards in my opinion. Than again.... "hey buy this! now buy a locker to put it in" Hopefully with all this marketing and money making it goes to improvements in the park. oh wait lol

The park has some pretty bad poison ivy infestations now. Lookout for it in Kingda Ka's queue, the Golden Kingdom walkways, on Bizarro's exit ramp where it is even hanging down and can rub someones head, El Toro's exit, etc. It does not appear the park is trying to control it.

The park has some pretty bad poison ivy infestations now. Lookout for it in Kingda Ka's queue, the Golden Kingdom walkways, on Bizarro's exit ramp where it is even hanging down and can rub someones head, El Toro's exit, etc. It does not appear the park is trying to control it.

There was poison ivy in the ka queue last year, seems like they just ignored it and it's gotten even worse since then.

They are just teasing the new ride for 2018 in Rolling Thunder's old spot or a Bizarro retheme.

PITT%20one.jpg

• Like 2

Ill look at it today.

There was poison ivy in the ka queue last year, seems like they just ignored it and it's gotten even worse since then.

In previous years there usually was poison ivy growing around Roaring Rapids, especially the exit stairs. Likely its back this year too. There are probably many people who are not aware to look out for toxic plants, or even be able to identify a toxic plant as there are lots of city folk in the parks. There is also the risk of a person coming in contact with poison ivy, pick up the oil that causes rashes, then transfer the oil onto whatever else they may touch like railing and grab handles where other people can become infected. I have seen poison ivy growing in other parks, but not nearly as bad as I have seen in GADV.