Up_Up_and_Away

Misc GA Mumblings

where is the camera for the front row riders?

the video would never be in focus on KK due to all the shacking lol

where is the camera for the front row riders?

the video would never be in focus on KK due to all the shacking lol

There is none for the front row.

It would be in focus, but jittery. Also, stabilizers exist.

I wonder if there is a discount if you have the photo pass. I assume this wouldn't be included in it.

Which group of Six Flags visitors are the worst?

Six Flags Great Adventure: http://wobm.com/three-new-york-residents-arrested-while-intoxicated-at-six-flags-great-adventure/

Police responded to the main gate area around 11:15 am on Monday in response to an incident where two men and a woman were showing signs of being intoxicated.

As an officer began to address the individuals, one of the males told him he was heading to his car to drive home and didnt listen to any of the officers commands to stop.

After being initially detained near the main gate they tried to make a break for it from police with the female suspect attempting to throw a bag of cocaine in the trash, it missed and hit the ground.

One of the males tried to fight off police by flailing his arms and pushing officers before being detained.

All three have been arrested and charged.

Six Flags St Louis: http://www.myleaderpaper.com/news/police_fire/six-flags-ride-operator-allegedly-assaulted/article_b5e62aa2-73d5-11e7-83fb-8728e3c569ec.html

Two visitors to Six Flags were arrested after they got off the Fireball roller coaster on July 15 and allegedly assaulted the ride operator. Eureka Police said the ride operator, a 16-year-old Cahokia, Ill., man was assaulted by a 21-year-old female from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., and a 25-year-old male from East St. Louis, Ill., after the roller coaster stopped.

The ride features a giant seven-story loop with passengers sitting face-to-face or back-to-back in cars, according to Six Flags website. The ride begins by swinging the cars back and forth on the track in a pendulum style before there is enough momentum to swing them upside-down on the track. The parks website says the operator has complete control to determine how long passengers hang upside down.

Eureka Police said someone became sick while on the roller coaster and wanted the operator to stop the ride. Because the ride was about to finish, the operator didnt stop it immediately, the report said.

When the operator was helping passengers off the ride, the woman punched him in the face and then the male also punched him. The operator fell to the ground and other unidentified people struck him while he was down, police reported.

Six Flags St Louis: http://www.myleaderpaper.com/news/police_fire/st-louis-man-arrested-for-allegedly-assaulting-six-flags-security/article_449a2118-5a9a-11e7-bfe9-0755e25d78f7.html

A 31-year-old St. Louis man didnt get far after allegedly assaulting a security guard at Six Flags. At about 9:43 p.m. June 18, Eureka Police apprehended the man near the amusement parks entrance gate after he tried to flee the grounds, a police report said.

The man tried to interfere when a person he was with was stopped for allegedly stealing from one of the Six Flags shops. The St. Louis man punched the security guard and then tried to flee from the amusement park, the report said.

Eureka Police Lt. David Wilson said the department is seeking a misdemeanor assault charge against the man through the Eureka Municipal Prosecutors Office.

Edited by Medusa42

Out of the three Six Flags parks I've been to, I'd say Great Adventure's crowd behavior is the worst as well as the worst of the three choices above. I saw two people get caught using their phone on Nitro yesterday and they were kicked out and banned from the park. Many guests at Great Adventure usually the ones from urban areas act unruly and could start fights especially around Fright Fest. Many guests also litter at the parking lot to the point there is more trash left on the pavement than in trash cans.

A bit off topic bit Six Flags America's crowds from my past experiences are typically families and not as rough as people say it is; once in a while they get bad clientele, about three years ago during their Fright fest opening weekend, a large fight broke near Apocalypse and three teens were severely injured. Six Flags New England's crowds for the most part behave but they have a bad habit of jumping line switchbacks to the point they look like they are line cutting especially at Superman. Also the second report for Six Flags New England is actually another report for Six Flags St. Louis.

SFA is still the only place that someone tried to break into my car.

SFA is still the only place that someone tried to break into my car.

What time of the year did you go?

out of those three id deal with GA. Cant say I ever saw anyone beat on a ride opp at our park or assault a security guard

The concept sounds really cool. Wish I could test this out. Will be interested to see the reports afterward.

What time of the year did you go?

Early spring several years ago. I think it was only the second day they were open for the season, it was a Sunday.

Early spring several years ago. I think it was only the second day they were open for the season, it was a Sunday.

I'm surprised something bad like a break in attempt would happen like that at the SFA's parking lot during spring break. I would expect that to more likely happen during Fright Fest. The park's location kind of reminds me of Clementon Park's location: in a good neighborhood but can attract bad clientele at times.

I was surprised too, it was a botched punchjob on my door lock. They broke the lock but also jammed it so it would not unlock so they didn't get it. Shame because it was a good trip there until I got back to the car and saw what happened. I suspect they may have targeted my car because it was out of state with PA plates in MD.

