Misc GA Mumblings

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for helping the site.  

I heard the weather will improve if you decide to take photos of the construction site and post them here. 

The dippin dots guy told him

Posted Images

On 9/4/2018 at 1:25 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

On a sidenote, I think this is the first time that Fright Fest will begin with Hurricane Harbor still open! 

I have to say, it was very bizarre to see people waiting on line for slides while on my way into the park Sunday afternoon for Fright Fest 😆

23 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

After taking another look I noticed the "fakeness" of it,but then again,couldn't Great Adv. or Cedar Point actually do that?I mean there where plenty of times Great Adv. put advertisements on coaster trains...... 

13 hours ago, SkellySkeletor said:

Only box that's there is about special offer emails. What did i do wrong? Is it because other people are on the account?

Don't know.  Why don't you go hit up the chat feature and ask one of the SF folks to give you a hand.

18 hours ago, ericthewanderer said:

After taking another look I noticed the "fakeness" of it,but then again,couldn't Great Adv. or Cedar Point actually do that?I mean there where plenty of times Great Adv. put advertisements on coaster trains...... 

It wouldn't be that hard to have some designs printed on the material used for car wraps.  It might take a while to install on each gondola and probably wouldn't be worth the effort for the short amount of time it would be up each year.

20 hours ago, lynn41103 said:

Screamscape is reporting that King Cobra is starting to get removed. Can anyone visiting the park this weekend try and look at Hurricane Harbor on their way in to confirm if that's what it looks like?

I wasn’t at the park personally but I know people who did see King Cobra disassembled on Wednesday.

We were there on Sunday. I can't say they were dismantling it as there wasn't anyone there, but it's been closed for a while. The queue line is completely gone. There was large slabs of concrete ripped up as well. large.20180916_125429.jpg.c2f6245a0b10dce377a7f4249f62b2c5.jpglarge.20180916_125436.jpg.44e48edc7aa37d9e28c7c2883e5b0a7b.jpg

Edited by hollyferry
3 hours ago, mkj3322 said:

Going to fright fest tonight as I have to renew my season pass. What is the latest I can show up and get in, anybody know for sure? Probably going to get there around 7:30 - 8. Was hoping to use the friend pass as well.

I didn't see anything on the park page but I believe the gates close at 8:00 even on days when the park closes at midnight like tonight.

3 hours ago, mkj3322 said:

Going to fright fest tonight as I have to renew my season pass. What is the latest I can show up and get in, anybody know for sure? Probably going to get there around 7:30 - 8. Was hoping to use the friend pass as well.

I believe you can stroll in at 11:59pm. You just can't leave and re-enter after 8pm.

2 hours ago, popfilms said:

I know as of last year it was an 8 PM cutoff no matter what hours during FF.  Will probably be going tomorrow as well, wonder what the crowds will be like.

Nah, I went after 8 last year a couple of times.  

Edited by Lemur

It wasn't any 75 degrees, it was cool and cloudly most of the day, then cleared out at night causing the temps to drop. Despite that the crowds really poured into the park last night. The first hour to 90 minutes was pretty good but by 7:30 everything had long lines, even the Teacups. There were tons of pre-teen dropoffs running around being super obnoxious. Gangs of them kept running past people in line for the rides. Even the teenagers and 20 somethings were disgusted by them. Here I thought the date night crowds were bad but not nearly as bad as those hordes of pre-teens. Last night was also the first time I been line cut at the exit gate. Some  ugly 14 year old brat jumps right in front of me right at the exit turnstil, then turns around with a smirk and tells me that I just been cut, WTH? 

Driving in I saw pieces of King Corbra lying both inside and outside the HH fence. 

Edited by The Master
8 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Parking is now $30 and preferred $50.  

It's been like that since August. The prices are probably this high so they don't lose money because of the amount of season pass and membership holders that get free parking.

I remember years ago when they raised it to $25 and thought that was ridiculous. They can charge outrageous prices to park since people have no choice but to pay it if they want to get into the park, and it'll encourage more people to get a season pass or membership with the free parking, so it's a good strategy, but still greedy and ridiculous in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, SFGadv123 said:

I remember years ago when they raised it to $25 and thought that was ridiculous. They can charge outrageous prices to park since people have no choice but to pay it if they want to get into the park, and it'll encourage more people to get a season pass or membership with the free parking, so it's a good strategy, but still greedy and ridiculous in my opinion. 

It is good business strategy, but bad business ethics which may bite them later on. Such as contributing to the drop off problems I posted above which can drive other customers away. The park was bad with unsupervised pre teen kids running around everywhere, cutting other people off, etc. 

Edited by The Master