Jump to content
Up_Up_and_Away

Misc GA Mumblings

Recommended Posts

How many of you are gonna be there Saturday?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So happy to see Superman getting a repaint. It was looking pretty sorry the last time I visited the park. As for El Toro, I'm glad it's getting some maintenance attention. The turnaround was noticeably rough when I rode it (rest was still glossy smooth). Does anyone know if Intamin is re-tracking it with Pre-fab track, or is a different company being outsourced? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 11:25 PM, owtoty said:

Anyone know if members get new cups every year?

 

According to the Membership Guide, "You are entitled to one free drink bottle per calendar year." I'm not sure if I know of anyone who has gotten their second bottle yet, I'll ask around.

It's the same exact red bottle, if that's what you're wondering.

 

https://static.sixflags.com/website/membership/guides/Six-Flags-Diamond-Elite-Membership-Guide-2018.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2019 at 1:10 AM, Matt Kaiser said:

 

According to the Membership Guide, "You are entitled to one free drink bottle per calendar year." I'm not sure if I know of anyone who has gotten their second bottle yet, I'll ask around.

It's the same exact red bottle, if that's what you're wondering.

 

https://static.sixflags.com/website/membership/guides/Six-Flags-Diamond-Elite-Membership-Guide-2018.pdf

Okay cool. One of my bottles is a little bent and is hard to screw the cap on now. Also I wish Six Flags had the disposable cup option like Cedar Fair does. Just visited KD yesterday and I have the drink pass on my platinum pass and it is so much easier to not have to carry a cup around.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, owtoty said:

Okay cool. One of my bottles is a little bent and is hard to screw the cap on now. Also I wish Six Flags had the disposable cup option like Cedar Fair does. Just visited KD yesterday and I have the drink pass on my platinum pass and it is so much easier to not have to carry a cup around.

 

I just confirmed that someone has gotten a new bottle. However, they've been a member for 13 months, so we haven't entirely proven yet if it's truly every calendar year or every 12 months.

 

Six Flags did send a survey months ago asking about a disposable cup program. Doesn't seem like that went anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 1:13 AM, Matt Kaiser said:

 

I just confirmed that someone has gotten a new bottle. However, they've been a member for 13 months, so we haven't entirely proven yet if it's truly every calendar year or every 12 months.

 

Six Flags did send a survey months ago asking about a disposable cup program. Doesn't seem like that went anywhere.

Shouldn't matter how long they've been a member, it's "per calendar year", so even if they got a bottle in November 2018, they're entitled to a bottle in April 2019.

 

Also, the noticable increase in the amount of benches was nice to see.  Now they need to start re-planting some trees.  

Edited by Lemur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lemur said:

Shouldn't matter how long they've been a member, it's "per calendar year", so even if they got a bottle in November 2018, they're entitled to a bottle in April 2019.

 

Also, the noticable increase in the amount of benches was nice to see.  Now they need to start re-planting some trees.  

 

I mean, yes, that's what the guide says it should be, but that hasn't stopped Six Flags before. I was hearing reports from people at the Texas parks that no one was able to get a new member cup until recently, so we're not sure exactly how it actually works. Don't know if that's entirely true either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is random but imagine how many times we've passed by each other at the park and didn't even know it😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

How many days until Superman repaint is done? Batman and Nitro might be next after Superman is done repainting.

I highly doubt they'd start repainting Nitro during the operating season. It's one of the most popular rides in the park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While Safari Tours is removing, Sky Zoom might also removing...Is there could be sign there will be rethemed Safari Kids to Bugs Bunny Boomtown and LTSP rethemed to DC Super Friends Kids Zone in 2021. A new coaster is coming in next year, in 2021 there will be kids area expansion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next week is going to be tough for me going to the park, on Monday and Tuesday, there might chance will be rain showers or sunny with mild temperatures so I don't know because I might going to the park during Spring Break next week.

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

April 22 -24 will probably be crowded with large bus groups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah NCSY is there those days with a concert on Monday. I still remember being at the park the same day as them years ago, 20 minute wait at Nitro...with an exit pass from the old Funatics Rewards program. I ended up riding 1 or 2 other coasters and left because it was so crowded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll be at the park today for the first time this season. Anyone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap, all the photos of today at the park look insane! 130 minute wait for Skull Mountain, 45 minute wait for Teacups...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The parked was insanely packed today. I'm really glad I got to the park early in the day because by 1 it was just too much. The line to go through the parking booths was crazy long, then the security lines were also insane.

 

I was really glad I had my Diamond Elite today because I got preferred parking, skipped the security line, and skipped two ride lines. 

 

Went to Toro first and it was a station wait, but a few hours later it was up to an hour wait. Got my skip the line for SORA and KK which was nice. After getting off KK the park was packed and the lines for everything was insane. I think Green Lantern had a 70 minute wait, and I saw Batman go into where the curvy uncovered walkway is, and Nitro go where the switchbacks are.

 

I left at about 2:30 and walking out the security lines spilled into the parking lot which I haven't seen happen before. I'm glad I left when I did because I could barely walk around towards the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...