Misc GA Mumblings

1 hour ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Yes!  You can see it lit up at night from atop the Big Wheel too.  It is massive.

That's crazy! So cool that you can observe such a historic building from the park. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for helping the site.  

I heard the weather will improve if you decide to take photos of the construction site and post them here. 

Are you Yoda?

Posted Images

I have seen those hangers many times from the various tall rides at the park. On really clear days you can see both AC and Philly from the drop tower. 

People are nuts: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=3058263617529227&id=259431950745755&__tn__=K-R

Jackson Police Department News Release

Trespassing Complaints

Recently JPD officers have had to respond to multiple reports of people trespassing onto Six Flags Great Adventure property along Reed Road. Some of those incidents have been:

On Sunday April 12, 2020 at approximately 1431 hours, officers responded to Reed Road on a report of people along the fence line. Responding officers located a family on bikes riding along Reed Road, which is an unpaved, township road. Officers did not observe anyone at the fence line trespassing on SFGA property which would fall under the petty disorderly persons offense of defiant trespassing and since the in presence requirement of the officers observing the offense was not met for them to legally issue a summons, the subjects were warned and SFGA representatives were contacted and advised they could sign complaints if they so chose.

The responding officers also considered the Governor’s Executive Order 107 which advises residents to stay at home or at their place of residence unless they are leaving for the following reasons: (exception) “walking, running or engaging in outdoor activities with immediate family, caretakers, household members or romantic partners” and E.O. 108 which states that no county or municipality may adopt or enforce any restrictions going forward related to: “any general restrictions on freedom of movement”. As this was a single family riding bikes on a public roadway, and other passing vehicles observed and not a party or social gathering as prohibited by E.O. 107, the subjects were advised of social distancing and no summonses were issued, which would have to be authorized by the Ocean County Prosecutors Office as related to violations of the Executive Order.

On Thursday April 16, 2020, officers responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle on Reed Road and trespassing on SFGA property. During this investigation, a 49 year old male was observed trespassing on property and claimed he went there to see the animals. He was issued a summons for defiant trespassing and released at the scene pending a court appearance.

Also on April 16th, the agency received information on 2 male subjects who were captured on SFGA security cameras, climbing over the fence and entering the safari property where they potentially could have risked coming into direct contact with the safari animals. This incident reportedly took place on Tuesday April 14th at approximately 1759 hours and the males were inside the safari for approximately a half hour before leaving. Anyone with any information on helping identify these subjects is asked to contact the Jackson Police Department at 732-928-1111 or through the department’s StopIt app online. Photos of the male subjects involved in this incident are included with the release.

We recommend that residents observe the Governor’s Executive Orders and stay at home, but if you do go outside, please remember to socially distance yourself from others. If going out, please do not trespass onto Six Flags Adventure Property (or any others), as the park is closed at this time. There will be additional patrols in the area and officers will investigate and evaluate each instance independently, keeping in mind the Executive Orders and Constitutional Rights and complaints will be signed when warranted.

A link for information on Executive Orders 107 and 108 is attached in the comments of this release. Thank you to all of our residents for your support and cooperation as we all deal with this current health crisis.

- The media and the public are reminded that any persons arrested or charged with any offenses or crimes are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court.

Captain Steven Laskiewicz
Investigations Division Commander
Jackson Police Department
April 17, 2020

94100739_3058261254196130_28812553213454

93356044_3058261517529437_73221159519466

93350320_3058261957529393_27088186636532

93833600_3058262284196027_71641141338754

The link is a news story about MD cops are giving people a final warning to put on pants before going outdoors to check their mail boxes. 

That is crazy entering the safari like that on foot. 

Edited by The Master
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else wish the rails on Superman were still yellow? I love the repaint but I miss the yellow and red instead of the track just being red

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, ZachMan said:

Anyone else wish the rails on Superman were still yellow? I love the repaint but I miss the yellow and red instead of the track just being red

Totally agree, the yellow gave it much more character.

• Like 1

Superman at Great America kept the original paint scheme with yellow rails when it was repainted in early 2019.  It seems odd that Great Adventure and Over Georgia didn't.

Edited by Medusa42
fixed typo
  • 1 month later...
On 4/14/2020 at 3:57 PM, XENITH said:

I was just doing some homework and stumbled upon the Hindenburg disaster that occurred in New Jersey. Now I didn't know it had occurred at the Lakehurst Air Base near Jackson, so I took to Google Earth to see if it was the answer to a long time question I have had for years:

Every time I've ridden El Toro and Bizarro, I've looked out into the distance and seen a massive, very ominous looking titanic of a building in the distance but I never knew what it was. I was always intrigued by the building, since it was just so gargantuan and strange yet unknown to me. I thought perhaps it was part of a naval base for some sort of training or something along those lines, but upon my research I think its actually the building where the Hindenburg originated from! I've looked at images like the one below and it matches exactly with what I remember seeing in the distance from riding El Toro and Bizarro. Can anyone verify if this is true or not?

Hindenburg | Weird NJ

I had to do some digging but I found my picture taken from the Big Wheel.

2012_08_20_IMG_5590 copy.jpg

53 minutes ago, GAcoaster said:

I just saw on Facebook that Nitro was testing today with riders on board. It looks like the park is testing the whole riding with masks on. 

any photos or videos ? 

3 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

There is a video but it wasn't posted publicly. 

I definitely think that riding coasters with masks won’t be an issue, and it’s great to hear that nitro was testing at GADV! 

There will be some masks flying off on the rides which will cause issues. What riders will do if they lose their masks, how lost masks will be collected and disposed of, how often will they be collected since you don't want them to pile up. Plus if they get soaked on a water ride, it would be similar to water boarding trying to breathe through a damp mask. Not to mention wearing masks in the summer heat will increase the number of faintings. Masks are highly uncomfortable in the heat, I know I can't walk around in hot weather wearing one for long without getting dizzy. 

Edited by The Master
  • Like 3

If I go to the park, I am going to bring a few masks with me, the inexpensive ones that Walmart are selling in a 50 pack for $13. I hear they are easier to breathe in than the cloth reusable masks. Hopefully there will be rest areas where you don't have to wear a mask like Universal has, if someone needs to take a break from the mask.

• Like 1