Up_Up_and_Away

Misc GA Mumblings

Haven’t been to the parks in a while - is it worth going with what Saturday’s forecast is looking like? Don’t want to shell out money for a ticket just for the park to close or all the rides to shut down. 

I wouldn't risk it if you don't have a season pass or membership. The hourly forecast looks like thunderstorms from 2 - 7. 

The park uses Weather Bug to make most of their weather-related decisions. Right now, it’s showing no more than a 30% chance of rain in the evening. 

Heading up to the park on. Expected up to 30 mph winds. Is that fast enough to close Kingda Ka. #dont/scold/me

Edited by Joseph_D

KeyBanc is claiming better than expected second quarter attendance for Six Flags.

https://www.benzinga.com/analyst-ratings/analyst-color/19/07/14011439/keybanc-upgrades-six-flags-says-attendance-trends-better-than-expected

KeyBanc Upgrades Six Flags, Says Attendance Trends Better Than Expected

July 01, 2019 3:59pm

KeyBanc Capital Market's new bullish stance on amusement park company Six Flags Entertainment Corp is based on expectations for attendance trends to come in better than expected in the second quarter.

The Analyst
Brett Andress upgraded Six Flags from Sector Weight to Outperform with a new $62 price target.

The Thesis
KeyBanc's propriety "Key First Look" credit and debit card data suggests attendance trends at Six Flags parks will rise by a total of 8% in the second quarter, Andress said in the Sunday upgrade note.

This compares to a prior growth estimate of 4% and the Street's consensus estimate of 6%, the analyst said. 

Breaking down the data into core attendance versus parks that were acquired, the research firm's data suggests "core attendance" growth of 4% which may prove to be conservative, he said. 

Beyond the second quarter, Six Flags will be up against easier weather compares, as last year's weather in the third quarter had an impact of about 500,000 potential guests, Andress said. 

This supports the stock's near-term setup, the analyst said. 

Signs of progress are materializing at the company's parks in China: Six Flags management met with local officials, he said. 

At the very least, Six Flags should offer "directionally favorable commentary" around the status of the parks in these two regions, Andress said.

This should help with the "rock-bottom" sentiment surrounding Six Flags' stock, as success in China could eventually translate to $10 million to $20 million of annualized EBITDA, according to KeyBanc. 

2 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

When DC Comics Super Heroes meet & greets will return to the park soon?

DC Meet and Greets haven’t been around consistently for years.  Personally, I see no signs of them returning.

Today at the park I saw Sky Screamer stopped 3 separate times for people using cell phones during the cycle. That ride seems to be one of the most susceptible to phones I guess because of the view.  

On 7/5/2019 at 2:00 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I don’t miss them. Use that money for some higher quality shows instead.  

Outside of Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park, there's like no shows

2 hours ago, Pineracer said:

Outside of Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park, there's like no shows

There are a few but if you take out the ones where the guests are the performers than you approach zero.  

• Like 1

29yrs. Its sad when you think about it!

On 7/1/2019 at 6:40 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

After 45 seasons, here's what remains from 1974:

1974 copy.jpg

• Like 1

Was at the park on Wednesday and it was absolutely dead! Only stayed for a few hours and got on most major coasters, many several times. Still haven't ridden Wonder Woman yet, but I'm looking forward to it when it does reopen.

On 7/12/2019 at 12:45 PM, owtoty said:

Was at the park on Wednesday and it was absolutely dead! Only stayed for a few hours and got on most major coasters, many several times. Still haven't ridden Wonder Woman yet, but I'm looking forward to it when it does reopen.

I heard they had to steal parts from Fiesta Texas, but I don't know if that was the last time or what. Looks like GA, MM, and FT will push their 2019's to 2020's.

20 minutes ago, Pineracer said:

I heard they had to steal parts from Fiesta Texas, but I don't know if that was the last time or what. Looks like GA, MM, and FT will push their 2019's to 2020's.

WHAT?! NOOOOOOOOO!!! Wonder Woman would be delay reopen in next year at Great Adventure no tell me this is not going to be happen now. WHEN WONDER WOMAN WOULD REOPEN AGAIN THIS MONTH OR NEXT MONTH!!!

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

33 minutes ago, Pineracer said:

Not going to happen at GA.  MM and FT are in a different boat as they are year round operations but probably won’t change for them either.  

Right, Great Adventure will repair the ride and I believe The Joker is opening this week at Fiesta Texas.  West Coast Racers is scheduled to open in September with the rest of The Underground section of the park opening in October.  This has no impact on 2020 plans.

I was somewhat surprised to see I got a bring a friend free offer for either Saturday or Sunday since it's so rare to see that for a summer weekend. I guess they think attendance is going to be down because of the heat?

Does anyone know if WW has opened yet? I’ve heard of things from it opening, to it begin temporarily closed. If anyone is at the park today can they confirm? Also does anyone know if the blue fence is down yet?

Wonder Woman opened over Memorial Day Weekend. It's running fine now.

Utility crews spotted removing the hands from the old Chiller Observatory onto a flatbed near Nitro. I guess they’re finally getting rid of them for good. 

3 hours ago, Tbone112499 said:

Utility crews spotted removing the hands from the old Chiller Observatory onto a flatbed near Nitro. I guess they’re finally getting rid of them for good. 

Thats sad. I think it looked way better with them. 

Maybe they are clearing the area to make it a staging area for supports. Isn't that what they did with Joker?

Edited by Squidy2201

9 hours ago, Tbone112499 said:

Wait, where were they? I assumed they had gotten rid of them when they took them off the building. lol

Edited by Matt Kaiser