Up_Up_and_Away

Misc GA Mumblings

7 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

Holy crap, all the photos of today at the park look insane! 130 minute wait for Skull Mountain, 45 minute wait for Teacups...

I couldn't believe the wait times looking at Queue Times a few times today. I was thinking a 2+ hour wait for Skull Mountain has to be a full queue or at least close to it.

8 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

Holy crap, all the photos of today at the park look insane! 130 minute wait for Skull Mountain, 45 minute wait for Teacups...

Any links? 

On 3/29/2019 at 12:30 PM, Tbone112499 said:

The park uses Weather Bug to make all of their weather-related decisions. So far the Weather Bug app is saying partly cloudy and 62 degrees. If that holds then we have perfect weather, but I feel like we can't be sure until Saturday actually gets here. I'll be there either way 😁

My friend Marissa, who works at Justice League and Cyborg, told me that.

I am a little burnt out on the park so I'm planning on going on Koaster Kids day (July 14), Fright Fest (Rowan does the trip every year), and hopefully Holiday in the Park (I'm 19 and don't drive yet, so it would only work if she doesn't work a weekend)

Just arrived at the park now, parking lanes weren't that bad but as soon as I saw the lines for security I immediately turned right around. It's so backed up that people are spilling out into the parking lot past the Bugs topiary....I haven't seen it this bad since Fright Fest 

I heard yesterday it was taking people an hour to enter the park. It will probably be less crowded tomorrow and Friday without the NCSY group there.

13 hours ago, Pineracer said:

My friend Marissa, who works at Justice League and Cyborg, told me that.

I am a little burnt out on the park so I'm planning on going on Koaster Kids day (July 14), Fright Fest (Rowan does the trip every year), and hopefully Holiday in the Park (I'm 19 and don't drive yet, so it would only work if she doesn't work a weekend)

I know Marissa! I graduated HS with her 😂

On 4/24/2019 at 12:45 AM, Yoshi said:

I couldn't believe the wait times looking at Queue Times a few times today. I was thinking a 2+ hour wait for Skull Mountain has to be a full queue or at least close to it.

2zfste.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I avoid this week especially since my trips to the park are much more limited. If I only get there a few times a year, I want to try to visit when crowds are low. I expected to see hour wait times posted for the big coasters. I also miss when they used to be open 2 weeks for Spring Break. I would visit when PA schools were closed usually the week before Easter but when NYC and Jackson schools were still in session with lower crowds.

On 4/24/2019 at 5:12 PM, Yoshi said:

I heard yesterday it was taking people an hour to enter the park. It will probably be less crowded tomorrow and Friday without the NCSY group there.

An hour just to get into the park? At that point I would turn around and either do something else or go home with crowds at such nightmarish levels. 

Park was really good today thanks to the forecast! We didn't get there until 6, and I think we had just missed the one little rain shower of the day. Ride lines were mostly short. Food still relatively long as usual.

Side note, we went to Member Services tonight with receipts to get member reward points that we're missing from Saturday. (They're supposed to take up to 24 hours) It looks like not a single person got their reward points for purchases over the weekend.

Our friend got his points added earlier in the day no problem. When we tried, the "Add Points" button had mysteriously vanished from the employee's dashboard, so we'll hear back in a few days. 

Back in my day the park would have been open today.  And we would have walked through pouring rain to get to the next ride.  Uphill.  Just sayin’.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Will Superman Ultimate Flight have a new sign after the coaster's repainted?maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by 29yrswithaGApass
Adjusted for grammar.

2 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Will Superman Ultimate Flight have a new sign after the coaster's repainted?

Sure.

mbkut8F.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Back in my day the park would have been open today.  And we would have walked through pouring rain to get to the next ride.  Uphill.  Just sayin’.

Cause people were built tougher back in those days. Like the time I fell 8,000 feet onto a pile of jagged rocks. However, I was out Jitter Bugging that very night. 

fBrYWvR.jpg

KC8JRbX.gif

Edited by The Master
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2019 at 5:19 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Back in your day, the folks running the park were more comfortable with spending more on ops than was coming through the gate.  

Seems some Looney Tunes costume characters are returning to the park like Speedy Gonzales and Lola Bunny. Will DC Comics Superhero costume characters will return to the park this year too?

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:06 AM, Six Flags FUN! said:

Seems some Looney Tunes costume characters are returning to the park like Speedy Gonzales and Lola Bunny. Will DC Comics Superhero costume characters will return to the park this year too?

Short answer : I wish.

Long answer : From my understanding,finding people good enough for SF's superheroes is almost as tough as being a Disney princess: DC Comics has final say who gets what part,and they can be really picky,even for characters who are "fully covered" like Batman and The Flash.I remember about a year or two ago on these same forums this topic came up and a girl who had supposedly played Wonder Woman (about 10 years earlier) posted similar stories.

28 minutes ago, ericthewanderer said:

Short answer : I wish.

Long answer : From my understanding,finding people good enough for SF's superheroes is almost as tough as being a Disney princess: DC Comics has final say who gets what part,and they can be really picky,even for characters who are "fully covered" like Batman and The Flash.I remember about a year or two ago on these same forums this topic came up and a girl who had supposedly played Wonder Woman (about 10 years earlier) posted similar stories.

In other words, they need to be hot but there are few people who are hot enough, especially to work that cheap. Nobody wants to see Superman with a beer gut or a dumpy Wonder Woman.

39 minutes ago, The Master said:

Nobody wants to see Superman with a beer gut or a dumpy Wonder Woman.

Have you seen endgame yet?

• Haha 1

One question guys, Warner Bros. Animation is making new Looney Tunes Cartoons this year, will they air new Looney Tunes cartoons on Six Flags TV for Six Flags theme parks this year or near in the future? I got some info about new Looney Tunes shorts:

On June 11, 2018, Warner Bros. Animation announced that a new series, which will "consist of 1,000 minutes spread across 1-6 minute shorts", would be released in 2019 and that it will feature "the brand's marquee characters voiced by their current voice actors in simple gag-driven and visually vibrant stories". The style of the series will be reminiscent to those of Chuck Jones, Friz Freleng, Robert McKimson, Bob Clampett and among others. President of Warner Bros. Animation, Sam Register, along with Peter Browngardt (the creator of Secret Mountain Fort Awesome and Uncle Grandpa), will serve as executive producers for the series.[

Looney Tunes Cartoons is an upcoming American animated television series produced by Warner Bros. Animation, based on the characters from Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies. It will make its worldwide premiere at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival on June 10, 2019.[2] This show is the successor to New Looney Tunes.

Looney Tunes Cartoons poster.jpg

Edited by Six Flags FUN!