I was surprised too, it was a botched punchjob on my door lock. They broke the lock but also jammed it so it would not unlock so they didn't get it. Shame because it was a good trip there until I got back to the car and saw what happened. I suspect they may have targeted my car because it was out of state with PA plates in MD.

There's a lot of PA plates in MD no matter what part of the state you're in, kind of like Southern New Jersey. When my mom used to live in NYC, gangs and criminals would attempt to break in cars at Coney Island that have NJ plates. I feel that if break in attempts are done based on license plate, it's probably done from states the area would consider wealthier than theirs even though MD is the wealthiest state in America. The DC area is also arguably the wealthiest metropolitan area in the nation.

The park's location despite being in a wealthy outer beltway neighborhood in Prince George's County is only about 5-10 miles from the rougher areas of DC and inner beltway Metrorail suburbs. Prince George's County has a significant amount of crime especially homicides but that mostly happens inside the beltway leaving the outer beltway communities to be pretty safe.

I stopped in for a quick 2 hour visit yesterday just cause I was going past the park anyway and had some time to kill.

We checked out the sea lion show for the first time this year, it's really good and only about 10 minutes. A major improvement over last year's show that was about the animal Olympics. They only use the sea lion for this one unlike last year when they used the pig and some other animals but it's definitely worth checking out.

I really don't find myself to be much of a complainer when I go to parks but 2 things happened yesterday that annoyed me. I'm for the new loose articles policy that the park is using and that's because I've experienced way too many selfish morons who take their cell phones out on coasters in the past year and it seems like it keeps getting worse.

So I saw them tell a few people to leave the station when they saw people had phones out or in their pockets. I get in the second to last row, immediately going up the lift hill there's some woman in the 4th or 5th row with their cell phone out already and she kept it out the entire time all the way back into the station.

The staff didn't notice nor care so I said something to one of them as I got off but didn't stick around to see if they did anything. If they are going to try to stick to this policy they need to pay more attention and make examples of these people. I'm just sick of these selfish morons with complete disregard for the people behind them.

They were also handing out the boarding tickets to keep track of the line on El Toro and nitro (the only 2 I went on) but the problem was there were no lines so why bother doing this? The staff wasn't checking them anyway and there was no reason to. Just pointless.

I don't complain often about the park but this stuff just annoyed me today. The seal show was great and Nitro and El Toro were awesome as usual. I was just annoyed that instead of enjoying one of the best coasters in the world I was paying more attention to the selfish moron to see if her phone was going to come flying at my face.

Edited by SatansHockey

A couple weeks ago I walked right on to Nitro, but they still gave me a boarding pass at the entrance. I didn't understand why they did this to begin with, let alone if there was no wait.

Maybe these bording passes are different thant the time trackers. Maybe these tell the ride ops that they gave you a once over and don't BELIEVE you are holding any loose articles. You may be but they looked you over and didn't see anything. When they are tracking time they dont give a card to every rider.

I dont know what the idea is for these bording passes but that has been my theory.

Maybe these bording passes are different thant the time trackers. Maybe these tell the ride ops that they gave you a once over and don't BELIEVE you are holding any loose articles. You may be but they looked you over and didn't see anything. When they are tracking time they dont give a card to every rider.

I dont know what the idea is for these bording passes but that has been my theory.

It's to prevent line cutters. The passes are in numerical order. If you got a guy who gives you pass #19 and the last pass you checked was #11, you know he just cut 7 people. People have been complaining for years about line cutting so I am glad they are doing things to deter it.

It's to prevent line cutters. The passes are in numerical order. If you got a guy who gives you pass #19 and the last pass you checked was #11, you know he just cut 7 people. People have been complaining for years about line cutting so I am glad they are doing things to deter it.

Ah

i'm really happy they are making the loose article policy stricter to prevent injury and people trying to film their own reactions when there are thousands on YouTube, But they need to do a better job. There were people vaping right next to me in line for kingda ka and it was obnoxious and there was also a kid who put his phone under his belt and got on KK's trains and his reaction was priceless when he figured out that his phone was getting crushed.

When do you give the pass back? Some rows are obviously longer than others so the numbers would be scattered all over the place. I assume they would collect them before you get back in the station?

i'm really happy they are making the loose article policy stricter to prevent injury and people trying to film their own reactions when there are thousands on YouTube, But they need to do a better job. There were people vaping right next to me in line for kingda ka and it was obnoxious and there was also a kid who put his phone under his belt and got on KK's trains and his reaction was priceless when he figured out that his phone was getting crushed.

If they are going to be really strict on the loose article policy they need to make it easier to store the items somewhere. I don't bring my phone in the park because I'm always afraid it will break or i'll lose, it but i obviously need my keys. I am not going to buy a locker for the ridiculous prices. They either need to add bins to the rides to place loose items like most parks have or lower the prices of lockers.

• Like 1