Jump to content
Up_Up_and_Away

Misc GA Mumblings

Recommended Posts

Great Adventure History website NEEDS update guys. We need to add Jersey Devil Coaster to roller coaster section soon along with Looney Tunes Seaport being removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, GAcoaster said:

Kind of hard to add those when we don't have picture yet...

ūüėāūüėāūüėā oh man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Great Adventure History website NEEDS update guys. We need to add Jersey Devil Coaster to roller coaster section soon along with Looney Tunes Seaport being removed.

 

Patience is a virtue, you know. Surely there must be SOMETHING else with which you can occupy your time.

 

May I suggest a timeless ball and cup game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 8:22 AM, Six Flags FUN! said:

Great Adventure History website NEEDS update guys. We need to add Jersey Devil Coaster to roller coaster section soon along with Looney Tunes Seaport being removed.

Good to see you haven’t calmed down in the couple weeks I haven’t checked the site...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a recent visit for the first time in years, it was great to see crowds are now disbursed evenly throughout the park, instead of the major coasters having 2+ hour waits all day. My longest wait wasn’t even a coaster! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I found this on Youtube: (What If Six Flags Purchased Kennywood?)

Don't you think this might happen soon in the future?

Yes, I have thought Kennywood and Sandcastle Waterpark would be acquired by Six Flags for some time.  It would open up access to the Pittsburgh and Cleveland markets for Six Flags.  With the relationship Six Flags has with EPR Properties,  it is possible for EPR to acquire the park and lease it back to Six Flags.  Everyone is expecting the new owners of Parques Reunidos to begin selling off parks (mostly in the U.S.) in the first half of next year.  Some people believe that SeaWorld is looking to expand it's footprint by acquiring some regional parks in the next couple of years, but this is just a rumor.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Medusa42 said:

Yes, I have thought Kennywood and Sandcastle Waterpark would be acquired by Six Flags for some time.  It would open up access to the Pittsburgh and Cleveland markets for Six Flags.  With the relationship Six Flags has with EPR Properties,  it is possible for EPR to acquire the park and lease it back to Six Flags.  Everyone is expecting the new owners of Parques Reunidos to begin selling off parks (mostly in the U.S.) in the first half of next year.  Some people believe that SeaWorld is looking to expand it's footprint by acquiring some regional parks in the next couple of years, but this is just a rumor.

 

 

*Attempts to turn Kentucky Kingdom into Busch Gardens Asia and fails*, just an idea I threw into a novel series

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am curious what the offer price would have to be for Six Flags to consider selling Great Adventure to another company, such as SeaWorld.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

I am curious what the offer price would have to be for Six Flags to consider selling Great Adventure to another company, such as SeaWorld.

 

Dude, Great Adventure is STILL Six Flags property.  It's not gonna brought by Cedar Fair or SeaWorld. They'll NEVER let Cedar Fair or SeaWorld buy the park. Six Flags stills OWNS the park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Dude, Great Adventure is STILL Six Flags property.  It's not gonna brought by Cedar Fair or SeaWorld. They'll NEVER let Cedar Fair or SeaWorld buy the park. Six Flags stills OWNS the park.

Everything is for sale if the price is right.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't been to a PR park yet but I've heard a lot of bad things about them : bad operations, crappy maintenance etc. Any truth to this ? ( or is it a bunch of Boulder Dash : P )

 

If there is then I'd guess it would be nice to have some of their parks be taken under someone else's wing.

Edited by Llama Drama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all. Me and my friend are going to the park on Sunday, and were wondering if anyone has had experience sneaking drinks into the park, and if its easy, hard, or just not possible at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! If Cedar Fair has all live webcams for all Cedar Fair parks, will Six Flags do the same as Cedar Fair does and have live webcams for their park?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 12:14 PM, Six Flags FUN! said:

Hey guys! If Cedar Fair has all live webcams for all Cedar Fair parks, will Six Flags do the same as Cedar Fair does and have live webcams for their park?

Hopefully yes, but for some reason I just don't see that happening...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried to go to the park today and my god, was it a mess. The park looked completely mobbed, with the car lines backing up over the overpass. They even had the secondary entrance closed. It was a nightmare just to turn around to get home and an SUV nearly pushed me off the road. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was like the perfect storm of anything that could cause crowds. Excellent weather, bring a friend free, the deadline to process season passes to get the free gold upgrade from the Flash Sale and many schools closed tomorrow so almost like a Saturday for many visitors. I almost went to Hershey, saw 2 1/4 hour waits for Comet and Lightning Racer on the app plus a lot of closed rides and decided against it. 

 

It also looks like Friday nights during Fright Fest are no longer low crowd days. It used to be just the last 2 Friday nights in October were bad but Queue Times was showing hour plus waits for some rides this past few Friday nights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday FF nights have not been low crowds since 2004. Also didn't help that there was a turned over car on the southbound side of 537, he must have been going pretty fast. Also I found out it was a Jewish holiday, which they can be pretty busy. Anyway, the traffic was a nightmare, besides the Southern entrance being closed, the first jug handle after the park was blocked off by the police. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 12:49 AM, RD30 said:

Hey all. Me and my friend are going to the park on Sunday, and were wondering if anyone has had experience sneaking drinks into the park, and if its easy, hard, or just not possible at all.

Every time I go, I stick two full water bottles in my bag. Sometimes I even have bars or candy. I have never been stopped. Even before the park went to airport style x-ray machines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Squidy2201 said:

Every time I go, I stick two full water bottles in my bag. Sometimes I even have bars or candy. I have never been stopped. Even before the park went to airport style x-ray machines

 

My wife tried to bring in a bottle of Vitamin Water and they told her to get rid of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...