Up_Up_and_Away

Misc GA Mumblings

2 minutes ago, Matt Kaiser said:

Wait, where were they? I assumed they had gotten rid of them when they took them off the building. lol

They were in pieces on the ground backstage near Nitro since they were removed. I think now they’re just throwing them away rather than have them continue to sit there broken lol

Just got a call from my wife. She got an email announcing the Flash Sale Pre-Sale. Check your email for the link. I couldn't find it on the park web page but she said there is a link in the email.

I renewed my pass for $68.99 and the meal plan for 78.99. It seems like the season pass is up a couple of bucks. I don't remember for sure.

During off season in the future I think they COULD fix Great Adventure for 2020:

-Repainting rides (Batman the Ride, Nitro, Kingda Ka, etc)

-Fix Big Wheel (LED Lights)

-Redo Main Entrance Road Pavement

-Add more animals to Safari area

-New Park Improvings

-After 2020 addition announced on August 29th, Maybe in next year/by end of 2019 they will announce new kids areas, Bugs Bunny Boomtown (replaces Safari Kids) and DC Super Friends (near by Justice League and Cyborg)

-More pavementing areas (Boardwalk, Movietown, Frontier Adventures, etc...)

-Retheme Movietown into DC Universe

-DC Comics characters meet & greet (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Joker, Harley Quinn, Supergirl, the Flash, etc...) will be returning to the park

and there's a lot more stuff during off-season or they can start year round in the future if they want to.

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

1 hour ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

During off season in the future I think they COULD fix Great Adventure for 2020:

-Repainting rides (Batman the Ride, Nitro, Kingda Ka, etc)

-Fix Big Wheel (LED Lights)

These alone would cost WAY beyond what Six Flags would dedicate to the capex budget for 2020. Morey's spent $1.3 million on their LED install on their Ferris wheel, and the cost of painting one roller coaster can run over well over $1 million, especially on coasters as big as Nitro or Kingda Ka.

Yea, the park still needs a lot of work, but it's important to remember the constraints they have and keep our pie in the sky fantasies grounded in a touch of realism. It's not as simple as "they could if they want to".

Edited by lynn41103

PSA for anyone attending today’s Glow Run! 🏃🏻‍♂️🎢

512A5D95-66F4-42BF-A28E-DA09BE10CCB0.jpeg

Quick question:  We alternate years between Six Flags Season Passes and Disney Season Passes. We are slated to purchase Six Flags passes, dining passes, and all season flash passes during the Labor Day sale; however, we were curious if the park changed the location where members obtain their skip-a-line passes. Last year, we had waits that pushed 45 minutes at times at the Flash Pass Headquarters due to that facility being used for both Flash Pass and Skip-a-line members. If the dual use of the Flash Pass Headquarters has not changed, we may rethink Six Flags passes this year. Thank you in advance for your assistance. 

There is an express kiosk for the skip the line passes. I don’t know if it is always open.

3 hours ago, Yoshi said:

There is an express kiosk for the skip the line passes. I don’t know if it is always open.

OK, that's good news, as it was a mess last year.

9 hours ago, Matt Kaiser said:

They set up a second express kiosk as well near the Boardwalk, but I don't know if that has ever been open at all. Maybe Fright Fest?

Ugh!  So maybe not as promising as I had hoped. I just find it ridiculous to have to stand in line for usually around 20 minutes in order obtain a device that makes your line waits shorter. 

10 minutes ago, rj1972 said:

Ugh!  So maybe not as promising as I had hoped. I just find it ridiculous to have to stand in line for usually around 20 minutes in order obtain a device that makes your line waits shorter. 

They open the park early. I went to the gate @10am, and they let me in. Not sure if that was just for that day. but it was cool, because crowds separated, and went their own way. Flash Pass Building, I waited under five minutes which was impressive. That was 10 days ago.

18 minutes ago, Joseph_D said:

They open the park early. I went to the gate @10am, and they let me in. Not sure if that was just for that day. but it was cool, because crowds separated, and went their own way. Flash Pass Building, I waited under five minutes which was impressive. That was 10 days ago.

That definitely is impressive. We usually arrive early, as well, so as not to deal with the fiasco. However, even being among the first through the gates, the FP HQ is either not yet open, or there is already a line in front of us. There really needs to be a better system.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rj1972 said:

That definitely is impressive. We usually arrive early, as well, so as not to deal with the fiasco. However, even being among the first through the gates, the FP HQ is either not yet open, or there is already a line in front of us. There really needs to be a better system.

Going Friday, and Saturday. Well see then

Hi everyone! I need some some help from you guys...

I haven't been to Great Adventure in almost 2 years! I've had to stop going on a regular basis because I went to college in Connecticut three years ago., but the good news is that I just graduated a recently! I've already bought a Membership pass for Great Adventure (thanks to the ongoing sale) and am planning to visit the park with my family on Wednesday 8/28.

Aside from the obvious new rides, are there any new, more subtle, features that have added to the park recently? I know about the solar field and whatnot, but I mean things that the general public may not notice, but theme park nerds like us would? Also, since I need to get my new Membership processed and get my card, have they streamlined that process any time recently?

I'll be sure to bring my camera and take plenty of pictures to show you guys, like I usually used to do.

Thanks in advance!

I think the only difference you will notice is the Justice League, Cyborg, and Wonder Woman along with the improvements to that area.  There have been some food option changes but I don't remember what those are with the exception of Cold Stone leaving.

I'm heading to the park today. The rain should stop in a couple of hours. If you're there and see a bearded guy in a Bartman T-shirt say hi.

Edited by scott

22 hours ago, nbadude44 said:

Hi everyone! I need some some help from you guys...

I haven't been to Great Adventure in almost 2 years! I've had to stop going on a regular basis because I went to college in Connecticut three years ago., but the good news is that I just graduated a recently! I've already bought a Membership pass for Great Adventure (thanks to the ongoing sale) and am planning to visit the park with my family on Wednesday 8/28.

Aside from the obvious new rides, are there any new, more subtle, features that have added to the park recently? I know about the solar field and whatnot, but I mean things that the general public may not notice, but theme park nerds like us would? Also, since I need to get my new Membership processed and get my card, have they streamlined that process any time recently?

I'll be sure to bring my camera and take plenty of pictures to show you guys, like I usually used to do.

Thanks in advance!

They haven't really had processing in many years. You just go to the gate, they scan your voucher, give you a card, and that's mostly it. Pick up a lanyard at the table (I think), then your member cup (if applicable) at Member Services.

I have a question to make, I know there will be crowds on tomorrow and Labor Day. I wonder Log Flume will going to be close soon?
I'm might aheading to the park on next weekend maybe Saturday or Sunday. Will Log Flume will be open by next weekend?

4 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I have a question to make, I know there will be crowds on tomorrow and Labor Day. I wonder Log Flume will going to be close soon?
I'm might aheading to the park on next weekend maybe Saturday or Sunday. Will Log Flume will be open by next weekend?

In previous years, they usually close both water rides right AFTER Labor Day. I doubt it'll be open on the 7th and 8th of September.

Is there still a Fright Fest maze under the Log Flume? I know that used to cause it to close for the season around Labor Day.

8 hours ago, Yoshi said:

Is there still a Fright Fest maze under the Log Flume? I know that used to cause it to close for the season around Labor Day.

All the props were still there and set up when I went the second week of August, so I'm guessing it'll be around this Fright Fest.