Up_Up_and_Away

Misc GA Mumblings

5 hours ago, The Master said:

Was at the park on Sunday and they did a couple of strange things. First they did not have any of the no bag express lanes open at security. Everyone had to wait in a big airport style queue for the bag lanes, even if they did not have bags which sucked. 

I wonder if that has anything to do with the new xray machines which I think are multiplying every time I go to the park. I think at some point everything will have to go through a better scanner/xray and they need to fire whoever thought having a solid color dining pass drink cup was a good idea this season. 

I don't know why anyone would wear their glasses on Toro without straps anyway tbh. I always have straps on my sunglasses while riding and no one has ever said anything, including this past Sunday.

Edited by APeX3181

Think I’m going to pull the old “car trouble” gimmick a few times over the next few weeks now that daily operations are starting. Haven’t been to the park yet this season. Need to resolve my coaster withdraw symptoms without my kids. Still furious I’ve been to Dollywood 3 times now and lightning rod has been down every time. Some nitro will put me in a better mood.

anyone know if they are replacing the canopy on the blue tent arcade? or are they demolishing the bldg finally?

Looking at Queue Times, I'm kind of surprised at the wait times today. Almost hour waits for many of the coasters and Sky Screamer. 

So I might going to the park on this Saturday, is the weather is going to be sunny or rain? If it's gonna rain, I might going to the park on Tuesday or Wednesday instead.

It looks like Mama Floras is back on the dining plan again.  Theres a lot of unique items that can’t be found anywhere else in the park.O0fDuGqh.jpg

On 5/29/2018 at 7:31 AM, Mr.Six said:

It looks like Mama Floras is back on the dining plan again.  Theres a lot of unique items that can’t be found anywhere else in the park.O0fDuGqh.jpg

Do we think they might actually release the 2018 season pass dining guide before 2018 is over? 

On 5/9/2018 at 2:03 AM, The Master said:

The park tried free lockers for one year before they switched to pay lockers. Even Universal offers free lockers for their no lose item policy. Money and greed are major motivations behind GADV's policy as well as their new membership program. Over regulation causes many more problems than it solves and consumers disliked being hassled. It is simply bad customer service and it keeps getting worse. 

I thought that was for only the first 45 mins, but still-i was there in early December 2014 and didn't have to pay in the end (got one of the first rides on Hulk that day and ended up mueling Gringots). But that's coming up for 3.5 half years and Hulk's been retracked and i'm going to be attending Rowan in the fall (little over an hour south from the park).

As of last fall, Universal still had free lockers for a time period that is adjusted to current wait times. 

On 5/31/2018 at 2:34 PM, rj1972 said:

Do we think they might actually release the 2018 season pass dining guide before 2018 is over? 

I picked up the 2018 dining guide for Six Flags America when I was there on April 22nd. I get back to Great Adventure thinking they would have theirs and no one had a clue. There's only the 2017 dining guide. I went to Guest Services and the guy there had no idea when it would be released. 

I just learned that GA has been using staff from other SF parks to assist with attraction and F&B operations until they complete all of their hiring for the season. 

On 6/1/2018 at 2:55 PM, rj1972 said:

I just learned that GA has been using staff from other SF parks to assist with attraction and F&B operations until they complete all of their hiring for the season. 

Six Flags has done this for years, sharing employees between parks. NJ employees are even sometimes sent the other way to SFNE and SFA depending on what the demand and supply for employees is for the week/weekend. It just gets worse each year. I believe they had to fly in workers from their Texas parks this year.

Edited by Matt Kaiser

I remember a few years ago when the park was open the Tuesday - Thursday after Labor Day, I went to Green Lantern and saw someone from SFA working at the ride and there were cars from other SF parks in the lot (the cars had wraps on them advertising the other parks). It was unexpected that they had to bring in workers from the other parks. Now with almost every park having HITP,  it might be more difficult to get workers from other parks later in the season.

22 hours ago, Matt Kaiser said:

Six Flags has done this for years, sharing employees between parks. NJ employees are even sometimes sent the other way to SFNE and SFA depending on what the demand and supply for employees is for the week/weekend. It just gets worse each year. I believe they had to fly in workers from their Texas parks this year.

I had no idea. That's quite an expense for the company to bring in, house, and feed near minimum wage employees. 

Edited by rj1972

Interesting to see the tree lined walkway leading to the entrance from the center of the parking lot.  Is there a Page D-1 with the other photos and stories?

ok one question

i hear everyone thinking that ben & jerrys coming back to six flags great adventure

is it true or false

2 hours ago, harry2004 said:

ok one question

i hear everyone thinking that ben & jerrys coming back to six flags great adventure

is it true or false

Where do you all hear all this stuff?

19 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Interesting to see the tree lined walkway leading to the entrance from the center of the parking lot.  Is there a Page D-1 with the other photos and stories?

Nope, the Ocean County Memories page on FB only posted that one. They post pictures of GA all the time. 

So I went to the park yesterday (Wednesday the 27th) and i noticed that some new paint made it's way onto 2 support columns of the run away mine train. Only about 4.5 feet of each column is painted. But they are over by the path between el Toro and bizarro right before the bridge. Hopefully this means a repaint. And it must have been done on Tuesday night as there is a video of someone in the park the day before I went and the columns were not freshly painted.